November 20, 2017, 01:56:13 PM

Author Topic: Reasons for optimism  (Read 2504 times)

September 18, 2017, 04:00:52 AM
Reply #30

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro looked decent today. With his pedigree there's clearly a decent player in there. Will just require some patience.

I'm hoping we'll see more of Klaassen in the next few games. In pre-season and Europe I thought he looked good, his quick thinking and passing and interplay with Rooney in particular I thought looked like the beginning of something special.

I think we're going to have to rely on him to come good at this point. He needs to be starting more games and we'll have to hope he finds his feet in the league, it might be the case of score one and he'll be off to the races.

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 04:35:14 AM
Reply #31

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Best thread in this section in the last month. Well in @Silas.

September 18, 2017, 04:38:11 AM
Reply #32

everton1952

Perhaps he would be better off at the races than playing for Everton? I hope I am wrong of course.

September 18, 2017, 04:46:47 AM
Reply #33

Elgoodo1978

We aint got to go to The Etihad, Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford again this season (cups aside)

September 18, 2017, 04:52:08 AM
Reply #34

Major Clanger

We might all die in a nuclear war.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 18, 2017, 04:53:17 AM
Reply #35

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
We might all die in a nuclear war.
Isn't that more of a double negative?

September 18, 2017, 04:56:09 AM
Reply #36

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
As for positives, Wayne Rooney. His determination, willingness to work, and despite what some say he still has nearly everything he has always had. Only lost a bit of pace.

If everyone else finds some confidence and starts playing to their potential, he will start dictating games.

September 18, 2017, 04:59:32 AM
Reply #37

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro looked decent today. With his pedigree there's clearly a decent player in there. Will just require some patience.

I'm hoping we'll see more of Klaassen in the next few games. In pre-season and Europe I thought he looked good, his quick thinking and passing and interplay with Rooney in particular I thought looked like the beginning of something special.
I missed the second half, the highlights show Sandro looking kuch sharper than previous games?

I think Klaassen needs to play in the Europa where he is already comfortable, to give him time to gel with the side. Mourinho did that with Mkhitaryan and that seems to have paid off nicely.

September 18, 2017, 05:00:54 AM
Reply #38

Martip

Out of interest do we know when seamus and bolasie are due to return ? Need those hellhounds back asap....

September 18, 2017, 05:21:33 AM
Reply #39

everton1952

In my crystal ball I can vaguely see them along with Niasse, and McCarthy and Barkley but they look a lot older than they are now. I can't see Koeman, but it looks like it might be a certain fat Spanish waiter we used to vilify in times past. I would have him tomorrow if he was available.

September 18, 2017, 05:31:18 AM
Reply #40

Major Clanger

Isn't that more of a double negative?

He tried again. "Going to watch the match this afternoon then?"

Ford glanced round at him.

"No, no point," he said, and looked back out the window.

"What's that, foregone conclusion then, you reckon sir?" said the barman. "Arsenal without a chance?" "No no," said Ford, "it's just that the world's about to end."

"Oh yes, sir, so you said," said the barman, looking over his glasses this time at Arthur. "Lucky escape for Arsenal if it did."
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

September 18, 2017, 05:38:01 AM
Reply #41

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
There was a lot to be positive about today as the applause from the fans at the end showed.
People have expectations that every signing should be top class, results come immediately, there are no mistakes on or off the field, every other team is shit so if we fail to win we are worse than shit and someone should get sacked.
Koeman is building a team - it will be 2 seasons before you can judge him. The likes of Williams are good players who were brought in to steady the ship. Hood but not great. He made sure Lukaku hardly got a look in today but will be remembered for a bad pass. There is an element of hypocrisy here as both Keane and Pickford did the same but no one even mentions that.
People need to step back and look at the whole picture rather than playing at football manager and assuming it's as simple as a TV game.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:40:39 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 18, 2017, 05:49:09 AM
Reply #42

Toddacelli

Okay to switch things up a bit from all the doom and gloom...

We've had a really tough opening set of fixtures.
We have signed a number of players who need to adapt.
Pretty much all of our signings are capable of more. There is no way Pickford, Keane, Sandro, Sigurdsson and Klaassen aren't much better than they have shown so far for a start.
The upcoming games should get us some points on the board.
We are still in Europe.
We've still got potentially three first teamers to come back at some point.

There's other things but let's not push it. What say you? Is it really that terrible?

I would add to that also that when the rest of the team pick up and Rooney isn't carrying everyone - he'll be freed up to be more devastating in and around the area.

All good things come to he who waits...

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 18, 2017, 06:02:19 AM
Reply #43

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Out of interest do we know when seamus and bolasie are due to return ? Need those hellhounds back asap....
Estimates vary but Christmas seems to be the aim for both, although some reports suggest Seamus is determined to be back sooner.

September 18, 2017, 06:06:44 AM
Reply #44

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
@Toddacelli - copycat!

@Master Clanger - wish I could give you +50 karma for that, top class quoting from possibly my favourite book.