July 06, 2020, 02:54:28 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 63330 times)

May 22, 2019, 03:37:05 PM
Reply #570

Macca77

And?

Par for the course with football fans on Twitter.

No and! Reckons it would be hard for any player to turn Leicester down

Absolutely precious

May 22, 2019, 06:41:46 PM
Reply #571

ajax_andy

I doubt we'd even consider selling him even for a profit if we don't get Zuma in permanently.  We can't suddenly lose both of our first choice centre backs over the summer.

May 22, 2019, 06:43:40 PM
Reply #572

Evertonian in NC

And the commentators on TV

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

There was a "way too early Top 6" thing on ESPNFC here that put Leicester 6th because "I really like the Brendan Rodgers appointment."  I guess this will be the new talking point.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

June 23, 2019, 05:37:57 PM
Reply #573

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 23, 2019, 06:34:51 PM
Reply #574

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes big mick.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

December 29, 2019, 01:45:45 AM
Reply #575

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Had a really rough season again hasn't he, but have to say he was very good in the air today.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2019, 01:57:56 AM
Reply #576

Gash

Global Moderator
It's stange because people are on his case for the least thing now. If he doesn't boom a clearing header 50 yards up the pitch people moan yet no one mentioned a couple of Holgate fuck ups that Keane covered for very well in the first half.

December 29, 2019, 01:59:34 AM
Reply #577

Shogun

Administrator
Had a really rough season again hasn't he, but have to say he was very good in the air today.

Isn't he normally?

It's when someone turns him over with a tiny bit of pace that he struggles badly.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

December 29, 2019, 02:00:32 AM
Reply #578

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't he normally?

It's when someone turns him over with a tiny bit of pace that he struggles badly.

Yes absolutely agree. just felt he deserved some praise for a part of his game this is very good.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 29, 2019, 02:02:41 AM
Reply #579

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
It's stange because people are on his case for the least thing now. If he doesn't boom a clearing header 50 yards up the pitch people moan yet no one mentioned a couple of Holgate fuck ups that Keane covered for very well in the first half.

Always the same on here - the ‘black and white’ view.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 29, 2019, 02:12:09 AM
Reply #580

Toffee_4_Life

He was absolutely fine today. Lost a couple of headers early doors against Carroll (who doesn't) but settled into it.

We've seen Mina get injured several times so Keane is always going to have to play during the busy Xmas period. He's become the newest target for the boo boys then it's not 'cool' to praise him when he earns it.

December 29, 2019, 02:23:47 AM
Reply #581

Bluedylan

Decent game today.

Not to be a dick, but I'd also be remiss if I didn't say that I still don't think he's good enough or will be good enough for us, and would replace him.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

December 29, 2019, 02:34:24 AM
Reply #582

GrantyBoy78

He’s certainly capable of having a good game here and there, even a decent run of games, as per end of last season. But, ultimately, he just hasn’t got the mentally to be a top (consistent) CB. You’re always anticipating the inevitable cycle of: mistake, crisis of confidence, form falling off a cliff.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

December 29, 2019, 02:42:37 AM
Reply #583

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I think he's had the time and opportunities to show that he's not the answer for us and that we should be looking to upgrade at some point.

He started shaky today, think he got rinsed positionally for the chance they had right at the start of the game.  But he settled down and did alright overall I thought.

On another note, that was a Ryan Shawcross-esque performance from Andy Carroll today.  That disgusting combination of being overly physical whilst throwing yourself to the ground at any opportunity when the boots on the other foot.

December 29, 2019, 02:56:12 AM
Reply #584

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Carroll was a fucking joke today.