November 19, 2017, 09:50:55 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 18116 times)

August 31, 2017, 05:50:05 AM
Reply #45

WeimaranerBlues

Vermaelen was good 6/7 years ago , but is a crock sadly, 33 games in the last 3 seasons   ---move on I hope

August 31, 2017, 05:50:32 AM
Reply #46

American Evertonian

Strap yourselves in lads, its gonna be a hell of a bumpy ride

I have a bad feeling about our striker situation. Really feel we won't make the appropriate signing and will pretty much limit our progression in the table despite all of our other signings.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 31, 2017, 05:50:47 AM
Reply #47

bluenuck

Was he injured at Roma and Barca, or just out of favour?

Good player, so wouldn't be averse to it. I really think we need to go big in this position to move on from the Jags, Williams era but, if it isn't possible, then fair do Tommy V would be a good addition.

Injured at Roma Last season. then spent basically the whole time on the bench. Started 4 games.

August 31, 2017, 05:53:55 AM
Reply #48

Outworlder47

Work permit issues

I suppose it's possible, as he's only just become a full national and wouldn't seem to meet enough of the supplemental criteria (transfer fee, wages, etc) to meet the standard for a work permit. This is likely why there have been thoughts that he'd be loaned back for a year. From what I can tell, UK labour restrictions for Croatia expire on 1 July 2018, meaning that as full EU members there will not be any work permit requirements from that date.

August 31, 2017, 06:02:07 AM
Reply #49

Ravardo

I suppose it's possible, as he's only just become a full national and wouldn't seem to meet enough of the supplemental criteria (transfer fee, wages, etc) to meet the standard for a work permit. This is likely why there have been thoughts that he'd be loaned back for a year. From what I can tell, UK labour restrictions for Croatia expire on 1 July 2018, meaning that as full EU members there will not be any work permit requirements from that date.

The lads just landed for his medical :thumbsup:

August 31, 2017, 06:11:34 AM
Reply #50

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

August 31, 2017, 06:14:51 AM
Reply #51

everton1952

We must be stuck with the other forgotten man, McCarthy. I was not looking forward to the next international break after this coming one, and watch O'Neill picking McCarthy for Eire even though he will not have played since 2016/2017. I think he did play a few games last season? At least we have a reliable replacement for Gibson.

August 31, 2017, 06:39:59 AM
Reply #52

TheTone

August 31, 2017, 06:51:53 AM
Reply #53

ally2

I also like Vermaerlon and would be happy if we took a punt on him despite his injury woes.

August 31, 2017, 07:39:38 AM
Reply #54

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah sick of players spending more time injured than playing for us. Besic has only just come back, we don't need to replace him with another player who's always injured. Plus he's actually injured right now.

Great player in his day, but he might as well retire now.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 31, 2017, 07:48:39 AM
Reply #55

American Evertonian

Honestly with the fees floating around I can't help but start to think that we got robbed with Sigurdsson. Feel that 40-45m could have purchased more than we got with him.

Starting to get nervous
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 31, 2017, 08:13:44 AM
Reply #56

Evertonian in NC

Honestly with the fees floating around I can't help but start to think that we got robbed with Sigurdsson. Feel that 40-45m could have purchased more than we got with him.

Starting to get nervous

Hell, I am just glad we have Sigurdsson.  Starting to look like we won't get anyone else.  Squad is thin enough with Sigurdsson.  Depressing enough we might have to keep McCarthy.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 31, 2017, 08:17:16 AM
Reply #57

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah Sig is a good signing and at 40 mill I think is about right. Proven premier player with good stats etc. once he's fit he'll be excellent for us.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

August 31, 2017, 08:24:21 AM
Reply #58

kewns23

Awww not too worry boys I can see dcl top goal scorer lol

He's good in that position just needs to get goals
Ever in need of a Printer speak too me or check out our ebay shop
Blakes-Emporium
<a href = "http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blakes-Emporium?_trksid=p2047675.l2563">

August 31, 2017, 10:59:29 AM
Reply #59

Faceatthefence

Riyad Mahrez released from Algerian squad to hold talks with new club (un named) i wonder?
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.