November 21, 2017, 08:56:19 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56937 times)

October 16, 2017, 07:03:20 AM
Reply #1575

American Evertonian

For me if we choose to sack him we need to at least have an idea of who we would get to replace him. If they are worse of an option than he is then we need to keep him.

To me that is the ultimate deciding point.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

deCoubertin

October 16, 2017, 08:08:10 AM
Reply #1576

Ridge

This is my take, too.

People say ‘there’s plenty of quality on the pitch, we should beat these’...followed by arguments as to whether we should have DCL or Niasse playing up front! They’re nowhere near good enough! Baines (sad but true), Jags, Niasse, DCL, Holgate, Vlasic (these last 3 will be decent, but not yet) are not top 7 Prem players.

The squad is massively unbalanced and seriously lacking quality in areas. I do now think Koeman has to go but I think he’s been royalty stitched by Walsh. Why would a manger who had great success with Mane decide to not bring in a pacey forward...or go into the season with one LB? He wouldn’t out of choice. And No striker...blah, blah - that’s been well documented.

I’m not sure any other manger could get us playing good attacking football when we just don’t have the players to do it.

Koeman had Reed and Wilson for recruitment at Southampton.

We got Sandro? DCL will get goals if he gets better supply. We relied on Barkley to create something, but football is a team sport and it's not too much to expect a team to be able to create.

Martinez inherited Fellaini and Jelavic and had no money and identified his own players. Koeman inherited Barkley and Lukaku and has seen £240m spent on 16 new players, vast majority have gone into first team.

We should surely be able to cope without Lukaku and we had enough people complaining Barkley didn't do enough. How come now we don't have a good enough team to beat Burnley or Brighton, or even give good performances.

October 16, 2017, 08:10:28 AM
Reply #1577

van der Meyde

Don't let that put you off. Some of our fellow blues are dreadfully unimaginative. I've genuinely seen people suggesting Moyes and Martinez(argghh!!!). Stockholm syndrome is a muthafucka.
It's not the fans' lack of imagination I worry about. Just look at our summer transfer business! ;)

I just want us to put some intelligent thought into our next appointment. Decide what qualities we want in a new manager - developing youth players would be a priority for me - and bring in somebody who demonstrably meets them.

October 16, 2017, 01:27:40 PM
Reply #1578

dekko

I think he’s gone by the Leicester game. 3 really tough games ahead, even though 2 at Home, him and the team will be under pressure to win, will make mistakes, crowed gets frustrated, more mistakes by defense and we lose.
What frustrates me is that he’s just been changing players, formations, but feels like we’re playing with same style. Last year we were much more aggressive, fast, why not now? We do have some fast players (mostly on the bench).

October 16, 2017, 05:40:22 PM
Reply #1579

Robioto

For the first time, I'm over the edge. I'm quite patient, but the time has come, get Koeman out.

October 16, 2017, 06:06:41 PM
Reply #1580

Lxxx

I think he’s gone by the Leicester game. 3 really tough games ahead, even though 2 at Home, him and the team will be under pressure to win, will make mistakes, crowed gets frustrated, more mistakes by defense and we lose.
What frustrates me is that he’s just been changing players, formations, but feels like we’re playing with same style. Last year we were much more aggressive, fast, why not now? We do have some fast players (mostly on the bench).

Next three games could be argued to be 'expected losses' though, by Moshiri's own criteria. Surely Koeman is safe as houses having to deal with mental and physical fatigue as well as playing tough football matches.

Jesus wept.

October 16, 2017, 07:48:35 PM
Reply #1581

Mac934

How 'small time'  is Moshiri, with the "expected losses" quote. How the fuck does he expect the team to perform after saying that. If they are mentally and physically fatigued now, we are totally fucked by January!!

October 16, 2017, 07:49:03 PM
Reply #1582

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

October 16, 2017, 07:52:29 PM
Reply #1583

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2017, 08:39:39 PM
Reply #1584

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Crikey jimbo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 16, 2017, 08:57:04 PM
Reply #1585

Major Clanger

Is he gone yet?
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 16, 2017, 09:22:55 PM
Reply #1586

Toddacelli

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/16/shakhtar-donetsk-manager-paulo-fonseca-increases-prospect-everton/

Quite like the sound of him at this point. Koeman has proved there are no guarantees.

I like to be patient and give people time but ok, I am all out of love for Koeman now.

How good are these 'sources' though? Were we really interested in him before? Does anyone know?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 16, 2017, 09:43:06 PM
Reply #1587

sirblue57

I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 16, 2017, 09:51:03 PM
Reply #1588

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

October 16, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
Reply #1589

KoemansNumberTens

Think if we started the poll again now there would be more than 80% want him gone today