November 22, 2017, 03:10:05 AM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 57231 times)

October 20, 2017, 11:04:26 PM
Reply #1800

everton1952

Lxxx.Your last post, how do you capture a screen shot like that and paste it in?  On another non football site I have been trying to capture part of a screen shot but cannot work out how to do it.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 11:58:51 PM
Reply #1801

kramer0

Apologies in advance for putting so many tweets into one post. This is going to be massive but I wanted to share it anyway.

Paul Riley is an Evertonian who provides some good, free Premier League analytics content. His takes on the club are usually pretty blunt, and at least of few of them are likely to piss you off, but this collection of old tweets provides a pretty good overview of a lot of what we've done since we sacked Martinez and how poor so many of those decisions have been.

Edit: That is way too big. Posting the first and last in the series, go to his Twitter account for the rest.

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/921272487488512000

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/921272762978783233

The kicker, and what the club really needs to consider going forward. Having a strong analytics presence at Everton might not be enough for us to conquer European football but it can at least prevent us from making more bad decisions.

https://twitter.com/ollie_shapiro/status/921298008280653824

https://twitter.com/footballfactman/status/921331657893924864
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:01:52 AM by kramer0 »

October 21, 2017, 12:06:03 AM
Reply #1802

bluenuck

@kramer0  I thought you were Paul Riley.  :laugh:

October 21, 2017, 12:14:30 AM
Reply #1803

kramer0

@kramer0  I thought you were Paul Riley.  :laugh:

Nah. I've viewed everything we've done - hiring Koeman, hiring Walsh afterwards, etc. - from a "Moshiri owned shares in Arsenal, he should know what he's doing" point-of-view. I didn't see any of this coming.

I'm now starting to worry that Moshiri only hired Koeman, and then Walsh, because Arsenal had sniffed around both of them at one point or another and that what Arsenal are thinking is the extent of his football knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:20:02 AM by kramer0 »

October 21, 2017, 01:03:11 AM
Reply #1804

van der Meyde

Nah. I've viewed everything we've done - hiring Koeman, hiring Walsh afterwards, etc. - from a "Moshiri owned shares in Arsenal, he should know what he's doing" point-of-view. I didn't see any of this coming.

I'm now starting to worry that Moshiri only hired Koeman, and then Walsh, because Arsenal had sniffed around both of them at one point or another and that what Arsenal are thinking is the extent of his football knowledge.
Wouldn't have been an unreasonable assumption, given he was advised by 21st Club prior to the investment.

October 21, 2017, 01:13:50 AM
Reply #1805

nwatson

i was really hoping he would have been sacked today. As he wasnt, we should resign ourselves to the fact he,ll be here for at least another 5 games ffs. Why they didnt sack him during the international break is beyond me. its a downright fucking disgrace. Now they wont sack him as theres a game to prepare for in a few days. Lose against Arsenal then its the same few days until Chelsea, then another few days to Leicester then another few days to Lyon.
our season could well be in tatters, but if we manage to win 1 of those games he will probable get another 4 or 5 more games on top of that. We played shit football last season, and even worse now, so how is it going to turn around, and how the fuck can the board not see this. They have allowed this clown to squander 200 million on players and we are heading towards relegation. The board are a disgrace. they have probable give up on the season and are prepared to sit it out, hoping he will resign to save them a few pounds. lets hope its not to late in the day when they realise Koeman is playing them for mugs and couldnt give a shit whilst he is earning his 6 million a year.

October 21, 2017, 06:14:56 AM
Reply #1806

everton1952

Can always accept criticism of a manager, but I cannot abide accusations that a manager does not give a shit. That is an ignorant and totally unfounded comment. Good bad or indifferent they all care what people say or think of them.

October 21, 2017, 06:32:30 AM
Reply #1807

nwatson

what did Koeman do immediately after signing his lucrative contract? He went on holiday. and this was after making us wait to come back from holiday before actually signing it.
Where was Koeman on transfer deadline day? On holiday.  He didnt think that maybe the manager of the club should be here to talk with or welcome any new or potential signings?
Week after Week churning out the same crap, without any evidence that we are actually trying to work on a style of play. The players havent a clue what we are trying to do. We can all see it, hence the want for him to be sacked before things get worse.
The point i made above is more aimed at the board not acting on the situation when the timing was right. They are probable more concerned about having to pay him off and would rather play a waiting game and hope he resigns. I dont think he gives a shit about that. Hes not going to walk away from the stupid contract he was given, and he wont likely be sacked until relegation is staring us in the face.

October 21, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
Reply #1808

SANA_DR0

LOL the first dude says we need a number 10..
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 21, 2017, 06:20:06 PM
Reply #1809

SANA_DR0

I feel he had at-least 3 more games, Mainly due to Moshiri not expecting us to get anything against Arsenal/Chelsea... then we have Leicester.. not sure if Everton expect to beat or draw to Leicester..

Basically Mosh expects us to not get anything against the big boys.. but only beat teams such as Burnley?

dafuq is that shit. Who has advised him of this???
I know that comment is a bit old now.. but going on that criteria, nothing is going to change until we lose to West Brom/West Ham...we've already lost to Burnley. We have Palace the after the next international break... dread to think how much worse we are going to get ;/
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 21, 2017, 07:43:45 PM
Reply #1810

Tinga

Marco Silva please.

October 21, 2017, 07:53:47 PM
Reply #1811

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Marco Silva please.

Yeah. He has an air of Pochettino.

October 21, 2017, 07:55:16 PM
Reply #1812

BlueForYou

In 18 months you may get your wish
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 21, 2017, 07:56:18 PM
Reply #1813

Ross

In 18 months you may get your wish

Do you really believe Koeman will see out his remaining contract?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 21, 2017, 07:59:25 PM
Reply #1814

ally2

Maybe. But there's been others like him before. Owen Coyle, Gary Monk, Aidy Boothroyd.