November 19, 2018, 03:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Reasons for optimism  (Read 4391 times)

September 18, 2017, 01:22:02 AM
Read 4391 times

KoemansNumberTens

Didn't watch today so can't comment on the game. The reality is we are probably not very good but there's also 12-13 teams who are varying degrees worse. It's dull. We won't progress towards the 6 above us but nor is the world falling in

I do think koeman and Walsh as a partnership is a massive issue. Clearly something in that relationship doesn't work.

We'll be fine though. We'll continue being Everton. The best of the sides who aren't right good

September 18, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
Reply #1

KoemansNumberTens

We'll be fine but something has to change in terms of recruitment for the first team.

It's been quite inept. From waiting too long for players with little intention of signing for us, to the panic attempted buy of sissoko.

To paying top money for players you'd think we had a great negating position for (contracts running down, relegated, practically on strike) to then leaving big holes in our first 11 at the death

I think our recruitment in terms of the u23s or even the cheaper purchases has been very progressive. I think in terms of the first team it's been a bit inept. Not even in so much as the individual signings but in terms of the lack of flexibility leaving us paying a premium or even missing out completely.