November 22, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57470 times)

October 17, 2017, 04:28:33 PM
Reply #1620

BlueForYou

What trophies and in which league?

And how long does he get - 18 months?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

October 17, 2017, 04:29:44 PM
Reply #1621

Lxxx

Personally think Barkley played an underappreciated role in helping to transition from defence to attack. The one thing he never did was hide, he was always available for the pass and generally helped retain possession. From a 'creating great chances' perspective, he unquestionably held on to the ball too long. What he did well though was keep it long enough that we could at least actually mount an attack (and relieve defensive pressure) - things we seem incapable of doing at times this season.

Good points. We very rarely have the ball for decent periods of the game so bizarrely in an under-performing team compared to last year Barkley may be more effective this season.

A bit gutted we never got to see Davies, Barkley and Rooney on the pitch at the same time. Not that there would necessarily have been an amazing interplay between them but purely from a local perspective they might have fed off each other. Possibly.

October 17, 2017, 04:44:34 PM
Reply #1622

Ross

What trophies and in which league?

And how long does he get - 18 months?

Heís just won the league and cup double last season and a couple of years back he won the Portuguese cup. Koemans won nothing for 10 years. Now before you argue about the merits of the Ukrainian league remember that Koemans only sustained success has been in the Eredivisie, which Iím sure youíll admit is no great shakes and hasnít been for about twenty years.

One of these managers careers is on the rise while the other is on the downward spiral, he might not be the answer to our problems but if itís a straight choice between the two as you suggested thereís not much competition to be had.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 17, 2017, 05:10:31 PM
Reply #1623

BlueForYou

OK, so we bring him in and give him 18 months (that would equate with Koeman) - that'll take us to season end 2019 when Koeman's contract expires

Stick or twist? I'll stick with Koeman

(And does Walsh stay, as well?)

I wouldn't write Koeman off, whether it be here or at another club - a bad patch doesn't conclude a downward spiral

All the best, Paulo

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 05:17:00 PM
Reply #1624

Juanito

Players donít seem to be playing for him and seem to be within themselves. I have hopes someone is gonna come in, rejuvenate us, along comes Bolasie and Coleman for pace and a new top draw striker.

October 17, 2017, 05:26:31 PM
Reply #1625

Lxxx

These next three games I'm wanting to see us have a go. New formations, fresh approach and if we can eke out a few victories then that builds momentum and confidence. I'm not against him staying but we just want to see things moving in the right direction and at the minute it looks very stale.

October 17, 2017, 05:33:27 PM
Reply #1626

BlueForYou

But that could happen under Koeman - rejuvenated with Bolasie and Coleman returning, plus a striker in January

And why do people think that the existing players will automatically play their hearts out for whoever steps in?

It could be a Mike Walker impact

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 05:38:34 PM
Reply #1627

Lxxx

But that could happen under Koeman - rejuvenated with Bolasie and Coleman returning, plus a striker in January

And why do people think that the existing players will automatically play their hearts out for whoever steps in?

We can't wait until Xmas for those two to come back, two players who have been out for a very long time and will probably have to be brought in gradually so by the time they're fully up and running properly again the season will be nearly over.

We need to see some signs that things are turning immediately before we're out of two cup competitions and probably in the bottom three.

October 17, 2017, 05:43:54 PM
Reply #1628

BlueForYou

Bolasie is a tough one - over a year out and may never be the same

More confident with Coleman for early next year

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 05:49:40 PM
Reply #1629

Ramjam

Going out of Europe and the Caravan cup might just save our position in the top flight for next year, give us time to appoint a proper manager and rebuild another team.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 17, 2017, 06:03:59 PM
Reply #1630

BlueForYou

Another manager, another team, another bad run of results

We haven't had this team for five minutes!

Harry Catterick

October 17, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Reply #1631

van der Meyde

We've got midweek games or internationals up until mid-December.

Koeman's alluded to the difficulties he's faced not being able to rectify problems on the training or drill it in to them in preseason.

That problem would no doubt be exacerbated if we were to bring in a manager with a completely different style of play. Even with a relatively quiet opening few months, Palace struggled with de Boer.

Not a simple situation at all really. Hopefully the penny has dropped a little with the team selections though and we might start seeing more functional looking 11s - without Sigurdsson wide left - more regularly now.

We might see a small 'new manager bounce' (these generally don't last that long...) if we sacked Koeman, but it's not a situation I'd want to throw anyone completely new in to. That's probably why I'd err on the side of an internal interim appointment personally.

October 17, 2017, 07:38:07 PM
Reply #1632

sirblue57

Koeman has shown little aptitude for changing the team, or playing a team with any recognisable formation/style of play. we are crying out for pace, yet those with pace cannot get a game. Williams has been dogshit yet continues to play .

we knew of most of these problems before the season started, yet spent a huge amount of time and money for a player we didn't really need that badly, Moyes got slated for dithering, even though he worked under a much worse financial burden, yet people defend Koeman.

either he shows he is willing to effect positive change and a workable team, or he should go, and soon.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 17, 2017, 07:41:10 PM
Reply #1633

ally2

Why are we crying out for pace?  Why is everyone obsessed about pace and width?  It's possible to win without them, and even then your never going to have a team that has no width whatsoever - there'll always be some.

October 17, 2017, 07:46:12 PM
Reply #1634

sirblue57

Why are we crying out for pace?  Why is everyone obsessed about pace and width?  It's possible to win without them, and even then your never going to have a team that has no width whatsoever - there'll always be some.
why? because our team is crying out for more than square pegs in round holes, 4 , thats FOUR number tens in out of 10 outfield players, we have no natural width, no experienced target man. ergo, we need a threat of some kind.
I have no idea what style of play the team is supposed to be set up for, and it seems most of the team are struggling with that as well.

a delefeou would at least give the opposition something to think about.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.