November 24, 2017, 11:04:16 PM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 18451 times)

August 31, 2017, 11:01:37 AM
Reply #60

Jamokachi

Riyad Mahrez released from Algerian squad to hold talks with new club (un named) i wonder?

It'll be Roma

August 31, 2017, 12:36:32 PM
Reply #61

Marky Mark and the funky

In true @Defeatist style I got up today, on the BBC Sport page before even making breakfast. Saw nothing and sacked it off.

Then I come on here to find the only reasonably solid link is Vermaelen, on loan and as an option I think I'd be happy. If he can' t stay fit we don't lose out on much.

p.s. has the 'like' button been disabled on the Everton forum in anticipation of it being pure chaos today :angel:

August 31, 2017, 12:48:14 PM
Reply #62

GrantyBoy78

Some strong links to Batshuayi in French press last night.

August 31, 2017, 12:51:01 PM
Reply #63

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Feeling very nervous but also confident Everton wont fuck this up. We WILL get a striker in....
I have to return some videotapes.

August 31, 2017, 12:59:55 PM
Reply #64

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Pity we haven't locked the "False dawn" thread untill 2300hrs.will get ridiculous later.

August 31, 2017, 01:28:50 PM
Reply #65

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The problem with injury prone players as back up squad options is that you (obviously) can't predict when they'll be injured; and therefore there's no guarantee that they'll actually be available when you need them to provide cover.

While it's more frustrating if a first team player is injury prone they are usually put straight back in the team so you get a decent number of games out of them.

August 31, 2017, 01:30:17 PM
Reply #66

TSGun

This is going to be a ridiculous last day.

It's hard to have any idea of what will transpire.

Equally nervous as excited.

August 31, 2017, 01:37:15 PM
Reply #67

ally2

I never understand how people do last minute medicals. We should know what's happening early in the day surely.

August 31, 2017, 01:39:28 PM
Reply #68

MmmBlueRamirez

Honestly with the fees floating around I can't help but start to think that we got robbed with Sigurdsson. Feel that 40-45m could have purchased more than we got with him.

Starting to get nervous

I feel the opposite. It kinda looks a bargain when 'the Ox' goes for 40m. Statistically it's a no contest.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

August 31, 2017, 01:54:32 PM
Reply #69

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

August 31, 2017, 01:56:15 PM
Reply #70

Ravardo

I never understand how people do last minute medicals. We should know what's happening early in the day surely.

Most last day signings are subject to a medical so they get done after theyve signed

August 31, 2017, 01:59:25 PM
Reply #71

Toffee1

Ben Ransom is the Sky reporter at USM Finch Farm today and just checked his twitter feed and all he has on there is about the Mayweather and MCGregor fight - hopefully, he will post more Everton related stuff soon.

August 31, 2017, 02:12:16 PM
Reply #72

toshyboy

I'm liking the quietness to be honest. Think we're working on something on the sly fellaini style. I'd be more worried if the there were strong links with shite like okaka etc

Trust this board, there's no way they'll mess koeman around

August 31, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
Reply #73

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm liking the quietness to be honest. Think we're working on something on the sly fellaini style. I'd be more worried if the there were strong links with shite like okaka etc

Trust this board, there's no way they'll mess koeman around

I doubt they'd have lied to him but it's another thing actually getting deals done.

August 31, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
Reply #74

Heisenberg

Having horrible flashbacks. Was on a long flight last deadline window. Got off the plane to check in here and it was fume o clock and we'd just loaned Valencia off West Ham