November 21, 2017, 07:02:08 AM

Author Topic: Man City v Everton  (Read 11542 times)

August 22, 2017, 05:16:04 PM
Reply #870

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I don't disagree but to some extent our passing under Koeman is shite and it if wasn't for Ganas recovery of the ball I seriously think we would be fucked . We are easily pressed even by teams like Stoke because the pace of our game is poor ( hence the slow starts ) and that won't really be improved by the players we have bought . Doing well with a team set up for the counter who everyone thinks will fade by the seasons end in Southampton and getting Everton to the next level are worlds apart . Getting us to 7th is the minimum . Still next game on Thursday and City will after all rip better teams than us a new one .

I'm not quite at the end of the scale that you are, but we are pressed into traps very very easily.

Around the back four we seem to pass it in a straight line until it ends up at like Jags left foot, no option, hit it long.

Also anyone who thinks Keane is a ball playing centre back is off their heads. He looks good and he looks quite comfortable but his passing looks about the same as Williams or Jags to me tbh.

This is why Schneiderlin is so important, and why I don't want Rooney isolated up front. With those two we have at least two passers who can receive st different angles and keep the ball moving. Gueye has impressed me and I think he's a better passer than I have him credit for but Schneiderlin and Rooney are streets ahead of anyone in the side.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2017, 05:33:42 PM
Reply #871

van der Meyde

Also anyone who thinks Keane is a ball playing centre back is off their heads. He looks good and he looks quite comfortable but his passing looks about the same as Williams or Jags to me tbh.
His passing is really hit and miss, isn't it.

He's not a ball playing centre back in the composed, passing it on the deck and dictating play style that John Stones might be.

He looks to be pretty good at lofted passes though, which I think will help against teams that sit back against us.

August 22, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
Reply #872

Rodenplav64

You've got a point to be fair. We still seem incapable of manipulating the ball for long periods, which has to be a huge flaw in our game if we can't do it over a year into Koeman's reign.
I do worry Koeman has become so obsessed in getting players in who have a record of good stats (goals and assists) that he kind of just hopes they'll all click together, without identifying a clear system and way of playing and bringing players in to suit.

However we've played 5 and haven't lost yet so let's have this discussion this time next week and see where we're at.

Like i said it was a result that plenty won't get . I am more concerned on a personal and not club note that we are boring as fuck to watch at the minute . I don't ever like not giving Managers time ( as you know from my defence off he whose name is unspeakable in these parts ) but I do like moaning about them . Credit for the results and the footing he and Moshiri are putting the club on but at the minute its like having an ugly wife with one great tit and expecting the rest to catch up .

August 22, 2017, 06:00:31 PM
Reply #873

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

It's hard to judge the team in the 5 games we have played. I mean, 3 of those games have been against 10 man defences and 1 against a 10 man attack :). I think we need to hold fire with the beatstick just yet, and hopefully do a bit more business in the final week of the transfer window, and get through the next few tough games and then judge the team after the next few months and into the January window. Its a bit too early for panic stations...

August 22, 2017, 06:05:07 PM
Reply #874

Lxxx

Like i said it was a result that plenty won't get . I am more concerned on a personal and not club note that we are boring as fuck to watch at the minute . I don't ever like not giving Managers time ( as you know from my defence off he whose name is unspeakable in these parts ) but I do like moaning about them . Credit for the results and the footing he and Moshiri are putting the club on but at the minute its like having an ugly wife with one great tit and expecting the rest to catch up .

The first half against Hadjuk Split was one of the most enjoyable 45 minutes of football I've seen since the second half of the City game last season. It's not that we don't play good football it's that we don't do it often enough.

August 22, 2017, 06:12:51 PM
Reply #875

Bluedylan

I think Keane is a good ball-playing CB personally but City identified that, pressed him much more, and were quite happy for Jags and Williams to have the ball.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 22, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
Reply #876

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's a bit rich of people to complain about us changing to 4 from 5 at the back, when for the last several months people have been on his back for going with 5 instead of 4.

Hindsight is 20 20, but at the time I'll admit I thought it was the right move. We weren't doing enough to exploit the additional man, we were creating virtually no chances at the start of the second half. The gamble was that the additional man in midfield would help us create more and open up a 2 goal lead, rather than sitting back and hoping we would hold out.

Sadly it didn't pay off but I'd rather us make those types of more attacking gamble, rather than be a team that sits on a 1-0 lead for 60 minutes.

August 22, 2017, 09:08:16 PM
Reply #877

van der Meyde

I don't ever like not giving Managers time ( as you know from my defence off he whose name is unspeakable in these parts ) but I do like moaning about them .
Take a like and a cool for this.

August 23, 2017, 01:22:09 AM
Reply #878

bacon sarnie

Two positives for the future for me: Calvert Lewin is going to be a top player and Holgate has learned a lesson he won't forget. The negative (huge) is the result and attitude. I've forgiven games like that for 40 years cos we were what we were, but that wasn't what I expected from a team I hoped might challenge for the top places. Disappointed to say the least.

Yeah, felt the same way for about an hour til I got to the alehouse where everyone who watched it thought we did great and will be a tough team to beat from here on in. Was surprised as I thought we'd looked terrible in the second half and should never have conceded.
Goes to show difference between the pub neutral & the rabid fan sat watching the game with the dog.
Oh, and Besic is a nutcase & Aguero is a twat.

August 23, 2017, 01:51:48 AM
Reply #879

eyesalwaysblue

Thing is we aren't under the pressure we were with him who is unspeakable about, Koeman say's it's a 3 year project so he has 3 years and we may or not want to bother with him any further, it's up to him now to decide how to play the players he wanted in a system that works, or we and him can move on, maybe we can use someone as a stepping stone instead off us being used as one, what a refreshing change that would be.... 
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 23, 2017, 06:43:32 AM
Reply #880

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
What a load of bollocks to say that after two games and getting a point at City ,never mind the fact that Gylfi wasn't ready . Idiot .

Clearly you didn't watch the game, nobber. The gulf in class was obvious to anyone but an imbecile.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

August 24, 2017, 05:10:18 PM
Reply #881

blue1948

Clearly you didn't watch the game, nobber. The gulf in class was obvious to anyone but an imbecile.
You have a way with words ,for a  tosser ! Sadly ,for your information I did indeed watch the match but I don't suffer from the blinkered outlook that tossers do .Yes there was a difference in class on the night but we are still gelling and we are two fucking games into the season ,so the imbecilic comment seems to me a little wide of the mark .Please don't reply or you will get me banned as I rise to the bait of tossers like you

August 29, 2017, 07:10:04 PM
Reply #882

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
You have a way with words ,for a  tosser ! Sadly ,for your information I did indeed watch the match but I don't suffer from the blinkered outlook that tossers do .Yes there was a difference in class on the night but we are still gelling and we are two fucking games into the season ,so the imbecilic comment seems to me a little wide of the mark .Please don't reply or you will get me banned as I rise to the bait of tossers like you

So, post Chelsea...any further thoughts?

I'll keep asking after we get out classed by every other top 6 team until your slow brain catches up.

Right now, we are still the best of the rest unfortunately, miles away from where we should hope to be.

(Nobber)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:13:13 PM by NomadskiEFC »
Once A Blue NEVER a Red