September 23, 2019, 08:29:45 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 49175 times)

November 15, 2018, 02:29:25 AM
Reply #450

gizzblue

Total opposite from last year ...we look to have a real player in him who can not only defend but spot a forward ball too ... he's just going to improve imho alongside either Zouma or Mina .
Born not made a blue .

November 21, 2018, 07:27:40 PM
Reply #451

Toddacelli

He doesn't get caught out of position as much I've noticed. He was always scrambling last year, even when we were playing in a much more defensive setup. We can credit Silva but I think we need to credit the lad for getting his head right too, he looks to be concentrating better.

Scrambling is the perfect word. Whenever I picture Keane from last year - that's exactly what he's doing in my mind's eye - scrambling to turn as the ball passes him to his right-hand side. Possibly had a bit to do with opposition targeting Kenny as well though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 13, 2019, 08:09:06 PM
Reply #452

Macca77

Named in the England squad

March 13, 2019, 08:21:50 PM
Reply #453

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a mixed bag year, but ultimately I think he's a shown that even when he's good he's shite.

Knock a ball over his head into the box and he just can't deal with it.

Run at him quickly and he can't deal with it.

He's quite good on the ball, better than I thought originally, but probably not as good as Holgate.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 13, 2019, 08:30:22 PM
Reply #454

Martip

Named in the England squad
Happy for him but still dont think hes good enough.

March 13, 2019, 08:41:57 PM
Reply #455

bigmanbob

Had a mixed bag year, but ultimately I think he's a shown that even when he's good he's shite.

Knock a ball over his head into the box and he just can't deal with it.

Run at him quickly and he can't deal with it.

He's quite good on the ball, better than I thought originally, but probably not as good as Holgate.
I'd agree with all that apart from him being quite good on the ball, I think it's his biggest weakness. I don't mind him but think we can do so much better. It's Zouma +1 at cb for me. Mina really needs to improve to stand a chance of getting a starting spot as he's hardly covered himself in glory when he's played

March 13, 2019, 08:45:59 PM
Reply #456

Martip

I'd agree with all that apart from him being quite good on the ball, I think it's his biggest weakness. I don't mind him but think we can do so much better. It's Zouma +1 at cb for me. Mina really needs to improve to stand a chance of getting a starting spot as he's hardly covered himself in glory when he's played
Been so disappointed with mine this year.

March 13, 2019, 08:47:10 PM
Reply #457

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Quite like him on the ball, he can pass. He can't drive forward which Zouma, Mina and Holgate can all do though.

We could really, really do with getting some proper minutes out of Yerry Mina. Was one of the highest rated prospects on the planet about 12 months ago.

Think we've either got potentially a proper player there and we just need to get him playing and settled, or we've been sold the biggest turkey in Everton history.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 13, 2019, 08:51:22 PM
Reply #458

bigmanbob

I read something from Keane after Koeman went on his merry way saying Koeman tried to turn him into a ball playing CB, here's an idea don't buy someone on his strengths which are good old fashioned English CB strengths then try and turn him into a ball player just buy a fucking ball playing CB in the first instance

March 13, 2019, 09:03:48 PM
Reply #459

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hes very good on the ball imo.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 13, 2019, 10:21:36 PM
Reply #460

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Do not forget that he is only 26. He will only improve for the next 5 years and he has 7-8 of his best years ahead. A better year for him this year, and more to come without a doubt.

EDIT - Just to add to this - Look at the ages of our back line, and it tells you that our best years are most definately in front of us:

Pickford 25,

Kenny 21, Keane 26, Mina 24, Digne 25

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:31:17 PM by Gary1878 »

March 13, 2019, 10:26:57 PM
Reply #461

Cozzie

I'm not his biggest fan but definite improvement this season no doubt.

Doubt we will sign Zouma so we need to start getting his partnership with Mina going for the remainder of the season I reckon.

March 13, 2019, 10:31:22 PM
Reply #462

sam of the south

Do not forget that he is only 26. He will only improve for the next 5 years and he has 7-8 of his best years ahead. A better year for him this year, and more to come without a doubt.

True, and its not like hes got any pace to lose
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 13, 2019, 11:08:27 PM
Reply #463

BlueForYou

Poor man's John Stones

Well done on England call up
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

March 13, 2019, 11:32:52 PM
Reply #464

eyesalwaysblue

Either very good or fuckin awful
I still despise Clive Thomas..