November 19, 2017, 10:27:08 PM

Author Topic: Atalanta vs. Everton  (Read 12383 times)

September 15, 2017, 05:24:19 PM
Reply #720

Toddacelli

I'm torn on this.

One part of me is saying "Early days, early days, lots of new players to bed in"

And the other part of me is running around screaming hysterically "We're all gonna die!"

Yes there are some very real mitigating factors but oh my god these early warning signs are fucking disastrous!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 15, 2017, 05:24:52 PM
Reply #721

themilkycoffees

If the players were the same I'd tend to agree but we've bought virtually a new team in the past 12 months.

It's for this reason I'm interested to see how we do after the Man U game when the fixtures get easier on paper and he's had 10 games to get an idea of what/who works.

Agree with you that a lot of the players are different now, but would argue that a lot of the same "leaders" still there.

September 15, 2017, 05:26:48 PM
Reply #722

Lxxx

Agree with you that a lot of the players are different now, but would argue that a lot of the same "leaders" still there.

I just think we've gone from a manager who was in cloud cuckoo land to an inflexible manager with very little man management skills. I don't think their is any special common denominator. 

September 15, 2017, 05:50:26 PM
Reply #723

Rodenplav64

I just think we've gone from a manager who was in cloud cuckoo land to an inflexible manager with very little man management skills. I don't think their is any special common denominator. 

Short termism of players and coaches is more the problem . Look at how Ranieri quickly became public enemy No1 . The abuse Martinez got was shameful and the reality is unless Koeman turns this around quickly Burnley and Bournemouth will think they can use our fans as their 12th man . I said to my mate the other week " Where the fuck has Davies enthusiasm gone " . In the space of a few weeks he has become a bit of a pfft of a player . Lookman scored against City in the same game last season yet seems to be judged on being paired with Martina against Hajduk ( obviously to Koeman it was lookman and not Martina who was pants ) . The thing is we have the players to go out and get a result on Sunday but there is absolutely nothing to suggest the game is going to be anything other than an embarrassment .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:53:00 PM by Rodenplav64 »

September 15, 2017, 06:14:24 PM
Reply #724

blueski

People underestimate the effect lukaku had on us last season it wasn't just the goals it was the physical threat the offered and all the man marking and doubling made an awful lot of space nearby for players like Davies

We are just so very easy to set up against at the moment
Nil Satis

September 15, 2017, 06:22:46 PM
Reply #725

Cods

like Jagielka and Baines should be replaced as soon as possible. They say all of the right things but you can just tell it doesn't truly hurt them when they get beat.   
Based upon what exactly?
What a load of shite.

September 15, 2017, 06:26:13 PM
Reply #726

Bluenose 91

Short termism of players and coaches is more the problem . Look at how Ranieri quickly became public enemy No1 . The abuse Martinez got was shameful and the reality is unless Koeman turns this around quickly Burnley and Bournemouth will think they can use our fans as their 12th man . I said to my mate the other week " Where the fuck has Davies enthusiasm gone " . In the space of a few weeks he has become a bit of a pfft of a player . Lookman scored against City in the same game last season yet seems to be judged on being paired with Martina against Hajduk ( obviously to Koeman it was lookman and not Martina who was pants ) . The thing is we have the players to go out and get a result on Sunday but there is absolutely nothing to suggest the game is going to be anything other than an embarrassment .

It wasn't.

September 15, 2017, 06:35:18 PM
Reply #727

themilkycoffees

Based upon what exactly?
What a load of shite.

Have they been successful at the club? No. How many trophies have they won? None.
How many derby games have they turned up in? One or two, at most.

Think the Carragher interview with GOT was pretty telling about their character. More interested in being mates with Gerrard and Carragher than winning games. Shite.

Jagielka is a liability and Baines, although once a great player, hasn't seemed himself for well over a year now. Heard from multiple people that he isn't all that interested in football any more. Still happy to pick up 70k a week for passing the ball backwards and sideways.

September 15, 2017, 06:38:43 PM
Reply #728

Rodenplav64

It wasn't.

I was ashamed and as a fan so should you have been .

September 15, 2017, 06:39:44 PM
Reply #729

Bluenose 91

He didn't get enough abuse imo

September 15, 2017, 06:40:07 PM
Reply #730

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Shut up

We've all seen you speak poorly about Koeman

September 15, 2017, 06:40:57 PM
Reply #731

Rodenplav64

Have they been successful at the club? No. How many trophies have they won? None.
How many derby games have they turned up in? One or two, at most.

Think the Carragher interview with GOT was pretty telling about their character. More interested in being mates with Gerrard and Carragher than winning games. Shite.

Jagielka is a liability and Baines, although once a great player, hasn't seemed himself for well over a year now. Heard from multiple people that he isn't all that interested in football any more. Still happy to pick up 70k a week for passing the ball backwards and sideways.

I agree both need replacing but only because their ability no longer matches the aspirations of the club . However , Koeman has signed quite a few who you could say the same about and their contracts have a lot longer to run than Baines and Jagielka . I think Baines ( all this one of our own shit really angered me ) was a snide when Martinez came in for stick but Jagielka is class as an Evertonian .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:43:16 PM by Rodenplav64 »

September 15, 2017, 06:44:18 PM
Reply #732

Rodenplav64

Shut up

We've all seen you speak poorly about Koeman

On a forum you melt . You wouldn't catch me doing it at a game FFS .

Edit . I hope I didn't hurt his feelings .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:47:09 PM by Rodenplav64 »

September 15, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Reply #733

Rodenplav64

September 15, 2017, 07:14:47 PM
Reply #734

Macca77

I thought the abuse Martinez got was quite mild, he got off lightly. No other manager in our history has angered me so much, the shite he constantly came out with made me want to hurt him