November 22, 2017, 05:20:47 PM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 11579 times)

August 20, 2017, 05:24:14 PM
Reply #45

EVERTON 66

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Schneiderlin Gueye

Rooney Klaassen Mirallas

Sandro
I feel jags will be back for this one. Don't know if sandro will be fit so toss up with Rooney or DCL up front. Mirallas is running out of time to show he has a future with sigurdsson waiting in the wings n onyekuru n bolassie to come in next season  .

August 20, 2017, 10:31:49 PM
Reply #46

blue1948

I feel jags will be back for this one. Don't know if sandro will be fit so toss up with Rooney or DCL up front. Mirallas is running out of time to show he has a future with sigurdsson waiting in the wings n onyekuru n bolassie to come in next season  .
Oh god ! Do you think he will still be here then?

August 20, 2017, 10:39:50 PM
Reply #47

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford

Keane Jags Williams

Davies                     Baines
Gana Schneiderlin Klaassen

Rooney
DCL/Sandro
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 01:34:53 AM
Reply #48

MarcusFenix

Really don't get the Williams shouts, much rather have Keane and Jagielka.

Would also go with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies in a narrow 3 with Lookman and maybe Lennon as wide players, dropping into a 5 when City have the ball and using their pace to drag defenders wide and out of position when we have the ball
Whats the difference between lust,love and true love? Spits,swallows and gargles

August 21, 2017, 02:10:44 AM
Reply #49

Rhys

I like 3-4-3 as a system but you have to have the right players if you dont and it goes wrong it can be a nightmare whereas much more margin for error positionally in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

I think in an ideal world you need wide centre halves who are comfortable moving forward and can defend in wide areas and understand how to attack as a full back. The wing backs need to be able to defend to a decent level but more important to be able to attack as they provide most of the width for the system.

Baines should be good as a wing back but hardly ever played well there. His starting positions are too deep and he isnt someone who can attack when isolated because he cant dribble past defenders he needs people to work with. Coleman can do it but not around, I'd imagine Martina would play there if we do it at least he seems to have good energy for the role and willing to put a cross in.

But the wide centre halves as we saw against Stoke didnt work. Keane wasnt willing enough to move into the wide area or move into their half past the midfield. Jags is ok but likewise didnt look comfortable moving into the left back area. You might get away with it with one wide centre half not being comfortable or doing it but cant have neither as you literally end up with 3 narrow centre backs. Spurs when they play it have Dier and Verthongen as the wide centre backs and both can move forward and give additional options when attacking.

Tomorrow it could not be as big an issue from an attacking perspective because they will be mainly defending but I just feel we dont have the natural players for the system available so better off going 4 at the back. I prefer Jags still to williams, but williams is at his best when it is a tight defensive shape and he defends the box so from a tactical perspective it might be a game which suits his strengths rather than him being isolated and exposed for lack of mobility.

August 21, 2017, 02:16:21 AM
Reply #50

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I do agree with all that and I'd worry about Williams being isolated with the ball when we're trying to play out, so in a perfect world we'd have one deep block defender in the middle and two comfortable Cb's out wide I guess, but we don't have the personell.

But tomorrow's going to be more about soaking up their pressure and hitting balls into the channels than anything else I think.

Big problem with that is it takes away about 90% of Schneiderlin's game by bypassing the midfield. He becomes a tackler who shows for the ball under pressure.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2017, 02:22:56 AM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I took a few bummings.

You are a bit of a slut though

August 21, 2017, 02:25:34 AM
Reply #52

ally2

I hope Gana gets a good night's sleep tonight.  He'll need it.  Not the time to experiment with new pillows.

August 21, 2017, 02:54:47 AM
Reply #53

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford
Martina  Keane  Jagielka  Baines
Schneiderlin
Gana       Davies
Klaassen
Sandro   Rooney
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

August 21, 2017, 03:04:32 AM
Reply #54

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
You are a bit of a slut though

As he told me, you can either cry like a baby or try make the most of the situation.

August 21, 2017, 03:31:47 AM
Reply #55

Buck76

Pickford

Keane  Williams  Jags

Martina                     Baines
Gana Schneiderlin
Klaassen
               Rooney
Sandro

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 03:36:37 AM by Buck76 »

August 21, 2017, 04:49:17 AM
Reply #56

Ravardo

Im gonna eat my words and say shneiderlin and gueye have to play rather than gueye and davies but all 3 can still play together but maybe later in the game so                                            PICKFORD

MARTINA    KEANE          WILLIAMS     BAINES

SHNEIDERLIN

KLASSEN           GUEYE

ROONEY

DCL

Id probably change klassen for davies and dcl for siggs during the second half,,,i think sandro is still carrying a knock which is why i went for dcl............and im also gonna call it 0-1 to us

August 21, 2017, 06:04:00 AM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Im gonna eat my words and say shneiderlin and gueye have to play rather than gueye and davies but all 3 can still play together but maybe later in the game so                                            PICKFORD

MARTINA    KEANE          WILLIAMS     BAINES

SHNEIDERLIN

KLASSEN           GUEYE

ROONEY

DCL

Id probably change klassen for davies and dcl for siggs during the second half,,,i think sandro is still carrying a knock which is why i went for dcl............and im also gonna call it 0-1 to us

I'd rather we lines up with a full team, unless you're expecting someone to get sent off?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 21, 2017, 06:21:51 AM
Reply #58

Ravardo

Its just how confident i am........................... ..PICKFORD

MARTINA  KEANE    WILLIAMS   BAINES

SHNEIDERLIN

DAVIES   GUEYE

KLASSEN

ROONEY

August 21, 2017, 06:41:43 AM
Reply #59

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Is it Monday night yet?

Hate these weekends having to wait.  :(

Now I have to work tomorrow as well, so no game for me.  :headbang: