October 19, 2019, 10:44:14 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 50155 times)

October 22, 2017, 01:54:08 AM
Read 50155 times

Martip

Hes been really poor so far but im hopi g its a result of the dross around him.

October 22, 2017, 10:45:40 PM
Reply #1

Martip

One of the lads who I work with used to scout for Burnley.

I spoke to him when we signed Keane and he remarked that he is very solid, dominant in the air and a relatively good passer of the ball, without being a John Stones type. He did go on to say however, that the Burnley backroom staff recognised that Keane plays best in a narrow back four when he has the protection of a full back tucked in close. He isn't good when isolated or when needed to go out to the flanks as he has a tendency to loose his positioning/spatial awareness and be easily bypassed. Given how lacking in formation we are currently, our centre halves (whoever they may be week to week) are being pulled into the flanks far too often leaving huge gaps in the middle.

It feels too soon to judge him, particularly given the number of different people he has had playing next to him, but fair to say he is totally lacking confidence at the moment.
Interesting post makes a lot of sense.

November 19, 2017, 04:56:24 AM
Reply #2

Martip

Rubbish again today :headbang:

November 19, 2017, 05:51:07 AM
Reply #3

Martip

A side from his complete lack of pace and being weak in the air, he is awful at reading the game.

He responds to the game, he is incapable of reading movement or learning opposition player habits
Agree with all that

November 24, 2017, 04:04:45 AM
Reply #4

Martip

This dopey looking prick is an absolute joke of a player....

November 24, 2017, 04:10:09 AM
Reply #5

Martip

Keane has all the things he needs in his locker, to become a great centre back, he just needs better coaching and better players around him. We will sort that out.... eventually!
Can't see it.

December 02, 2017, 12:35:45 AM
Reply #6

Martip

The stones/keane thing is an interesting topic for sure.

We all saw the potential stones had but truth be told we were desperate for some decent defending as we d been crap at the back. I don't mind admiting I was chuffed with both Williams and keane signing...obviously both are looking awful now so proved wrong big time (I know, I know it doesn't happen very often).

One important thing to remember is that stones probably would not be the player he is now had he'd of stayed simply die to the way play/managers. It was one of those transfers that felt right for all 3 parties at the time.

February 04, 2018, 10:41:18 PM
Reply #7

Martip

February 04, 2018, 11:59:34 PM
Reply #8

Martip

So disappointed with how it's panned out with him. Of all our signings I really thought he'd be the best....called that wrong.

March 13, 2019, 08:30:22 PM
Reply #9

Martip

Named in the England squad
Happy for him but still dont think hes good enough.

March 13, 2019, 08:45:59 PM
Reply #10

Martip

I'd agree with all that apart from him being quite good on the ball, I think it's his biggest weakness. I don't mind him but think we can do so much better. It's Zouma +1 at cb for me. Mina really needs to improve to stand a chance of getting a starting spot as he's hardly covered himself in glory when he's played
Been so disappointed with mine this year.