November 19, 2017, 09:15:46 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 11483 times)

August 21, 2017, 03:36:34 PM
Reply #60

stirlingblue

Think we're going to need players with the energy to break forward after chasing the ball for so long, and a forward to hold up the ball. The fullbacks will be pinned by Walker/Danilo/Mandy so should be focused on defending.

I'd go:

Pickford

Holgate Keane Jags Baines

Gueye Schniederlin Davies

Mirallas   DCL   Rooney

Klassen off the bench when one of the midfield three tires and Lookman/Sandro as the front three tire.

August 21, 2017, 03:43:33 PM
Reply #61

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Think this will be very tight. One nil win either way.

August 21, 2017, 03:57:57 PM
Reply #62

Bluedylan

Changed my mind a bit and now I think we might lose fairly heavily, because our players are still learning to play together and a side like City is primed to exploit a disjointed team. I also think if that does happen some people will flip out a bit on here, declare the new players shit and have Koeman down as a fraud.

Hope I'm wrong about all of that. People should stay calm if we have a bad result at some point in the next few games.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 21, 2017, 04:04:49 PM
Reply #63

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Changed my mind a bit and now I think we might lose fairly heavily, because our players are still learning to play together and a side like City is primed to exploit a disjointed team. I also think if that does happen some people will flip out a bit on here, declare the new players shit and have Koeman down as a fraud.

Hope I'm wrong about all of that. People should stay calm if we have a bad result at some point in the next few games.

I disagree with you in thinking we're going to lose heavily.

But if we do, it's no biggie.

Gotta expect the next couple of weeks to be a big struggle and hope we come out of it in a respectable position to kick on from

August 21, 2017, 04:15:20 PM
Reply #64

TheTone

I have a feeling that this Pep bloke is a fraud and he'll be sacked off before the end of the season

August 21, 2017, 04:22:42 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

Reckon the two Manchester clubs will be neck and neck all season with the four behind them all ripe for the catching if we can get through these next four games without four defeats. Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea lost already, the shite dropped two points. I like that fact we look solid at the back however if we lose tonight it's not the end of the world, for those reasons.

August 21, 2017, 04:33:04 PM
Reply #66

Jamokachi

You on a come-down bruv?

August 21, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
Reply #67

mikey_blue

We could win this in the centre of the park tonight, That's where they're weakest, especially if they try playing Danilo there again.

August 21, 2017, 04:39:33 PM
Reply #68

Rodenplav64

I think if we go with a 3 then Koeman would deserve a bit of stick because we just don't suit the formation . Likewise if he plays Martina or Davies out of position when Holgate has looked the more comfortable of the 3 . City are also bedding in new players so although they admittedly have more quality they did struggle to break down Brighton and in the end it was 2 keeper howlers . Accepting a defeat as if it is a given is not on . Happy to scrape a draw but we have the players to disrupt their play and take all 3 points . People handing Koeman excuses before every game is as annoying as jumping on him after it .

August 21, 2017, 05:06:17 PM
Reply #69

Marky Mark and the funky

One thing Koeman has done so far is rotate his attack. Just for injuries or deliberate?

DCL has both scored and assisted in moments that it counted towards the winning goal, I think he was 'rested' on Thursday with having him as an out-ball in mind today.

Then has he actually settled on who starts out of Jagielka or Williams yet, is he planning to rotate them as well?

Martina also played a lot of football already, perhaps in a tougher match like this Holgate will be in, either replacing Cuco or as RCB with Davies RWB.

August 21, 2017, 05:10:54 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

I just hope we go with the same formation from Thursday. We looked comfortable with the shape and we have more quality down the spine than they do so this has to be an area to target.

August 21, 2017, 05:20:14 PM
Reply #71

Lincs Toffee

We could do with Sandro fit so he can come on in the second half along with Sigurdsson, draw all the fouls and let the Sigster (sorry @Bally) do his stuff !!
I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that. - Dixie Dean

August 21, 2017, 05:40:22 PM
Reply #72

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Wont be a heavy defeat, will be a tight game i recon.
I have to return some videotapes.

August 21, 2017, 05:52:32 PM
Reply #73

Ravardo

Heavy loss :headbang:  come on chaps can we keep all the depressing chat in the prediction thread :thumbsup:

August 21, 2017, 06:02:17 PM
Reply #74

stirlingblue

Do we think Sigurdsson will make the bench then?