November 25, 2017, 06:19:21 AM

Author Topic: Deadline day thread Summer '17  (Read 18477 times)

September 01, 2017, 07:03:02 PM
Reply #1170

everton1952

A truly awful end to the transfer window. Stuck with Niasse, Mirallas, neither of who are likely to play again in the 1st team, Barkley more or less finished with us and going for little or nothing, and the permanently injured McCarthy. Seamus and Bolassie maybe back by Christmas. Last but not least no striker except a cheapo from Malaga who may or may not make the grade. Roll on January. Tighten your seatbelts between now and then and back the Blues!

September 01, 2017, 07:07:30 PM
Reply #1171

Redartin

Bored at work so I've done the below (don't take too much notice of the order), if you look at it like that we have quite a lot of depth and quality apart from the obvious area. The only other left back I can see on the books is Matt Foulds, he might be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of some game time, haven't a clue how good he is though.

I think we will all accept the fuck up over the next few days, (we have no other choice), but if Baines gets injured, or a straight red, against Spurs you can see the whole thing flare up again.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 01, 2017, 07:10:53 PM
Reply #1172

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
So did Sanchez stay in the end?
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

September 01, 2017, 07:11:10 PM
Reply #1173

Marky Mark and the funky

It's all a bit meh to me now, I've given this window enough energy. What's done, is done.

Just can't wait for the real football to be back, roll on to the 9th and a chance to show spuds what we think of them!

@NomadskiEFC Yes!

September 01, 2017, 07:12:47 PM
Reply #1174

TheTone

least we got the international break to look forward to now  :headbang:

September 01, 2017, 07:14:28 PM
Reply #1175

Hawkandro

I agree with Robioto. We do have numbers to play up front and behind the striker, but we may lack the quality and impact that Lukaku brought to games.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:15:44 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 01, 2017, 07:29:10 PM
Reply #1176

BlueBeagle

On another note, the doing-away with the normal (fucking dreadful) general transfer window thread was extremely successful IMO

September 01, 2017, 08:13:05 PM
Reply #1177

Lxxx

Spurs game can't come quickly enough.

September 01, 2017, 08:18:11 PM
Reply #1178

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Bored at work so I've done the below (don't take too much notice of the order), if you look at it like that we have quite a lot of depth and quality apart from the obvious area. The only other left back I can see on the books is Matt Foulds, he might be rubbing his hands together at the prospect of some game time, haven't a clue how good he is though.

Nice effort. Shows we've actually got decent cover in most areas, just a bit weak up front (youth and bedding in could both solve that just about) and dangerously lacking at LB. Although, Martina can play there (I'm not saying he should, just that he technically could).

September 01, 2017, 08:18:38 PM
Reply #1179

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

You know I was just thinking that. Its going to be like a derby isnt it. We will be right up for that, a way to show how far we have come against a now similar weighted opponent. Sigurdsson especially. Hopefully everyone is fit, as this now is a bit spicier :D

September 01, 2017, 08:19:46 PM
Reply #1180

Aye a bit short at LB.

Rightly or wrongly, if I was in charge, I'd be playing Kenny at left back every fookin single youth game from now on.

September 01, 2017, 08:23:09 PM
Reply #1181

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Aye a bit short at LB.

Rightly or wrongly, if I was in charge, I'd be playing Kenny at left back every fookin single youth game from now on.

He's a right back though?

Unless that's what you meant?

September 01, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Reply #1182

That's exactly what I meant. Rather than play Martina out of position without much game-time, I would start preparing Kenny now to play on his wrong foot - which is done quite often with the better full backs. Just in case Baines gets crocked.

September 01, 2017, 08:32:16 PM
Reply #1183

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs game can't come quickly enough.

If we lose that though (let's face it, not unlikely) it's going to be in serious meltdown territory on here.

September 01, 2017, 08:33:50 PM
Reply #1184

Lxxx

Or I'd sit down with Luke Garbutt, a natural left back and one who showed promise not so long ago, and tell him there is a potential chance to make a career here now so knuckle down and you'll get some game time in the cups first and see how we go.