November 21, 2017, 07:00:43 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea v Everton  (Read 10553 times)

August 26, 2017, 09:14:57 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

With Besic in the middle I think they'll be more afraid. Odds in for a straight red I reckon

Hey, if we start to get bummed, at least Mo will let 'em know they were in a competitive match.  Give somebody a little "love tap" memento.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 26, 2017, 09:29:33 PM
Reply #46

Buck76

No Hazard for them

Wasn't anywhere near ready watching the U23's, just a shame we've got so many injuries could be a busy deadline day for us after all.

August 26, 2017, 09:35:33 PM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hey, if we start to get bummed, at least Mo will let 'em know they were in a competitive match.  Give somebody a little "love tap" memento.

Failing that, he'll do a back heel to set up their 5th.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 26, 2017, 09:36:49 PM
Reply #48

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I do also like avoiding the 10am Redshite match, and if Huddersfield stays hot/interesting, I will watch them over the dreadful Stoke/Barcodes/West Ham fixtures that no doubt will keep getting broadcast.

But yeah, mostly losing guaranteed Everton access and the magical "purity" of the arrangement.  Feels like NBC has broken a sacred trust in establishing the EPL here.

I'll buy it next time we're not on tv. At least two weeks away.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 26, 2017, 09:43:49 PM
Reply #49

Evertonian in NC

I'll buy it next time we're not on tv. At least two weeks away.

Spurs is set for 10 on a Saturday, so that has a pretty good shot of not being televised.  Don't think NBC has picked their match just yet.  But if they are looking to "market" their pay product, this would be a good test case.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 26, 2017, 10:06:20 PM
Reply #50

Buck76

This is his moment to repay the faithful, if we ever needed a big 'disciplined' performance it's now!

August 26, 2017, 10:07:19 PM
Reply #51

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs is set for 10 on a Saturday, so that has a pretty good shot of not being televised.  Don't think NBC has picked their match just yet.  But if they are looking to "market" their pay product, this would be a good test case.

They said all clubs will have a minimum of 3 games available exclusively on NBC Gold this year, that's the only reason I paid for it. Not happy about it, but always felt they would end up making it like a pay to watch platform like the other professional sports in the US.

By the way, have you seen what Turner Sports is doing with the Champions League now that they got the rights from Fox? Absolutely criminal.

August 26, 2017, 10:14:53 PM
Reply #52

Evertonian in NC

They said all clubs will have a minimum of 3 games available exclusively on NBC Gold this year, that's the only reason I paid for it. Not happy about it, but always felt they would end up making it like a pay to watch platform like the other professional sports in the US.

By the way, have you seen what Turner Sports is doing with the Champions League now that they got the rights from Fox? Absolutely criminal.

Nope, just Googled that.  Fuck me, that is awful.  Still no pricing details.  Seems they've given up on growing/nurturing the fanbase here, and plan on just bleeding it dry instead.

Gonna cover Europa, too.  So will definitely fuck over us American Blues even further than the NBC deal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:15:56 PM by Evertonian in NC »

August 26, 2017, 11:24:32 PM
Reply #53

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I already pay $230 a month for Comcast. Greedy twats.
- Walt Disney

August 26, 2017, 11:25:57 PM
Reply #54

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

What's so bad about Turner deal?

August 27, 2017, 01:16:59 AM
Reply #55

ncstate4jpc

NSNO Subscriber

August 27, 2017, 01:53:36 AM
Reply #56

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I already pay $230 a month for Comcast. Greedy twats.

Is that just a TV sub?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 27, 2017, 01:54:43 AM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is that just a TV sub?

Package deal. Cable, internet and phone.
- Walt Disney

August 27, 2017, 01:55:23 AM
Reply #58

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Package deal. Cable, internet and phone.

That's insane.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 27, 2017, 01:58:21 AM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That's insane.

It's a monopoly, no competition. Works out about 180 of your pounds. Cell phone is expensive too. We pay $280 for 4 phones and 8gb data. Unlimited talk and text and that includes the phones too.
- Walt Disney