October 18, 2018, 07:25:26 AM

Author Topic: [News]Vlasic deal set to be announced  (Read 14683 times)

December 31, 2017, 08:35:35 AM
Reply #150

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He travelled
And lookman and Beni Baningime

So they are obviously part of the squad

He deserves a chance but must not be showing Allardyce what he wants

Maybe he can’t kick it past the half way line without it touching the floor
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 11:16:27 PM
Reply #151

Trowel

Great news for the lad, thought he did well yesterday and sounds like we'll be seeing much more of him

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/01/02/tricky-vlasic-impresses-allardyce

Sam Allardyce identified the performance of Nikola Vlasic as a “positive” to draw from Everton's 2-0 New Year's Day defeat by Manchester United.

Manager Allardyce made seven changes to his team for the visit of 20-times English champions United, with the game concluding a run of nine Premier League matches in 34 days for the Blues.

Croat attacker Vlasic was handed his first top-flight start since the Goodison Park meeting with Arsenal back in October and responded by delivering a combative and purposeful display.

And although Allardyce was naturally frustrated to see his team go down to a second successive loss following Saturday's last-gasp defeat at Bournemouth, he spied reason for optimism in 20-year-old Vlasic’s industry and adventure.

“Nikola Vlasic was a positive,” Allardyce told evertontv. “If we can get him in the top third of the pitch with the ball at his feet, he can create a lot of tricks and movement and some good opportunities.

“But we have to get him up there, where he likes to be, and get him possession as often we can. I was pleased with him.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 02, 2018, 11:19:10 PM
Reply #152

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Great news for the lad, thought he did well yesterday and sounds like we'll be seeing much more of him

Sam Allardyce identified the performance of Nikola Vlasic as a "positive” to draw from Everton's 2-0 New Year's Day defeat by Manchester United.

Manager Allardyce made seven changes to his team for the visit of 20-times English champions United, with the game concluding a run of nine Premier League matches in 34 days for the Blues.

Croat attacker Vlasic was handed his first top-flight start since the Goodison Park meeting with Arsenal back in October and responded by delivering a combative and purposeful display.

And although Allardyce was naturally frustrated to see his team go down to a second successive loss following Saturday's last-gasp defeat at Bournemouth, he spied reason for optimism in 20-year-old Vlasic's industry and adventure.

"Nikola Vlasic was a positive,” Allardyce told evertontv. "If we can get him in the top third of the pitch with the ball at his feet, he can create a lot of tricks and movement and some good opportunities.

"But we have to get him up there, where he likes to be, and get him possession as often we can. I was pleased with him.
He spent the second half of the first half and the second half as a right back
Simply simply lovely

January 02, 2018, 11:19:40 PM
Reply #153

mikey_blue

Sam Allardyce identified the performance of Nikola Vlasic as a “positive” to draw from Everton's 2-0 New Year's Day defeat by Manchester United.

And although Allardyce was naturally frustrated to see his team go down to a second successive loss following Saturday's last-gasp defeat at Bournemouth, he spied reason for optimism in 20-year-old Vlasic’s industry and adventure.

“Nikola Vlasic was a positive,” Allardyce told evertontv. “If we can get him in the top third of the pitch with the ball at his feet, he can create a lot of tricks and movement and some good opportunities.

“But we have to get him up there, where he likes to be, and get him possession as often we can. I was pleased with him.

About time lol. This lad is mustard.

January 02, 2018, 11:27:05 PM
Reply #154

Faceatthefence

Seen him play much better than yesterday,to get the minutes in he did was a  plus.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 02, 2018, 11:32:04 PM
Reply #155

kramer0

He always looks like a real pain to dispossess and he seems to have a good awareness of his teammates in the final third. He needs work without the ball but that's normal for a young winger.

There's a lot of nice attributes to build on if we're willing to be patient with him and give him game time to improve. *crosses fingers*

January 02, 2018, 11:33:50 PM
Reply #156

Bluedylan

Great upper body strength and ball protection
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

January 02, 2018, 11:42:30 PM
Reply #157

BlueForYou

Very good selection, very good player, very good news

After Pickford, next name on the team sheet
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 03, 2018, 12:01:58 AM
Reply #158

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Great upper body strength and ball protection

That's what really stands out for me.

That's usually something a players learns. It's not something you have in your game when you're 20.

Time to unleash this lad now.

January 03, 2018, 12:16:23 AM
Reply #159

gizzblue

Can actually hold the ball up .....imagine that we havnt seen the likes since Lukaku. ...oh wait 😅

January 03, 2018, 12:27:04 AM
Reply #160

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes I think this lad needs unleashing.

Play him RW and play through Kenny/Holgate more. Instruct rooney and Sig to spread it right instead of left.

A lot of the ball still seems to go through cuco for some reason.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 03, 2018, 12:34:37 AM
Reply #161

kramer0

That's been happening all season, every time he plays, and I doubt it's a conscious decision on our part.

If you were an opposing manager, where would you want Everton to play the ball during build-ups?

January 03, 2018, 12:38:23 AM
Reply #162

van der Meyde

Yes I think this lad needs unleashing.

Play him RW and play through Kenny/Holgate more. Instruct rooney and Sig to spread it right instead of left.

Because the opposition are leaving him free and covering everyone else.

January 03, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
Reply #163

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That's been happening all season, every time he plays, and I doubt it's a conscious decision on our part.

If you were an opposing manager, where would you want Everton to play the ball during build-ups?

Begs the question : If you were an Everton manager who was being manipulated into playing into the same passing/pressing trap in every game, what would you do?

Because at the moment all three of them have just chosen to ignore it.

Could argue it prompted rooney dropping deep to help us control the ball a bit more maybe.

January 03, 2018, 12:47:19 AM
Reply #164

kramer0

Begs the question : If you were an Everton manager who was being manipulated into playing into the same passing/pressing trap in every game, what would you do?

Because at the moment all three of them have just chosen to ignore it.

Could argue it prompted rooney dropping deep to help us control the ball a bit more maybe.

Koeman likes Cuco for some reason none of us will ever understand. He created this problem. (On a three year contract, no less. *shakes fist*)

Unsworth didn't play Cuco in a meaningful match until injuries forced him to.

Allardyce has never really had a choice.