November 14, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 24430 times)

September 08, 2017, 07:57:40 AM
Read 24430 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Be boss if anyone in blue scored the winner at anfield tbf
I'd even take a red scoring the winner at Anfield. If it was an own goal.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 08, 2017, 04:57:41 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The 13 million he cost doesn't sound very much now.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 08, 2017, 05:22:26 PM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't be atall surprised if he finishes the season our top scorer and we are all saying how mad it is that we nearly let him go.........

He did pretty well for Hull, a far inferior team. All it will take is an injury to DCL or a banging hangover for Rooney and he could be back in !

That's football!!
He scored 4 goals for Hull.

September 08, 2017, 06:44:51 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
In the same period of time that Giroud only scored 5 goals for free scoring Arsenal.

Yep. You got me there. Thank god we didn't get that shit international, proven premiership striker now who ended up scoring 3 times as many goals in just ten appearances more.

Who needs him when we have the free scoring bumbling Niasse.

September 08, 2017, 06:51:22 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Who knows what the "bumbling Niasse" would have scored in a free scoring team given the same amount of games?

If he was any good, no doubt a free scoring top club would be busting a gut to sign him.

September 08, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They did, he just picked up an injury when he signed for them which hampered his start.

Didn't know he had an injury at the start of his Lokomotiv Moscow career.

September 21, 2017, 05:16:16 PM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We're desperate. It's the only reason he's anywhere near the first team. I'm happy he scored and happy he has a decent attitude, but he isn't the answer to any of our questions.

September 21, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

September 21, 2017, 06:27:24 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sky Sports is a lying twat then

No surprise there. I thought he won it too because most of the media said he had, it was only when it was mentioned he hadn't, I decided to look into it a little bit more.

September 21, 2017, 06:34:15 PM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He may not be the greatest all round striker in terms of build-up play, but he does appear to to able to finish.

Remiiiind you of anyone ? ;)

Well, if we can get 75 million raising to 90 million for him, I'd be exceptionally happy. :)

September 21, 2017, 07:45:42 PM
Reply #10

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think anyone's searching for anything with Niasse, if there's a current unwarranted cult hero it's probably Sandro judging by the reaction to his signing in the summer.

It's just most people want to see Everton players doing well because that'll most likely mean Everton are doing well. Quiet why that is obviously annoying some is a mystery.

Surely everyone's a winner here if Niasse comes good and contributes this season to us winning games, even Koeman?

True, however the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent will apply here. I think he can have a role to play for us, but it will be a Valencia type role at best. He isn't the answer, as he wasn't for Hull last season. He can score, no doubt about that, but don't make him out to be anything he isn't.

The thing that impresses me most about him is his ability to keep going, to work hard and have a great attitude. That can sometimes equate to greater value than talent, but not in the long run.

September 21, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What are you looking for him to be the answer to?

You're admitting he's got goals in him what more do you want him to do Blargs?

Not seen anyway saying he's some kind of superstar, but it's clear this team is lacking goals, and pace up front, and this fella has both so it's hardly the most difficult puzzle to solve at the moment is it.

The question was obviously that we needed a proper striker and out of desperation, we have a potential short term answer for another option as a last resort.

He can score is what I said. I didn't say he had goals in him. Given a consistent run over the whole season, I wouldn't expect him to get more than 7 or 8 for us, which admittedly is still more than the 4 he got for Hull in 17 games last season.

Don't forget he only scored against a very poor Sunderland team as fresh legs and after the result was put to bed.

The team we did put out seemed to have quite a bit of pace from what I saw on the 20 minute highlights. It was a very young side, but the future bodes well for pace, and it will be the job of Koeman to try and blend the pace we do have with the more seasoned, but slower pros.

September 24, 2017, 01:21:20 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Only four goals behind Rom now...