November 23, 2017, 06:55:26 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57839 times)

October 02, 2017, 06:22:12 PM
Reply #1185

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
And you bring it up every fucking day you bore

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 06:22:16 PM
Reply #1186

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think Koeman could have been clearer re:needing a striker.

Not going to guess about the process, as I say it's impossible to infer the working relationship and anyone doing so is chatting wham.

Re: Dutch managers, who was the last good one? Why're all a decade out of date.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 06:24:27 PM
Reply #1187

Bluedylan

I've seen both said on here. We had a thread asking if DCL was our Harry Kane. We had 1 poster who I forget who implied he was the worlds best young player.

So you're quoting random people with insanely exaggerated opinions, and addressing those opinions as though they are widely held by the fanbase. Straw men.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 02, 2017, 06:25:57 PM
Reply #1188

SANA_DR0

He needs more than a striker, he needs to get his team to attack, or even play half decent football and learn to defend..

also instill some belief in the players, they need to be working a lot harder, regardless of being a footballer, even if your shit. you still should be working your ass off, not standing still.

thats down to the manager; not being able to motivate / implement his ideas on to the players.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 02, 2017, 06:49:04 PM
Reply #1189

Hawkandro

Really find Moshiri an absolute oddity if I'm honest. He's improved the club ten fold, don't get me wrong and he was much needed.

Just can't get my head around his way of doing things. All this Jim White stuff is just nonsense.

Can't believe it's this bad this quickly. International breaks haven't even ended yet.

Koeman, Van Gaal, De Boer have all been found out IMO, boring dutch football has been left behind.

I have to agree mate. He has done good stuff for us like wipe the debt out, reinvigorate the stadium, hopefully get the new stadium in place and such, but both statements to White (McCarthy and this one) and that interview he gave have been embarrassing.

These statements need to be better thought out, and they need to be made through the official website. Cringeworthy it all comes out through a fucking Sky Sports News presenter.

The statement itself too is worrying. You can understand he may be trying to ease the pressure on Koeman, as he is his pet project, but it paints us as nothing more than plucky underdogs, which is the tag we were supposed to have shaken off as part of this '3 year plan'.

I can only imagine the 3 year plan has also changed now, from breaking into the Top 4 to signing a FUCKING STRIKER.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 02, 2017, 07:00:35 PM
Reply #1190

BlueBeagle

And you bring it up every fucking day you bore

Who?

October 02, 2017, 07:01:29 PM
Reply #1191

cantoffee

Doesn't know his best formation, doesn't know his best tactics, doesn't know his best style, and doesn't know his best 11.

I really am not sure how bringing someone else in would put us in a worse position at the moment. I think he doesn't know how to build a team and although Walsh may have to take some blame for the recruitment it's clear he got the players he wants for the most part but doesn't know what to do now.

October 02, 2017, 07:03:12 PM
Reply #1192

formerKHL

Don't get the wrong idea here as I never wanted Koeman in the first place....

breaking the game down yesterday....for me It was probably the best we've played for some time....and again don't get me wrong i'm not saying it was acceptable....but certainly better...

Where have we got to under RK ? We've gone from expecting to beat burnley at home....to hoping we don't get beat by burnley at home....says it all....

However, it could have been very different yesterday if we'd have taken our early chances before they scored...could've/should've been at least 2 up...which shows our deficiencies at the top end of the pitch....

they effectively had 1 decent effort on goal and scored...it happens when your at the bottom end of the league...
my issues with the goal...we dropped in too deep in our own box...(Williams) which played them onside...
schneiderlin effectively run past the man with the ball....instead of standing tall and stopping him coming inside
what was he doing unmarked in our box......?
shows our deficiencies at the other end of the pitch.....

Is it Koemans job to sort this out? on the pitch yes deffinately...should he be sacked right now....i'm not so sure..

why do we need a DoF ? because it's the "in thing" at the moment in football to have one...what do they do ? Christ knows....they were initially introduced to sort out the academies and the development side of the club....now they seem to have progressed to a major role within the club....

do managers like having a DoF..or like working with a DoF ? I haven't met one yet who does...

final point...Unsworth as I've stated previously he cannot take over as he hasn't got his Pro licence which is  a must to manage in the prem...he can take "temporary charge" for a game or so... but not permanent charge ie the rest of the season....

October 02, 2017, 07:20:08 PM
Reply #1193

KoemansNumberTens

So you're quoting random people with insanely exaggerated opinions, and addressing those opinions as though they are widely held by the fanbase. Straw men.

I think there's a common belief both have done infinitely better than they have been. Pickford has been average. DCL quite a bit short of average. It's a pretty common opinion on here that they are both a bit special. DCL isn't currently good enough to be playing top flight football

October 02, 2017, 07:33:02 PM
Reply #1194

formerKHL

I think there's a common belief both have done infinitely better than they have been. Pickford has been average. DCL quite a bit short of average. It's a pretty common opinion on here that they are both a bit special. DCL isn't currently good enough to be playing top flight football

TBF I think most people are giving them both a fair judgement...to say pickford has only been "average"....in a porr side isvery harsh on the lad.....what would you determine to be average then as in my head i'm thinking if he'd been performing above your average we probably wouldn't have lost as many games as we have or conceded as many goals....

Likewise with DCL..he's been thrown in at the deep end....which I quite like to happen....and I personally think he's coming up trumps...a couple of goals will see his performance levels go to the next level again....people say he's missed easy chances...then argue we don't create chances.....I say he'll eventually take those chances as his experience of premiership football grows...

October 02, 2017, 07:42:29 PM
Reply #1195

Evertonian in NC

That take on DCL is madness.  What he isn't good enough to do is CARRY A PREM SIDE with Top 6/7 aspirations, which is what we have defaulted to out of necessity.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 02, 2017, 07:49:14 PM
Reply #1196

Bluedylan

We've won two games in the Prem. Without the Pickford saves from Shaqiri and Defoe those six points would be one point. That'll do for me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 02, 2017, 07:51:03 PM
Reply #1197

gizzblue

Its strange despite the blag multi accounts and different names you can spot the dirty rednose posting even amongst all the negative posts from the weekend 😅😅😅...its a big sore thumbstyle .

October 02, 2017, 07:51:48 PM
Reply #1198

KoemansNumberTens

That take on DCL is madness.  What he isn't good enough to do is CARRY A PREM SIDE with Top 6/7 aspirations, which is what we have defaulted to out of necessity.

He's been busy. Put himself about. Mainly though he's not done very much in most games and he's missed a few sitters. I'm not slagging him off. He's a decent enough prospect but that's all he is at the minute. I'd imagine pretty much every team in the league has a striker currently better than DCL which suggests he's probably not yet good enough to be a premier league player

October 02, 2017, 07:52:41 PM
Reply #1199

KoemansNumberTens

Its strange despite the blag multi accounts and different names you can spot the dirty rednose posting even amongst all the negative posts from the weekend 😅😅😅...its a big sore thumbstyle .

Do you mean me? I'm a proud owner of an Everton onesie which I'm happy to model for you when I get home