October 16, 2019, 04:09:32 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 49944 times)

April 03, 2019, 06:40:04 PM
Reply #525

Lxxx

Sorry not being personal.. but what a load of tosh that is....If that was the case every club would be selling their players to anyone who came along and offered "more than their worth"......

Isn't that what virtually every club does though. Unless you genuinely don't need the money, like the top few in world football, every club will consider offers for their players if the amounts are too good to refuse outright and the clubs bidding are an attractive proposition for the player.

April 03, 2019, 06:56:45 PM
Reply #526

formerKHL

Isn't that what virtually every club does though. Unless you genuinely don't need the money, like the top few in world football, every club will consider offers for their players if the amounts are too good to refuse outright and the clubs bidding are an attractive proposition for the player.

no most clubs would rather keep their assets and not have to sell..99 times out of a hundred it's the player who wants the move after getting the sniff of the "better clubs" interest and in these days of agents once they get a sniff of the potential move it's practically a done deal

April 06, 2019, 05:25:19 PM
Reply #527

Toddacelli

I'd like us to get Tah.

Then I could get a shirt with his name on it - it would also be my initials!

On second thoughts - I've just realised that there is nothing stopping me from doing that anyway!

The only question is - does the TAH go above or below STRACQUALURSI?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 06, 2019, 08:25:57 PM
Reply #528

KoemansNumberTens

Sorry not being personal.. but what a load of tosh that is....If that was the case every club would be selling their players to anyone who came along and offered "more than their worth"......

They are apart from the top few who don’t need the money to reinvest. Pretty much every team is a selling club

April 06, 2019, 08:27:23 PM
Reply #529

KoemansNumberTens

I don't think it is no....

if everton would of had the option not to sell lukaku do you think they would have ?

Everton had the option to keep lukaku. We sold him

April 06, 2019, 08:30:02 PM
Reply #530

KoemansNumberTens

no most clubs would rather keep their assets and not have to sell..99 times out of a hundred it's the player who wants the move after getting the sniff of the "better clubs" interest and in these days of agents once they get a sniff of the potential move it's practically a done deal

Surely if we are confident we’ve got the team in place to get value in the market then why wouldn’t we sell Keane for double what he’s worth (be that 50, 60 or even 70 million)
He’s not an outlandish talent we have no hope of doing better than.

April 06, 2019, 08:58:02 PM
Reply #531

claimabstract

Constantly selling somewhat key players is disruptive to making progress as a team. Sure, it's possible that we could buy a defender that is roughly equal (with us losing time for him to graft into the team), but it's equally likely (or much more likely, based on Everton's recent history) to end up with a dud.

April 06, 2019, 10:04:04 PM
Reply #532

gizzblue

Everton had the option to keep lukaku. We sold him

Even when he (like a twat) refused point blank to come back off holiday  with his then bff Pogba...they had zero option in reality .
Born not made a blue .

April 22, 2019, 01:08:53 AM
Reply #533

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
What are peoples thoughts on him now? I've always rated him but I have totally got why others have not. Anyone changed opinion for better or worse on the lad? I reckon he's been great this season

(And apologies Gash forgot there was a thread)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:12:11 AM by Silas »

April 22, 2019, 01:21:38 AM
Reply #534

Shogun

Administrator
Feel the same way.

I think if things suddenly take a turn or the worse again then he'll be one of the first to let his head drop.

He's a confidence player which isn't ideal for a CB.

April 22, 2019, 01:32:53 AM
Reply #535

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
What are peoples thoughts on him now? I've always rated him but I have totally got why others have not. Anyone changed opinion for better or worse on the lad? I reckon he's been great this season

(And apologies Gash forgot there was a thread)

Still not massively convinced but was very good again
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 22, 2019, 01:43:35 AM
Reply #536

sam of the south

I like his passing range, and his positional sense is good, which is vital due to his lack of pace
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 22, 2019, 01:59:19 AM
Reply #537

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Feel the same way.

I think if things suddenly take a turn or the worse again then he'll be one of the first to let his head drop.

He's a confidence player which isn't ideal for a CB.

Agree with this.  He's got some great stuff to his game and when things are going well then he looks like an assured centre back, but he also seems to have it in him to be shambolic when things aren't so good.  That true of all players to an extent, but with Keane it seems more apparent.

That said, you'd hope that a prolonged run of good form in a good team will see him iron that side out of his game.

April 22, 2019, 02:02:15 AM
Reply #538

Macca77

He's a great player

April 22, 2019, 02:11:48 AM
Reply #539

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Still far from convinced.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown