September 23, 2018, 05:34:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Vlasic deal set to be announced  (Read 14252 times)

September 05, 2017, 07:43:40 PM
Read 14252 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Holgate can't cross and Martina looks like a total disaster waiting to happen in defence so not sure for me. Probably Martina because we need help scoring goals at the minute.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 17, 2017, 02:52:45 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i really like the look of him, he doesn't have loads of pace but he's a good runner, a good dribbler and has a terrific attitude.

The play him in the middle stuff is quite funny because I mean yeah he was originally a central player when we bought him but fuck me please don't take our only wide player away Ron.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 08, 2017, 03:14:43 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I really really like the look of him.

Were not blessed with powerful runners or dribblers, so its nice to have Vlasic and Lookman coming through, hopefully see them more through the season.

Good little Barkley replacement on the sly.

December 08, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think I must be a bit odd, in that I don't rate him as much as the rest of the forum seemingly. I always think he seems to be quite busy, his first touch is decent and he can dribble ok but I think his passing under pressure is really poor. He gives the ball away so much in the final third and his crosses are mostly off the mark. It's just sloppy.
He's a young player with loads of time to improve, but I don't get the clamour for him to start games right now.

I much prefer lookman. He also makes a lot of mistakes, but his pace and trickery make him more exciting to me.

To be absolutely fair he could end up as another James McClean, and I think Lookman is the more naturally exciting, but hes got some great signs. Keeper not the best last night but hes got a nice one on one finish in his locker apparently which is invaluable.

December 31, 2017, 08:35:35 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He travelled
And lookman and Beni Baningime

So they are obviously part of the squad

He deserves a chance but must not be showing Allardyce what he wants

Maybe he cant kick it past the half way line without it touching the floor

January 03, 2018, 12:27:04 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I think this lad needs unleashing.

Play him RW and play through Kenny/Holgate more. Instruct rooney and Sig to spread it right instead of left.

A lot of the ball still seems to go through cuco for some reason.

January 03, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's been happening all season, every time he plays, and I doubt it's a conscious decision on our part.

If you were an opposing manager, where would you want Everton to play the ball during build-ups?

Begs the question : If you were an Everton manager who was being manipulated into playing into the same passing/pressing trap in every game, what would you do?

Because at the moment all three of them have just chosen to ignore it.

Could argue it prompted rooney dropping deep to help us control the ball a bit more maybe.

January 03, 2018, 02:23:48 AM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman likes Cuco for some reason none of us will ever understand. He created this problem. (On a three year contract, no less. *shakes fist*)

Unsworth didn't play Cuco in a meaningful match until injuries forced him to.

Allardyce has never really had a choice.

We could minimise the amount we rely on him for on the ball contribution though which nobody seems to try.

Defensively hes not even THAT bad. 1v1 tackles serviceable. Just find a way to play though it. Find a shape on the ball that doesnt mean simply pass it to cuco because hes not marked.

January 07, 2018, 12:09:15 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I dont understand this signing, where he plays or what purpose he serves.

Should have signed Scott Brown