October 24, 2019, 07:25:40 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 50388 times)

October 21, 2017, 10:29:33 PM
Read 50388 times

Evertonian in NC

Keane is a good player on bad form.  He's too young for this to be permanent.  Writing him off the likes of Shane Fucking Duffy is laughable.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 21, 2017, 11:16:15 PM
Reply #1

Evertonian in NC

Even in an inflated market, I find it hard to believe Duffy ever goes for more than 10m
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 21, 2017, 11:41:57 PM
Reply #2

Evertonian in NC

He has a similar path to Michael Keane in several ways. Didn't get much game time at big club, loaned out lots, left at 21 and found a starting place to develop further down the food chain. Both are more typical old school defenders.

I'd say 20m+ would be needed to make Brighton even entertain the idea. I'd rather have Dunk and Duffy than any pairing of our centre backs currently.

You hit on an interesting point, in that I think the pairing, or at least the overall shape of our back four might be more of the problem than Keane individually.  He's just not capable of carrying us, and has fallen into a rut.

October 22, 2017, 01:06:37 AM
Reply #3

Evertonian in NC

He's suffered with a lack of consistency next to him. He's had Jags and Williams rotating next to him and then Martina, Holgate and Kenny all randomly playing on the right side. It's hard to build up a level of form as a new player with a shifting defence. He's also had to play in a 3 and a 4. I think every single defender deserves a little bit of slack right now but Keane maybe moreso than anyone else.

It's hard to imagine, but maybe Funes Mori really would work well next to him?  They seems fairly complementary.

November 14, 2018, 08:00:53 PM
Reply #4

Evertonian in NC

That is remarkable quality and depth, fixed within such a short time period.  Build the foundation first.

April 02, 2019, 08:33:27 PM
Reply #5

Evertonian in NC

Sell Keane - buy Zouma

Simples

If this is an option, then absolutely.

April 03, 2019, 05:34:07 AM
Reply #6

Evertonian in NC

Like the people say, everyone but Real and Barca are "selling" clubs.

May 22, 2019, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

And the commentators on TV

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

There was a "way too early Top 6" thing on ESPNFC here that put Leicester 6th because "I really like the Brendan Rodgers appointment."  I guess this will be the new talking point.