November 22, 2017, 08:42:19 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57471 times)

October 15, 2017, 01:17:46 AM
Reply #1440

Ridge

Performances show that he's losing the dressing room and fairly obvious issues with a couple of players.

With regard to lacking a number 10, Koeman said after Burnley we don't have one player with creativity, with that special quality.

deCoubertin

October 15, 2017, 02:00:39 AM
Reply #1441

Mac934

Performances show that he's losing the dressing room and fairly obvious issues with a couple of players.

With regard to lacking a number 10, Koeman said after Burnley we don't have one player with creativity, with that special quality.
And who's fault is that Mr K?

October 15, 2017, 02:23:08 AM
Reply #1442

Macca77

October 15, 2017, 02:37:26 AM
Reply #1443

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 15, 2017, 02:39:08 AM
Reply #1444

everton1952

The one that Barkley has put himself in.

October 15, 2017, 02:39:56 AM
Reply #1445

Macca77

Which bin? The ordinary one or the recycling?

Elton's grammar is shocking

October 15, 2017, 02:55:53 AM
Reply #1446

eyesalwaysblue

Good old Elton, it's what a lot already thought though.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 15, 2017, 03:29:26 AM
Reply #1447

KoemansNumberTens

It's utterly staggering we spent all summer signing number 10s and not 1 of them looks a capable playmaker with a bit of magic about them. We've signed 3 and upset the only 1 that could make to step up to become a top quality player. If Barkley leaves we still need a number 10. Absolute laughable mess. Whoever pushed for Sigurdsson should go. He's a decent enough player for a ridiculous fee and absolutely not what we needed. Personally I think it was koeman. He seems risk aversed when it comes to his transfer picks. Which generally means not quite up to it

October 15, 2017, 03:35:30 AM
Reply #1448

Mayor Farnum

https://twitter.com/WelsbyElton/status/918896602881888257

From the man who hasn't done anything of note in journalism in about thirty years.

How about Ross' boo boys, do they get to influence him because I can't see them getting a pay off.

October 15, 2017, 05:17:43 AM
Reply #1449

Ridge

It's utterly staggering we spent all summer signing number 10s and not 1 of them looks a capable playmaker with a bit of magic about them. We've signed 3 and upset the only 1 that could make to step up to become a top quality player. If Barkley leaves we still need a number 10. Absolute laughable mess. Whoever pushed for Sigurdsson should go. He's a decent enough player for a ridiculous fee and absolutely not what we needed. Personally I think it was koeman. He seems risk aversed when it comes to his transfer picks. Which generally means not quite up to it

I think Sigurdsson was more Walsh. Otherwise I think Koeman doesn't highlight creativity, plus I'm not sure Walsh sanctions 45m if he has any concerns.

Not many great number 10s in league, not many were great straight away.

October 15, 2017, 05:36:19 AM
Reply #1450

KoemansNumberTens

I think Sigurdsson was more Walsh. Otherwise I think Koeman doesn't highlight creativity, plus I'm not sure Walsh sanctions 45m if he has any concerns.

Not many great number 10s in league, not many were great straight away.

No there are many great playmakers in the league. Certainly not ones we could sign. Surely then we should attempt to find 1 from elsewhere. Surely amassing proven but not quite up to it makes no sense? I can understand klassen. Maybe we believed he would become a top player. Who thought 27 year old Sigurdsson would improve much or 31 year old rooney. They were just odd signings. Though least rooney was cheap

October 15, 2017, 05:53:23 AM
Reply #1451

Ridge

No there are many great playmakers in the league. Certainly not ones we could sign. Surely then we should attempt to find 1 from elsewhere. Surely amassing proven but not quite up to it makes no sense? I can understand klassen. Maybe we believed he would become a top player. Who thought 27 year old Sigurdsson would improve much or 31 year old rooney. They were just odd signings. Though least rooney was cheap

You can't buy something not available. Young or foreign player takes time to adapt, not obvious ones in PL and we got 2 of players with highest assists still playing, plus young options from abroad.

I think we needed it, I just don't see the solution we missed.

The 'special players'  wanted to leave and thats ok, but who is there to replace with? We can't improve every time if options are not better.

More teams offering more money for less options. But ultimately team is good enough, that cries of weak tools is a poor excuse.

October 15, 2017, 06:09:29 AM
Reply #1452

KoemansNumberTens

You can't buy something not available. Young or foreign player takes time to adapt, not obvious ones in PL and we got 2 of players with highest assists still playing, plus young options from abroad.

I think we needed it, I just don't see the solution we missed.

The 'special players'  wanted to leave and thats ok, but who is there to replace with? We can't improve every time if options are not better.

More teams offering more money for less options. But ultimately team is good enough, that cries of weak tools is a poor excuse.

Well the option we missed was keeping barkley happy. I'm not his biggest fan but for me he's more suitable for the role than the 3 we signed. Also the other thing is you don't then go spend 45m on a playmaker who really isn't a playmaker at all. He's just racked up a load of set play stats. It's not so much that we missed out on someone else. It's that we spent 80m on 3 worse than the 1 we've upset (who might also not be good enough) I'd rather have  not spent the 80m and played dowell. He's probably not good enough either currently but it's 80m and 12.5m a year cheaper than the 3 we signed.
Our record signing has no long term future here unless we stay a bit shit.

October 15, 2017, 06:25:34 AM
Reply #1453

gizzblue

Well the option we missed was keeping barkley happy. I'm not his biggest fan but for me he's more suitable for the role than the 3 we signed. Also the other thing is you don't then go spend 45m on a playmaker who really isn't a playmaker at all. He's just racked up a load of set play stats. It's not so much that we missed out on someone else. It's that we spent 80m on 3 worse than the 1 we've upset (who might also not be good enough) I'd rather have  not spent the 80m and played dowell. He's probably not good enough either currently but it's 80m and 12.5m a year cheaper than the 3 we signed.
Our record signing has no long term future here unless we stay a bit shit.
Not to forget Sig has predominantly been played on the left by Koeman the inept twat ...although given Ross's record we would maybe had one half decent 45 since the season started too.

October 15, 2017, 02:37:55 PM
Reply #1454

KoemansNumberTens

Not to forget Sig has predominantly been played on the left by Koeman the inept twat ...although given Ross's record we would maybe had one half decent 45 since the season started too.

He's a playmaker though. Youngish with some potential to grow. I'm not overly convinced by him but he's better than what we signed (other the maybe klassen who may or may not improve vastly) Rooney is way over the hill (though in fairness he was comfortably our best player against Burnley) and Sigurdsson just isn't a playmaker.