November 16, 2018, 01:48:07 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 29136 times)

December 02, 2017, 12:29:00 AM
Reply #15

Thomas

::)
Like everything else with you even the above response was predictable.

He's your mate though, isn't he?

Selective blindness.

Basically, because someone has a different opinion to you and your little faction, its 'settle down and stop talking bollocks'.

Favouritism.

December 02, 2017, 12:31:40 AM
Reply #16

Thomas

accept that sometimes people hold a different opinion to you.

I agreed with almost every line you wrote, until this.

If someone trolls me, its valid. Usually i get trolled because I have a different opinion to someone else. People feel happy to call that 'talking shite'

When someone else I FEEL is talking shite their opinion is bombproof and how dare i question it.

Otherwise, thanks for a reasonable post.

December 02, 2017, 12:39:58 AM
Reply #17

Thomas

Tbf it would be hard for Williams yo regularly be in the England team seeing as he's captain of Wales (yes, I know he's English really).

hahahhaa

Good joke. I hadn't thought of that myself. He's still a Welsh Lamb though.

Having said that would/should Keane or even Stones get in England's back 4?

December 02, 2017, 12:42:18 AM
Reply #18

Thomas

I have no idea who any of this lot are and dont spend enough time on here to pick a side....but this time you are in the wrong.

There isnt always a motive pal
Fair enough.

December 02, 2017, 01:23:47 AM
Reply #19

Thomas

The more important question is who is the better defender out of Stones and Keane when they were in their first season at Everton or the first season in the first team squad.

Bit of a toss up on that one. Both equally struggled. I expect Keane to settle down in the next couple of weeks and show his quality as he is a good player.

Stones is a Rolfe Royce tho. Very few defenders like him around. My favourite defender in the EPL at present.

This isn't neccesarily a dig and it takes a bit off what @Brownie20 said, Evertonians like a reasonably priced car. a Boeing 747 not Concorde or a private jet.

Its for us at the moment trying to find an upgrade on a Ford KA between that and an Aston Martin.

At the moment we have Mondeo Man players (Old Blair addage for in the middle type people) when we need an Audi for its dual  reliability and glamour. Sometimes playing 'sexy football' (Gullit)  fails miserably (Newcastle) or appointing top managers to fight relegation or quickly improve players (Benitez, again at Newcastle)

(I won't be making car analogies again as this one is ropey, at best)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:25:06 AM by Thomas »

December 02, 2017, 05:52:20 AM
Reply #20

Thomas

When did I say that, ever? Find the quote

I meant thats what posts where saying on here, in general. Relief at signing someone like Williams and being different to Stones because AW was a 'defender who can defend'.

I guess it IS hyperbole and generalisation but people have acknowledged this DID happen.

February 10, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
Reply #21

Thomas

Bordering on a big failure this season if you ask me. Would have preferred Harry Maguire.

February 10, 2018, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #22

Thomas

Great hindsight isn't it.
No to be honest I had noticed Maguire before at Hull but not Keane at Burnley.