November 12, 2019, 06:49:48 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 50903 times)

April 03, 2019, 01:19:26 AM
Reply #510

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
£50m for Micheal Keane would be the deal of the century from Brands.

Won't happen of course but phwoar.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 01:23:43 AM
Reply #511

Cozzie

What would we then do with the £50m? Buy who?

Whoever Brands and Silva thought was the ideal fit.

This is what he is paid to do.

April 03, 2019, 02:26:04 AM
Reply #512

KoemansNumberTens

We have to be willing to sell players if we feel the offers are higher than their worth. Of course we want to keep players but if we are confident in our staff everyone should be available at a price. Back them to find value both in sales and purchases

April 03, 2019, 02:54:44 AM
Reply #513

Outworlder47

Then there seems to be this belief that Brands can come up with a gem from abroad. But buying from abroad is always a risk. For example we could go for a player like Jonathan Tah from Leverkusen (just an example), but no matter how good he is in Germany, no matter how high his perceived potential, buying him would be a gamble.

I don't know, I could well be wrong but my outlook is that Keane is not really a big problem in the team, selling him would potentially create another problem, a problem where would need two CBs in the summer.

Not saying we should or shouldn't, but there's a wealth of young CB talent in Germany right now. Besides Tah (22), there's Zagadou (19) and Akanji (23) at Dortmund, Konaté (19) and Upamecano (20) at Leipzig, N'Dicka (19) at Eintracht, Elvedi (22) at Gladbach, and others of course.

April 03, 2019, 02:55:55 AM
Reply #514

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not saying we should or shouldn't, but there's a wealth of young CB talent in Germany right now. Besides Tah (22), there's Zagadou (19) and Akanji (23) at Dortmund, Konaté (19) and Upamecano (20) at Leipzig, N'Dicka (19) at Eintracht, Elvedi (22) at Gladbach, and others of course.
There was a wealth of young talented goalkeepers in Germany a few years back... Didn't particularly go well that
Simply simply lovely

April 03, 2019, 03:12:34 AM
Reply #515

Cozzie

Don't mention big Johnny Tah, or I will get erect.

Longed for him here for ages.

Him and Mina would be frightening next season.

April 03, 2019, 03:26:41 AM
Reply #516

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It’s not happening though, is it.

Arsenal and Spurs aren’t spending most of their budget on Michael Keane.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 03, 2019, 05:34:07 AM
Reply #517

Evertonian in NC

Like the people say, everyone but Real and Barca are "selling" clubs.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 03, 2019, 01:26:07 PM
Reply #518

ajax_andy

Levy doesn't over pay for players... £50m for Keane would be massively over paying.  This definitely isn't happening.

April 03, 2019, 03:06:34 PM
Reply #519

Bluedylan

Dunno whether Spurs or Arsenal are actually interested, but Keane's passing into midfield (into feet) will make him highly desirable to teams like that. Rio Ferdinand always said he was the best at Utd at passing the ball through the lines from defence, when he was there, and we're seeing lots of evidence of that.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

April 03, 2019, 03:19:39 PM
Reply #520

TheTone

April 03, 2019, 03:41:36 PM
Reply #521

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dunno whether Spurs or Arsenal are actually interested, but Keane's passing into midfield (into feet) will make him highly desirable to teams like that. Rio Ferdinand always said he was the best at Utd at passing the ball through the lines from defence, when he was there, and we're seeing lots of evidence of that.

Rio was able to run and turn at the pace of a good athlete.

No top team will want Micheal Keane, don't buy it for a minute.

Edit: I like his passing too. Slide rule at times.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 03, 2019, 05:42:34 PM
Reply #522

formerKHL

We have to be willing to sell players if we feel the offers are higher than their worth. Of course we want to keep players but if we are confident in our staff everyone should be available at a price. Back them to find value both in sales and purchases

Sorry not being personal.. but what a load of tosh that is....If that was the case every club would be selling their players to anyone who came along and offered "more than their worth"......

April 03, 2019, 05:44:49 PM
Reply #523

Makis

Sorry not being personal.. but what a load of tosh that is....If that was the case every club would be selling their players to anyone who came along and offered "more than their worth"......
Isn't this quite true apart from a very few exceptions (selling to your rivals)? Of course the player has to agree.

April 03, 2019, 05:51:44 PM
Reply #524

formerKHL

I don't think it is no....

if everton would of had the option not to sell lukaku do you think they would have ?