November 18, 2017, 02:41:45 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55743 times)

October 02, 2017, 07:56:05 PM
Reply #1200

Evertonian in NC

He's been busy. Put himself about. Mainly though he's not done very much in most games and he's missed a few sitters. I'm not slagging him off. He's a decent enough prospect but that's all he is at the minute. I'd imagine pretty much every team in the league has a striker currently better than DCL which suggests he's probably not yet good enough to be a premier league player

He'd be performing better without the weight of expectations, the #2 to somebody like Giroud.  Or apprenticing to Lukaku.  There's just a wide gulf between "not ready to be our sole attacking option" - because the alternatives are Rooney (wandering, declining), Niasse (impact sub at best), and Sandro (mystery box).

Personally, I'd play 4-4-2 with Sandro starting next to DCL so maybe sharing the load and responsibility helps each man.  Let them play into form until we can hopefully add in January.

Hopefully "Hammerin' Hank" Onyekuru gets here next season.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 07:58:13 PM
Reply #1201

Major Clanger

Do you mean me? I'm a proud owner of an Everton onesie which I'm happy to model for you when I get home

I think we'll take your word for it, if it's all the same to you.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 02, 2017, 08:03:54 PM
Reply #1202

formerKHL

He'd be performing better without the weight of expectations, the #2 to somebody like Giroud.  Or apprenticing to Lukaku.  There's just a wide gulf between "not ready to be our sole attacking option" - because the alternatives are Rooney (wandering, declining), Niasse (impact sub at best), and Sandro (mystery box).

Personally, I'd play 4-4-2 with Sandro starting next to DCL so maybe sharing the load and responsibility helps each man.  Let them play into form until we can hopefully add in January.

Hopefully "Hammerin' Hank" Onyekuru gets here next season.  :D

This...exactly this......please Ronald......

October 02, 2017, 08:22:44 PM
Reply #1203

KoemansNumberTens

I think we'll take your word for it, if it's all the same to you.

Probably wisest. I'd have to be seriously committed to this ruse to be red shite though. I'm on here every match day for the entire game. I know they are a bit deranged but who in their right mind would commit to watching our shite football for 80 hours a week just to annoy you lot

October 02, 2017, 09:10:38 PM
Reply #1204

sam of the south

Do you mean me? I'm a proud owner of an Everton onesie which I'm happy to model for you when I get home

Do you live with gizzblue? 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 02, 2017, 09:20:02 PM
Reply #1205

Lxxx

I'm 99.9% sure that the guy who talks to Jim White and says he's Moshiri isn't actually him

It's an epic prank that's being played

We can but hope.

October 02, 2017, 09:24:24 PM
Reply #1206

Lxxx

Mental and physical fatigue eh

Other teams don't seem to have that problem

Why is a chairman talking about mental and physical fatigue. At the start of October. For a squad that has had over 200m spent on it. This only underlines my suspicions that he hasn't got a clue about the football side of things but would like to give the impression he has.

He might know about how to run a successful and profitable business, how to gain finance at the top level, how to approach multi million pound projects. But understand the mind of a professional sportsman? Don't embarrass yourself.

October 02, 2017, 09:36:23 PM
Reply #1207

KoemansNumberTens

Do you live with gizzblue? 🤔

Haha I was more gonna post a pic. I guess he could come round if he really wanted to though

October 02, 2017, 09:38:06 PM
Reply #1208

formerKHL

i suspect because he's spent over 200million of his own cash on them..
he naturally thinks he does have a right...and he does think he knows what he's talking about...
after all his best buddy is jim white....

October 02, 2017, 09:54:26 PM
Reply #1209

Django

NSNO Subscriber
The two holding midfielders are doing Koeman absolutely no favours either. How 2 clearly high class players can be deployed in holding midfield roles and allow the opposition to casually stroll into our box and have a free shot on goal is beyond me.

It's a travesty that we didn't sign another centre half when it was clear Funes wasn't going to be fit. Ashley Williams is diabolical at the best of times but it looks like his legs have completely gone now.

October 02, 2017, 09:54:51 PM
Reply #1210

Realist

he naturally thinks he does have a right...and he does think he knows what he's talking about...

No he hasn't

October 02, 2017, 10:01:03 PM
Reply #1211

Lxxx

The two holding midfielders are doing Koeman absolutely no favours either. How 2 clearly high class players can be deployed in holding midfield roles and allow the opposition to casually stroll into our box and have a free shot on goal is beyond me.

It's a travesty that we didn't sign another centre half when it was clear Funes wasn't going to be fit. Ashley Williams is diabolical at the best of times but it looks like his legs have completely gone now.

I'm pretty sure Koeman hasn't told Schneiderlin to become a coward and shy away from the ball, only to pass it simply sideways and backwards when he gets it. Yesterday there were plenty of opportunities for him to move to make space for the player on the ball, be bold, think offensively and spot a gap. He just stands there, thinking his role is to sit in a 15 yard radius in front of Williams and Keane and do nothing constructive.

We've turned into a team full of pussies, with no-one apart from Rooney looking like they want to take any responsibility. Rooney's problem is he takes too much, whereas Koeman should be telling him to stay up top so we maintain some sort of shape.

It's all just a bit of a mess really.

October 02, 2017, 10:19:35 PM
Reply #1212

sam of the south

Haha I was more gonna post a pic. I guess he could come round if he really wanted to though

@gizzblue you've pulled, man 😃
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 02, 2017, 10:26:52 PM
Reply #1213

gizzblue

Eeeew no thanks ...my mummy warned me about naughty men on the net when I was 39

October 02, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
Reply #1214

Ravardo

Listening to talksport earlier they said if we had sold barkley and niasse our net spend over 2 years wouldve been 0