November 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Author Topic: Clarke Carlisle  (Read 702 times)

September 15, 2017, 06:52:25 PM
Read 702 times

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41280150

Hoping he is found safe.
I have to return some videotapes.

September 16, 2017, 12:34:35 AM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Reported missing - his family, seriously concerned
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 16, 2017, 12:40:29 AM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
he's had enough breakdowns for the people around him to know the signs now surely?

he is obviously deeply unhappy at times, and those around him should be well tuned in to his warning signs and be able to intervene before it gets to this

feel proper sorry for him to be honest

September 16, 2017, 12:52:44 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Shame, comes across as a decent bloke and has done a huge amount to try and raise awareness and support others through mental illness. Hopefully he gets through this although given that he's had previous issues over a long time it doesn't look great.

September 16, 2017, 01:36:20 AM
Reply #4

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Been found in Liverpool thank fully.

September 16, 2017, 04:16:09 AM
Reply #5

The Analog Kid

I like him, he used to be on Five Live a lot when listened to the footy on a Satdy. There was also that programme he done, about racism in football (?) which I thought was good. He's a good pundit, he's just obviously having a really shit time of it the last few years. The lorry incident should have been the last one before helping him out once and for all.

September 16, 2017, 07:27:12 AM
Reply #6

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
he's had enough breakdowns for the people around him to know the signs now surely?

he is obviously deeply unhappy at times, and those around him should be well tuned in to his warning signs and be able to intervene before it gets to this

feel proper sorry for him to be honest
Seeing the signs is one thing but if he (or whoever in a situation like this) refuses help or denies they are that ill it becomes difficult to get them to accept help.
The only way you can force someone to have treatment is under the Mental Health Act - there is no half way house. That decision is easy to take if someone obviously lacks the insight to make the choice. Where it's not as clear it has to be a judgement made by a psychiatrist, a GP and a mental health professional.  All 3 have to agree or detention can't happen.
People are not just ill  or well, the illness fluctuates. Imagine having a long term respiratory problem and then catching a cough or cold - at what stage do you get help?  First sneeze or cough or when you are struggling to breathe? The added complication with mental health is the sufferer may be lacking insight and self awareness so others have to make the decision.
In my experience it was the cases where there was not an obvious course of action that were difficult because I knew my decision had consequences and risks which ever way I went. You are removing someone's liberty and treating against their will or leaving them with an element of risk to themselves and possibly others. Those were the ones that gave you sleepless nights!!
At least Clarke has been found and appropriate help is there.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 25, 2017, 12:58:19 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

October 25, 2017, 05:23:19 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

October 25, 2017, 04:56:59 PM
Reply #9

Macca77

Its great that he can actually talk about it

Wish him all the best

October 29, 2017, 01:38:38 AM
Reply #10

Toddacelli

Met him twice. Well - saw him really. Once at CenterParcs in Nottinghamshire and once at CenterParcs near Penrith.

Both times he was having family time so I just gave him a nice smile and nod of recognition. I wanted to tell him how much I enjoyed his programme on mental health in football and sport in general but I thought if there was ever a guy who needs to chill and just enjoy being with his family and not pestered by fans...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates