September 23, 2019, 04:37:36 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Spurs  (Read 26874 times)

September 09, 2017, 10:42:01 PM
Reply #15

KoemansNumberTens

OMG, Sigurdsson... forgot he was playing.

Most uninspiring record signing possibly ever. 45m for a player everyone knew wasn't quite good enough or quite what we needed

September 09, 2017, 10:54:33 PM
Reply #16

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdsson at least trying these last few minutes.

45m at least trying these last few minutes?? The bargain of the window

September 09, 2017, 11:09:13 PM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

the whole team were woeful, i just feel rooney was best out of a bad bunch, davies quite positive when he came on

Best of a bad bunch is not how people describe a rolls Royce.

Rooney has been okay. The best of a bad bunch. He wasn't a signing for a progrsssive club

September 09, 2017, 11:11:05 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

1 shot on target. Did we have any against chelsea?

Not sure but I think it's 7 in 4 games now. The magic of all our new number 10s combining.

September 10, 2017, 03:59:30 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

On notice?

He did as expected last year and this year is very early on, with a whole new attack and difficult fixtures.

Even with that we got through to the groups of the EL, even if as expected, so I don't think any sort of wild judgements are reasonable at all.

And we have improved from what we were like before he came in.

Again, as expected, but it shouldn't be made out that he's not done what was initially asked of him.

The debate is whether we can move beyond 7th but the club won't be making that decision now.

The problem is that people think we've built the wrong team. It's not about hard fixtures or time. It's about pace, width, balance and a striker

Now we might be wrong and we might be about to reinvent football with 4 10s and no striker but my issue isn't about the performances so far. My issue is I really don't see how it will not continue. We've been poor almost every half. Time won't fix our problems. We need another transfer window. We need another 4 players minimum (for our first 11) and mainly that's more in terms of balance than quality