September 25, 2018, 08:31:29 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 102927 times)

September 11, 2017, 06:20:11 AM
Read 102927 times

Redartin

One step at a time - give him to Christmas.

If our B team, Sunderland, knock us out of the cup and we don't qualify for the knock out stages of the Europa and are 15th or 16th in the League then chase him.

If we are still in both cups and top half of the league then prolong it to the end of season.

The problem with our opening League fixtures that I see is, once teams start losing 3-4 games in a row the confidence goes, and then losing becomes a hard habit to break.
The other thing is, if we are trying to break into top 4, top 6, then surely beating those teams above us, especially at home, is a priority, not lying down and rolling over like yesterday.

September 15, 2017, 02:52:47 PM
Reply #1

Redartin

This could be the making oh Unsworth. A few good games as caretaker, secures it to end of season, gets us into top 6, and nails it as full time job, bit like Shakespeare did at Leicester.

Koeman can get the Dutch job with Frank De Boer as his number 2.

September 18, 2017, 08:29:06 PM
Reply #2

Redartin

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but Koeman said we need to win the next 4 home games, and if we don't win it would be best to stop

Is he suggesting he'll walk if we don't win them??

I thought that was a strange thing to say, I know there is a Dutch to English translation thing sometimes but maybe he is giving himself 4 games to turn it. Yet another motivational gem.

October 02, 2017, 03:06:26 AM
Reply #3

Redartin

Sack him and fuck up his aspirations of managing Barcelona the same way he fucked up Everton's.
We waited for years to have a financial backer and when we finally get one the money is squandered on shite.

October 02, 2017, 03:41:15 AM
Reply #4

Redartin

He wouldn't get the job at Barca's B team, he's fucking useless
But he doesn't think that. This disappointing time is the players fault, the recruitment people's fault, the tea lady's fault, everyone else's fault,  not his.

October 13, 2017, 04:28:26 PM
Reply #5

Redartin

Cant see it,
hes
got ambitions of managing at the very top and sees us as a stepping stone, fail to see how taking on the worst Dutch team ever who have just lost their best player to retirement is going to do anything other than compound his faltering reputation.

From a Dutch point of view this is the ideal time for Koeman to be manager. If they were, on paper, one of the best teams they had in years with a number of up and coming youngsters would you make him manager then? Oh wait! :bonk:

October 20, 2017, 06:02:03 AM
Reply #6

Redartin

We had no money for years.

We always said if only we had a financial backer.

We get one, and Koeman and Walsh conspire to piss away millions on shite, and also sell the family silver.

They shouldn't be sacked, they should be tried for crimes against humanity,(Evertonians).

October 20, 2017, 08:00:34 PM
Reply #7

Redartin

Is he gone yet?

I keep checking in to see too.
Always in the hope that there is this "new manager" thread started.
It's like pacing up and down in a maternity ward.

Someday. Someday soon.

October 22, 2017, 11:54:17 PM
Reply #8

Redartin

October 23, 2017, 04:54:41 PM
Reply #9

Redartin

I genuinely feel insulted he's still in the job, what can the board see in him that we don't?

A 12m compensation bill.

October 23, 2017, 04:59:26 PM
Reply #10

Redartin

We'll have to pay him 500k/month regardless of whether he stays or goes. Not an issue at this level I'm afraid. Unless the manager we've earmarked to bring in is going to cost a significant amount of money.

It probably will cost a significant amount to get someone to take on this mess.

October 23, 2017, 05:15:57 PM
Reply #11

Redartin

I'm not sure Koeman thinks his farts smell.

Koeman doesn't fart. The hot air and gases come out of his mouth at after match pressers.

October 23, 2017, 05:19:48 PM
Reply #12

Redartin

Expected to remain in charge for the cup game on Wednesday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41719228

This is unfortunate because I have a feeling Chelsea are going to field the youngsters and we may sneak a win on penalties or something stupid which will just prolong the whole sorry saga.

October 23, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
Reply #13

Redartin

The poll needs resetting now. It's currently stands at about half wanting rid when I think in reality it's probably 90% plus. It doesn't come close to reflecting current opinion

You could also change the first option to read,

"Sack him now THAT our season HAS GONE tits up"