December 18, 2018, 06:07:32 PM

Poll

What should we do? (RESET 29 SEPTEMBER, AFTER LIMASSOL GAME)

Fire him now before our season goes tits up
Give him till Christmas.. If performances and results aren't where they should be for what he's spent, he's out
Let's just see how things are at the end of the season
The season has barely begun, he's a great manager and we should get 100% behind him
Ohhh Davey Moyes, Davey Davey Davey Moyes...
Fuck off with your polls, you cunt

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 111161 times)

October 17, 2017, 05:30:04 AM
Reply #15

Hawkandro

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41631339

Pretty spot on

There is quite a bit he could change though; he can play wingers, he can put some pace into the side, he could blood some of the kids, he can go 2 up top. He won't though.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 19, 2017, 04:21:11 PM
Reply #16

Hawkandro

I think Barkley feared his career would go the way of Drinkwater’s if he went to Chelsea. Which is never getting a game unless they had an injury crisis. Which he’d be correct.

I can't see him getting much more game time at Spurs either. Hopefully before he goes we will get rid of Koeman and get him to sign a new deal.

October 19, 2017, 06:53:31 PM
Reply #17

Hawkandro

I look at Spurs, and I weep. Big salty tears.

October 19, 2017, 06:54:21 PM
Reply #18

Hawkandro

Plus we were in for giroud who is like the Pelle T1000 Turbo.

The mane one is weird but we were in for Depay who is a similar player. Odd we didn't try for any other pace monsters or goal scorers from wide positions. I did read recently that Koeman didn't love Mane tho and played tadic or long ahead of him, sometimes using Mane as a ten..

Playing a No.10 or a Striker out wide you say? Hmm... doesn't seem like Koeman's oeuvre.

October 20, 2017, 02:19:03 PM
Reply #19

Hawkandro

We need to look at the likes of Spurs, Dortmund and even Lyon last night; they are not afraid to play the kids.

I mean, we do play the kids, I realise that, but Koeman doesn't seem to have cast iron faith in the kids. This is what we need. The youth setup we have, it's pointless if we then go and waste 150-200m on players who do not look suited to the club. We need a manager that will prioritise the delevopment of the kids. Mould the team in their image; fast, fearless.

At present, Pickford looks like the only signing who will be value for money. I still think Keane will come good, maybe Sandro and Klaassen too, and Gylfi showed one or two glimpses last night, but until we sign a target man, Gylfi won't be utilised properly.

I think it is time for Unsworth, or someone similar to be given time to mould the club alongside Walsh, into one that genuinely produces and gives game time to high quality youngsters.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:28:02 PM by Hawkandro »

October 20, 2017, 02:33:23 PM
Reply #20

Hawkandro

Even in Martinez's darkest day, he had fans on his side. It seems Koeman has no one whatsoever on his side, apart from Moshiri.

October 20, 2017, 02:36:49 PM
Reply #21

Hawkandro

Your dedication is honourable, Sir (or Madam).

October 20, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
Reply #22

Hawkandro

I don't mean play the kids with the idea of a short-term fix, I mean change the entire ethos of the club, so it is geared around identifying and bringing in the best kids in the area, coupled with the best kids from abroad, and then bringing them through that way. Thinking long-term here.

You build the side around Pickford, Kenny, Keane, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic, DCL, Sandro (still only 21/22), Klaassen etc. At the same time, looking to bring in up and coming players in the 18-22 age bracket to go into the first team/u23s with the potential to move up to first team the season after.

We cannot compete with the Top 4/6 for players we need, so we look at the next level which is identifying and bringing the younger players through. Much like Dortmund, Spurs etc do.

October 20, 2017, 03:01:01 PM
Reply #23

Hawkandro

Nervous on who we may appoint

Can it get any worse - you bet

Here's to better days

At this point, even Sean Dyche is looking like an appointment to get excited about.

October 20, 2017, 03:20:28 PM
Reply #24

Hawkandro

Ironically, I thought Schneiderlin had his best game for us in a while last night, before he succumbed to injury yet again...

October 23, 2017, 03:34:56 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

We're not known for our rash decisions though, one thing we do is take our time doing things and announcing them.

Saying that, I don't feel Moshiri wants rid.

October 23, 2017, 06:56:51 PM
Reply #26

Hawkandro

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/922423066541649921

"No specific demands placed on him"

Maddening. We have spent upwards of 200m and we are in the relegation zone, and the club don't feel like placing any specific demands on our coach who is paid 6m pa.

Pathetic.

October 23, 2017, 07:28:43 PM
Reply #27

Hawkandro

Doesn’t he?

What does he actually do for this 6m?

Apparently not. Read somewhere that Erwin Koeman and Ferguson take the training. Guessing Ron just sits in office playing Angry Birds.