November 19, 2017, 10:02:55 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 12533 times)

September 21, 2017, 11:32:48 AM
Reply #90

Bwana

Can you imagine if he bangs 10-15 goals in this season
No. Not really.
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

deCoubertin

September 21, 2017, 01:06:58 PM
Reply #91

MmmBlueRamirez

It's nice that he got his chance and he took it but let's see how he gets on against decent opposition.

You just have to look at the relative performances and output of DCL in the premier league vs last nights game against a shite Sunderland side. It's all about the context.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 21, 2017, 01:12:39 PM
Reply #92

Lxxx

Weird the fixation some people have with Niasse. He scored a goal and well done to him, but he's still not good enough. It won't be the beginning of some Lazarus style comeback. He's still not very good.

I guess we might be about to find out.

September 21, 2017, 01:18:54 PM
Reply #93

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He did score against decent opposition last season.

September 21, 2017, 02:04:24 PM
Reply #94

Trowel

"Look at his face, just look at his face!"
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 21, 2017, 02:14:14 PM
Reply #95

74Blue

Weird the fixation some people have with Niasse. He scored a goal and well done to him, but he's still not good enough. It won't be the beginning of some Lazarus style comeback. He's still not very good.
You can't question his attitude though. It would have been very easy for him to bitch and moan about the way he's been treated by both Martinez and then Koeman, but instead He's just kept plugging away and trying.
For me, he's a bit like a Paolo Wanchope type. Big, gangly and unpredictable. If he barely knows what He's going to do next, what hope has a centre half got of second guessing? Despite being technically limited, he might just score a few important goals.
I think a lot of the love last night stemmed purely from the fact he was in the crowd with the travelling blues at Old Trafford, making him kind of an adopted true blue.

September 21, 2017, 02:17:46 PM
Reply #96

blue1948

I think the dignity he has shown deserves all the plaudits ,you don't have to be a Messi to score goals but you have to have a hunger and he seems to have that in abundance .Good luck to him and I hope he does well.

September 21, 2017, 02:31:00 PM
Reply #97

Bluedylan

You can't question his attitude though. It would have been very easy for him to bitch and moan about the way he's been treated by both Martinez and then Koeman, but instead He's just kept plugging away and trying.
For me, he's a bit like a Paolo Wanchope type. Big, gangly and unpredictable. If he barely knows what He's going to do next, what hope has a centre half got of second guessing? Despite being technically limited, he might just score a few important goals.
I think a lot of the love last night stemmed purely from the fact he was in the crowd with the travelling blues at Old Trafford, making him kind of an adopted true blue.

Yeah good on him. I don't have anything against him, just think we tend to fixate on random sideshow stories. He's an okish striker for this level, scored a few goals for Hull and doesn't seem to have had much interest in terms of other clubs clamouring to sign him in the summer.

Dominic Calvert Lewin, on the other hand, could be a star one day. Seems to have the lot.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 21, 2017, 04:16:38 PM
Reply #98

BlueBeagle

You can't question his attitude though. It would have been very easy for him to bitch and moan about the way he's been treated by both Martinez and then Koeman

Whilst laughing all the way to the bank with wages nobody else in the world would pay him let's remember.

Let's not paint him out to be a martyr, he's been very well compensated during his time here and also had a decent amount of football whilst out on loan last year.

September 21, 2017, 04:30:59 PM
Reply #99

arteta4spain

Think it's all about timing with Niasse tbh. Would we be that arsed if we still had Rom (and not saying he wants to leave every 5 mins)?
The fact we're struggling for goals especially in the league, points to looking at any available option. We paid quite a bit of money for him so we feel he needs to justify the fee.
Can see both sides though, we've needed him now and hopefully he'll get a chance to help in front of goal. He's no replacement for Rom but people know that.
Desperate times desperate measures and all that. 
Good luck to him. I just take it as it is. We'll just go with what we've got. 

September 21, 2017, 05:01:37 PM
Reply #100

ally2

Think it's a bit embarrassing myself the way so he seems to becoming some sort of cult hero a la Eddie the Eagle. He's not a serious option for the first team, he's pretty crap and there's no way top clubs' fans would accept this sort of player at their club. Makes us look small time IMO. I also don't understand why he should be getting credit for not being a knob. How he's behaved has been normal and no more. Perhaps even a bit desperate. And let's forget he's no angel off the pitch either. Anyway whatever we probably won't see that much of him anyway.

September 21, 2017, 05:03:49 PM
Reply #101

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah good on him. I don't have anything against him, just think we tend to fixate on random sideshow stories. He's an okish striker for this level, scored a few goals for Hull and doesn't seem to have had much interest in terms of other clubs clamouring to sign him in the summer.

Dominic Calvert Lewin, on the other hand, could be a star one day. Seems to have the lot.

Different types of player. They can both have an impact I think. Long term DCL is going to develop into a monster of a player I think

With Niasse, my thoughts are that we didn't sign a striker at the end of the window and we thought we would. We are lacking pace up front and something a bit different. He can provide the role of super sub or just back up until Jan at least, so let's use him

He was given a chance last night (the first chance he's been given in over a year by the manager) and he took it. The fans were so positive about his introduction last night and gave him hero worship when he scored

The lad was practically booed in his appearances against Bournemouth and Leicester the season before last and I think it might have showed in his performances

So I just want everyone to get behind him and will him to do well. He's not had an easy time of things, it must have damaged his confidence and pride what has happened (and I'm of the opinion that money isn't everything, and that it doesn't necessarily mean happiness, I'm sure you feel the same) and that it has taken great character from him to get through this and I would love to see him score goals and take us up the table as well as helping us land a trophy or 2
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 21, 2017, 05:06:12 PM
Reply #102

Bluedylan

Think it's a bit embarrassing myself the way so he seems to becoming some sort of cult hero a la Eddie the Eagle. He's not a serious option for the first team, he's pretty crap and there's no way top clubs' fans would accept this sort of player at their club. Makes us look small time IMO. I also don't understand why he should be getting credit for not being a knob. How he's behaved has been normal and no more. Perhaps even a bit desperate. And let's forget he's no angel off the pitch either. Anyway whatever we probably won't see that much of him anyway.

Couldn't agree more.

September 21, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
Reply #103

blue1948

I can't agree with you .He has behaved civilised but not normal in the superstar world they live .Everybody loves a hero look at the Straq and how he was revered .I don't see the desperate point either .He has never slagged anyone or anything about the club . By the way Eddie the eagle had a film made about him and is a cult figure in Finland -they still love him and he appears on chat shows and the like .Mind you they still play Kim Wilde on the radio!

September 21, 2017, 05:10:05 PM
Reply #104

Bluedylan

Different types of player. They can both have an impact I think. Long term DCL is going to develop into a monster of a player I think

With Niasse, my thoughts are that we didn't sign a striker at the end of the window and we thought we would. We are lacking pace up front and something a bit different. He can provide the role of super sub or just back up until Jan at least, so let's use him

He was given a chance last night (the first chance he's been given in over a year by the manager) and he took it. The fans were so positive about his introduction last night and gave him hero worship when he scored

The lad was practically booed in his appearances against Bournemouth and Leicester the season before last and I think it might have showed in his performances

So I just want everyone to get behind him and will him to do well. He's not had an easy time of things, it must have damaged his confidence and pride what has happened (and I'm of the opinion that money isn't everything, and that it doesn't necessarily mean happiness, I'm sure you feel the same) and that it has taken great character from him to get through this and I would love to see him score goals and take us up the table as well as helping us land a trophy or 2

Yeah points taken. I just find it all a bit lame the way we have 'Eddie the Eagled' him as ally says. He's average at best, which is why he only scored a few for Hull and why we didn't have loads of clubs wanting him in the summer.

I don't really buy into the thing of him being mistreated or any of that. Football is a meritocracy. If he was good enough, he'd be in the team, he'd have been given a locker and all that. In reality he's a very wealthy man, and I don't really feel any particular sympathy for him or dislike him in any way. I only care if he's good enough, and I don't think he is.