November 20, 2017, 06:37:29 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56509 times)

October 16, 2017, 02:56:07 AM
Reply #1560

ally2

Where is the nonsense and conjecture?

Good points:
we barely have any identity on the pitch at all. It's hard to even work out what we are trying to do.

He hasn't endeared himself to the fans
We've got a manager who isn't getting performances or results from the team.

Nonsense
If we stick with him this season and next and he doesn't make any progress then we will have fallen even further behind the top sides in the league.
Well true actually but obvious

Conjecture
He just isn't going to turn it around.
We are just wasting our time by sticking with him.
Right now we've got a manager who doesn't like or respect the fans
We will almost certainly find ourselves out of both Europa league and league cup within the next 2/3 weeks and be in an even worse positon

And then 7 people like this.  There's your lynch mob.  Basically all you have to do on here is find new ways to put Koeman down based on no evidence at all and everyone will blindly follow because 'Koeman=Bad'.  Proper Neanderthal pack behaviour.  We've got the 'like' and 'tool' buttons.  There should be a 'grunt' button too.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 03:02:06 AM
Reply #1561

Waltzer

Id say gross is better.

Similar stats to Sigurdsson last season and involves himself in the game a lot more.

Early days yet but he's looks a player and I can't believe no one else had a look at him.

Sigurdson is just bog standard. Can't see him making the grade here.
I think he needs a bit of slack. He had no real pre season, got chucked straight into an under performing team. He was also bought on the basis of his delivery and set piece skill yet we didn't sign anyone to benefit from it

October 16, 2017, 03:44:56 AM
Reply #1562

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Looks like someone isn't happy that they aren't in the Clique hey!😜
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 16, 2017, 03:46:41 AM
Reply #1563

Simon Paul

Administrator
Defo making a "grunt" button

Bally grunted at you would be a terrifying alert though

October 16, 2017, 03:57:45 AM
Reply #1564

KoemansNumberTens

I think in koemans defence now while he obviously has no clue how to put a competitive 11 on the field there's a few argument that we simply don't have a combination that would be competitive anyway. He seems to either have the option of playing a lot of established players out of position or playing a lot of kids who really don't look ready in terms of consistency. The main part of the damage was done in the transfer window. To get a competitive 11 we'd need lookman, Davies DCL and kenny to play lots of games and be consistently good. Only Davies looks close to that level currently.

I'd sooner have the ups and downs of a balanced 11 with a lack of experience than this shite though

October 16, 2017, 04:26:04 AM
Reply #1565

Ridge

October 16, 2017, 04:39:17 AM
Reply #1566

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good points:
NonsenseWell true actually but obvious

Conjecture
And then 7 people like this.  There's your lynch mob.  Basically all you have to do on here is find new ways to put Koeman down based on no evidence at all and everyone will blindly follow because 'Koeman=Bad'.  Proper Neanderthal pack behaviour.  We've got the 'like' and 'tool' buttons.  There should be a 'grunt' button too.

Why do you even bother coming on here?

All you do is have constant digs at people.

People liked the post because it made some very good points.

Should have a 'being a moaning cunt for the sake of it button' all just for you.

October 16, 2017, 04:41:26 AM
Reply #1567

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
There's no lynch mob for Koeman, he's performing very poorly in his job and is being judged accordingly. I liked how he started, his pragmatic approach seemed refreshing but he's not built on any of his strengths and the results are telling, the performances even moreso.

October 16, 2017, 04:44:58 AM
Reply #1568

GrantyBoy78

I think in koemans defence now while he obviously has no clue how to put a competitive 11 on the field there's a few argument that we simply don't have a combination that would be competitive anyway. He seems to either have the option of playing a lot of established players out of position or playing a lot of kids who really don't look ready in terms of consistency. The main part of the damage was done in the transfer window. To get a competitive 11 we'd need lookman, Davies DCL and kenny to play lots of games and be consistently good. Only Davies looks close to that level currently.

I'd sooner have the ups and downs of a balanced 11 with a lack of experience than this shite though
This is my take, too.

People say ‘there’s plenty of quality on the pitch, we should beat these’...followed by arguments as to whether we should have DCL or Niasse playing up front! They’re nowhere near good enough! Baines (sad but true), Jags, Niasse, DCL, Holgate, Vlasic (these last 3 will be decent, but not yet) are not top 7 Prem players.

The squad is massively unbalanced and seriously lacking quality in areas. I do now think Koeman has to go but I think he’s been royalty stitched by Walsh. Why would a manger who had great success with Mane decide to not bring in a pacey forward...or go into the season with one LB? He wouldn’t out of choice. And No striker...blah, blah - that’s been well documented.

I’m not sure any other manger could get us playing good attacking football when we just don’t have the players to do it.

October 16, 2017, 04:45:35 AM
Reply #1569

Bluedylan

Good points:
NonsenseWell true actually but obvious

Conjecture

Not getting on the bandwagon for the sake of it, but how's that a lynch mob? It's just people who agree with the sentiment. I agree with you that putting spurious stuff out about him drinking, and picking on stuff that's not relevant for the sake of it isn't particularly helpful or valid (especially when there's loads of genuine things to complain about him for!).

The reality is with his style of management and personality that it's great if your getting the results/performances. But, as many of us have said, if it starts going wrong, people aren't sympathetic or patient because he's alienated lots of people with his brashness. There's nothing wrong with saying that, and it doesn't make it a lynch mob if quite a lot of people agree with it.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 16, 2017, 04:49:32 AM
Reply #1570

van der Meyde

Seen a few truly dreadful shouts around about who should replace him which really make me question the decision. :)

October 16, 2017, 05:08:21 AM
Reply #1571

Bluedylan

Seen a few truly dreadful shouts around about who should replace him which really make me question the decision. :)

Don't let that put you off. Some of our fellow blues are dreadfully unimaginative. I've genuinely seen people suggesting Moyes and Martinez(argghh!!!). Stockholm syndrome is a muthafucka.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 16, 2017, 05:39:47 AM
Reply #1572

Bally

Administrator
Defo making a "grunt" button

Bally grunted at you would be a terrifying alert though
Can we have a "pffft" button too or a get fucked currill button

Haaaaaaa that's meant to just read get fucked button but I'm not deleting it hahahaha
It's the roll I way

October 16, 2017, 06:13:00 AM
Reply #1573

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
4 wins in 23 away games.

This isn't something that's just happening this season.

We were playing like this for large parts last season as well.

October 16, 2017, 06:51:34 AM
Reply #1574

Tony Clifton

Don't let that put you off. Some of our fellow blues are dreadfully unimaginative. I've genuinely seen people suggesting Moyes and Martinez(argghh!!!). Stockholm syndrome is a muthafucka.

Even I'm not that unimaginative.  Would love to be in a position to pull a "Bobby's Back!" prank on Kevin Mirallas though.  Just to see his stupid upset face, again.