October 17, 2019, 08:48:24 PM

Author Topic: Atalanta vs. Everton  (Read 34381 times)

September 15, 2017, 01:58:18 AM
Reply #15

Lxxx

I reckon Barkley is leading the squad to get Koeman sacked, working in the background, even trying to get Conte on board not just with the transfer deadline lies but trolling Koeman thinking he would be getting Costa.

Lay off the smokes bud.

September 15, 2017, 01:59:46 AM
Reply #16

Lxxx

no win in 5 .... no goals scored last 3 ..... 8 conceded in last 3.... no idea where we go from here

Those stats will look a lot worse on Sunday evening.

September 15, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
Reply #17

Lxxx

Reckon Rooney the only one that could do that but Baines/Jags are captains, that should change.

Rooney being there might well be part of the problem. He's the main man, star player, biggest voice in the dressing room, goes where he wants on the pitch regardless of team shape.
Maybe all other players defer to his superior knowledge and experience, inside the dressing room and on the pitch, and if he's not on it then no-one else steps forward. I don't see any leaders out there this season but on paper we have quite a few.

I'm not absolving Koeman of the blame for our performances as the system and selections are head scratching but it's another dynamic to consider, especially when things aren't going well.

September 15, 2017, 05:15:24 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

If Koeman has indeed lost the players then two different managers will have lost the players at Everton in around 18 months. It seems to be the case that as soon as the players don't like our manager, they stop playing and look to get the manager sacked.

If the players were the same I'd tend to agree but we've bought virtually a new team in the past 12 months.

It's for this reason I'm interested to see how we do after the Man U game when the fixtures get easier on paper and he's had 10 games to get an idea of what/who works.

September 15, 2017, 05:26:48 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Agree with you that a lot of the players are different now, but would argue that a lot of the same "leaders" still there.

I just think we've gone from a manager who was in cloud cuckoo land to an inflexible manager with very little man management skills. I don't think their is any special common denominator.