November 18, 2017, 10:44:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 12453 times)

September 21, 2017, 05:16:16 PM
Reply #105

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're desperate. It's the only reason he's anywhere near the first team. I'm happy he scored and happy he has a decent attitude, but he isn't the answer to any of our questions.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 05:21:42 PM
Reply #106

BlueBeagle

Everybody loves a hero look at the Straq and how he was revered

It's no coincidence that he was shit too.

As Ally said, the "He's shite but he tries hard and smiles so we love him" mentality is frankly a losers mentality.

September 21, 2017, 05:29:28 PM
Reply #107

Macca77

No. Not really.

Oh I can, he goes on a rich vain of form, scoring from all over the place, we all fall in love with him, he scores the winner at the kop end, our love for him goes stronger, its a love like no other, we sing his name, we adore him, his goals help us climb the table and get through  to the knockout stages of the Europa League, we get an easy draw in the round of 32 and march through to the round of 16, we're drawn against the mighty AC Milan, home leg first, Niasse is injured so doesnt play and we lose 2-0. Two weeks later we go to the San Siro with a mountain to climb, Niasse is fit and starts the game, we dominate from the off and Niasse grabs 2 goals before half time, Milan pull one back early in the second half, we bombard their goal, frantically looking for that goal that will see us through, we need a hero, we need a miracle, into the last minute of injury time and Niasse gets the ball in our half and just runs with it, going past the Milan players like they weren't there, he keeps running and unleashes a powerful shot from 35 yards out that rockets into the top corner! Its 3-1, the 6000 travelling Evertonians go beserk. Milan kick off and the ref blows his whistle, we've done it, we go through on away goals, an astonishing result for Everton. We end up getting knocked out by the eventual winners Atletico Madrid in the semi final

We win the FA cup by beating the redshite 3-0, Niasse scores two, finish 6th in the league. Niasse is our top scorer on 26 goals and gets named players on the season.

During the summer he is offered a new contract, promptly turns it down stating his desire to leave, Real Madrid bid 80 million for him and he agrees to join, scores 50 goals in his first full season for Los Blancos and wins the Ballon d'or

Everton get relegated

September 21, 2017, 05:34:01 PM
Reply #108

eyesalwaysblue

Not who we thought would be playing this far into the  "project" but hardly his fault, more the project manager/s.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 21, 2017, 05:45:49 PM
Reply #109

Gary1878

From what i have seen of Niasse, he looks like a decent finisher. The problem we have is that his all round play won't be good enough to play a lone role.

This is where i think we could play him against the lesser sides with DCL playing as a hold up man. They could link together quite well and both have a lot of pace. It would give us something different to what we have now and a different way of playing.

I am still yet to see anything in Sandro that makes me feel like he will have a long term future with us. I am very happy to give him time but we need to start seeing something a little more than effort for him to maintain any sort of starting role.

September 21, 2017, 05:52:45 PM
Reply #110

Macca77

You don't won player of the season in Russia if you're shite

September 21, 2017, 06:05:08 PM
Reply #111

Waltzer

You don't won player of the season in Russia if you're shite

Exactly, which is why hes never won it......

September 21, 2017, 06:08:15 PM
Reply #112

Macca77

Exactly, which is why hes never won it......

In his first season in the Russian Premier League, he got four goals and two assists. During his second 2015/16 season he scored 12 goals and 10 assists and was named the Russian Premier League player of the year for 2015.

September 21, 2017, 06:10:18 PM
Reply #113

Waltzer

In his first season in the Russian Premier League, he got four goals and two assists. During his second 2015/16 season he scored 12 goals and 10 assists and was named the Russian Premier League player of the year for 2015.

You mean the year Hulk won it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footballer_of_the_Year_in_Russia_(Futbol)

September 21, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
Reply #114

Macca77

Lets take a second to read about what Niasse thinks of Niasse

"Niasse is strong, Niasse is tall. If nothing's going right, give Niasse the ball and he won't let you down. What other forwards can do, Niasse can do better. Other forwards in Russia have to work hard to become as good as me"

September 21, 2017, 06:13:44 PM
Reply #116

74Blue

Whilst laughing all the way to the bank with wages nobody else in the world would pay him let's remember.

Let's not paint him out to be a martyr, he's been very well compensated during his time here and also had a decent amount of football whilst out on loan last year.
It's not painting him as some sort of martyr at all. The point I was making was simply that he had been completely written off as deadwood before he'd even been given a proper run of games to see what he could offer and it would have been very easy for him to bitch and moan like a hell of a lot of professional footballers would have. You have to give him some credit for just getting on with it and carrying on plugging away without complaint. That doesn't make him a martyr. Hopefully, he can be of some use to us.

September 21, 2017, 06:14:28 PM
Reply #117

Ross

Niasse doing well really gets some people's backs up it seems.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 21, 2017, 06:15:01 PM
Reply #118

Macca77

Niasse is strong
Niasse is tall
If nothing's going right
Give Niasse the ball

September 21, 2017, 06:17:46 PM
Reply #119

The Analog Kid

We're desperate. It's the only reason he's anywhere near the first team. I'm happy he scored and happy he has a decent attitude, but he isn't the answer to any of our questions.

We weren't desperate when it came to the first game against Stoke, he could have been given a go as a sub then, freshen things up, even against City we faired pretty well. It was only once the transfer window clised we actually thought, fuck, what now?