November 24, 2017, 07:10:26 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 11795 times)

September 04, 2017, 10:54:25 PM
Reply #15

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Can't change the date on this bastard phone either

Simply simply lovely

September 04, 2017, 11:00:43 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

What a bunch of negative nellies you lot are

September 04, 2017, 11:05:41 PM
Reply #17

gizzblue

What a bunch of negative nellies you lot are
Not really, come Saturday we will all be screaming for the lads I'm sure kicking every ball with them.....but we know Koeman could put us on the back foot that is a five at the back again, even before kick off ... 😣that's the dread.

September 04, 2017, 11:06:59 PM
Reply #18

bluenuck

These couple weeks are just a "doom-mongers" dream, aren't they?

We get run over here this site will implode.

September 05, 2017, 12:26:35 AM
Reply #19

SANA_DR0

team i want us to play

Pickford
             Jagielka      Keane 
Kenny                                 Baines
           Gana Gueye Schneiderlin
                        Siggy
        Lookman            Rooney
                         DCL

the team Koeman will play

Pickford
     Jagielka Williams Keane
Holgate                          Baines
         Gana Gueye Schneiderlin
           Davies          Siggy
                     Rooney

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 05, 2017, 12:30:42 AM
Reply #20

SANA_DR0

These couple weeks are just a "doom-mongers" dream, aren't they?

We get run over here this site will implode.

For me personally, I dont care about the result, its about the performance, or the gelling of the team, and the tactics.
If we continued in the same defensive way as we started V Man City, id have no issues, but in reality that match was an exception to all the other matches we have had this season. That match we played as a team, to our strengths and we looked fluid, against every other team (including 4 matches v not very good European opposition) we couldnt even keep the ball, or keep hold of possession.. we looked abysmal going forwards, for far too many games we have looked like we have no idea how to attack...
regardless of the opposition, im more concerned how we are playing. Im not a doom monger, im a realist. trololo
apart from 1 match v man city and one half of football v Ruzonbrek, we have seriously struggled on a lot of aspects.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 05, 2017, 12:31:15 AM
Reply #21

Juanito

Pickford
Martina Jags Keane  Baines
      Gana    Schiederlin
           Klaassen
Sandro    DCL   Sigurdsson

September 05, 2017, 12:39:42 AM
Reply #22

Ross

Be interesting to see what team he picks bearing in mind the games on Thursday and the following Sunday.

Spurs are obviously a good team but this is the most winnable out of the three so hopefully we go into it with a positive outlook, home advantage should mean something and I don't hope it's not another containment first job.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 05, 2017, 12:56:32 AM
Reply #23

sam of the south

Be interesting to see what team he picks bearing in mind the games on Thursday and the following Sunday.

Spurs are obviously a good team but this is the most winnable out of the three so hopefully we go into it with a positive outlook, home advantage should mean something and I don't hope it's not another containment first job.

Yes, agree on all points.

If he sets up five at the back at home then he's gone beyond Moyes into the grim *"Hwheel give et a gud gooooo" territory.

*Glaswegian phonics
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 05, 2017, 12:58:10 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't change the date on this bastard phone either

I've changed it. Far easier to just put Everton v Spurs rather than arseing around with dates. :)

September 05, 2017, 01:00:15 AM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We played 5 at the back in his first game vs Spurs and we started on the front foot.

Think it's more of an attitude rather than formation thing.

September 05, 2017, 01:47:46 AM
Reply #26

gizzblue

We played 5 at the back in his first game vs Spurs and we started on the front foot.

We don't have the players for it though .....Williams and Jags look lost in a five ....imho...may Be be better playing  Holgate in place of Williams ...on the right in behind the wing back Martina

September 05, 2017, 01:51:30 AM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Personnel as well. The three at the back is supposed to allow us some width when we're in possession but all it does is force us back as we don't have athletic wing backs suited to best utilise the formation.

September 05, 2017, 03:04:17 AM
Reply #28

Thornton_19

We will win this. It will be a shit game.

September 05, 2017, 04:38:41 AM
Reply #29

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We will give it a good go at home. Think we will win