July 16, 2019, 09:02:19 PM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 46922 times)

May 22, 2019, 02:02:46 AM
Reply #555

Shogun

Administrator
We wouldn’t interest any of their players and vice versa.
I never claimed to be a saint

May 22, 2019, 02:10:24 AM
Reply #556

Cozzie

Weird if Maguire went to City.

Hes good but nowhere near that level.

May 22, 2019, 02:17:17 AM
Reply #557

Lxxx

Weird if Maguire went to City.

Hes good but nowhere near that level.

Great teams and managers can carry average/above average players to a higher level. Man U did it for years under Fergie. He'd fit right in, he's great on the ball and he wouldn't have to do a great deal of last ditch defending in that side.

May 22, 2019, 03:04:07 AM
Reply #558

Cereal Killer

Pretty sure Maguire wouldn't be first choice for City anyway, Laporte & Stones, he'd be battling with Otamendi...

May 22, 2019, 04:00:01 AM
Reply #559

Toddacelli

What are peoples thoughts on him now? I've always rated him but I have totally got why others have not. Anyone changed opinion for better or worse on the lad? I reckon he's been great this season

(And apologies Gash forgot there was a thread)

He's put in some good performances but he seems so fragile.

All the great CB's had blood and thunder, death or glory, grit and determination. Even the modern ball-playing CB's, the best ones still have that 'wall' mentality in the locker.

Of course, all the best CB's made a name for themselves in a settled defence so there's still time for him to change minds. Here's the conundrum:

Has he played better as we have had clean sheets in defence
or
Have we had clean sheets in defence as he has played better?

There's definitely a bit of both there, but which way is it leaning?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 22, 2019, 04:45:45 AM
Reply #560

Macca77

He's been great with Zouma alongside him this season, will be interesting how he looks without him

May 22, 2019, 01:26:47 PM
Reply #561

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I miss Stones :(
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 22, 2019, 01:33:08 PM
Reply #562

Toddacelli

I miss Stones :(

Agree. It kinda feels like Keane is the supposed to be the baller who filled the hole Stones left behind. Not quite doing that yet is he?   :(

May 22, 2019, 01:35:50 PM
Reply #563

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Agree. It kinda feels like Keane is the supposed to be the baller who filled the hole Stones left behind. Not quite doing that yet is he?   :(

I like Keane, but he isnt Stones.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 22, 2019, 01:40:42 PM
Reply #564

Toddacelli

I like Keane, but he isnt Stones.

I still think he has the potential to be close, but it seems to be the mental side of the game - preparation, attitude when backs to the wall, reaction when he makes a mistake or we go a goal down, stuff like that.

Contrary to that though - I thought he did show a great deal of mental strength after that head injury. He was right back in it and competing for headers.

It's almost as if people are a bit complex and don't fit any one label isn't it?

Come on Keane - you're our rebound shag - it's up to you to make us forget all about Stones!

May 22, 2019, 03:02:40 PM
Reply #565

Macca77

Leicester fan on twitter claiming they're a bigger club, Rogers is a world class manager, they have better fans, a better stadium etc..

May 22, 2019, 03:03:39 PM
Reply #566

Lxxx

Be interesting to se what happens if we get an offer that enables us to make a decent profit on him. He's come on great this season but he's still flaky as fuck and liable to nosedive if he/we enter a run of bad form.

May 22, 2019, 03:15:43 PM
Reply #567

BlueBeagle

Leicester fan on twitter claiming they're a bigger club, Rogers is a world class manager, they have better fans, a better stadium etc..

And?

Par for the course with football fans on Twitter.

May 22, 2019, 03:17:18 PM
Reply #568

Shogun

Administrator
He’s nowhere near Stones like.
I never claimed to be a saint

May 22, 2019, 03:31:36 PM
Reply #569

Ramjam

And?

Par for the course with football fans on Twitter.
And the commentators on TV

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE