September 24, 2019, 01:16:33 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 26888 times)

September 06, 2017, 11:13:46 PM
Read 26888 times

Bluedylan

A key difference being that their fullbacks/wingbacks have pace and engines to get up and down all day.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 06, 2017, 11:51:22 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

Exactly.

That is where their dynamism comes from, to compliment the quick passing and excellent movement of the rest of their side.

We currently have no notable pace from our wingbacks, nor quick passing or movement from the rest of our players.

Also, all their centre halves can pass the ball and they play a high line and compress the play very effectively, making their pressing much easier and over shorter distances.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

September 08, 2017, 09:47:04 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

''Isn't it about time you fucking grew up and started behaving like a vaguely responsible human being?''
''Chill out Bainesy, lad''
''I am fucking chilled''

September 09, 2017, 11:15:15 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Glad I'm on nights and slept through that.

September 10, 2017, 03:51:23 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

On notice?

He did as expected last year and this year is very early on, with a whole new attack and difficult fixtures.

Even with that we got through to the groups of the EL, even if as expected, so I don't think any sort of wild judgements are reasonable at all.

And we have improved from what we were like before he came in.

Again, as expected, but it shouldn't be made out that he's not done what was initially asked of him.

The debate is whether we can move beyond 7th but the club won't be making that decision now.

I respect your opinion and the sense of perspective and context you provide.

Purely as a hypothetical, if you were offered the chance to replace Koeman with say Tuchel (as a random example, not saying it would happen) tomorrow with minimal fuss, would you take it?