November 22, 2017, 07:14:09 PM

Author Topic: Reasons for optimism  (Read 2530 times)

September 18, 2017, 12:55:10 AM
Read 2530 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Okay to switch things up a bit from all the doom and gloom...

We've had a really tough opening set of fixtures.
We have signed a number of players who need to adapt.
Pretty much all of our signings are capable of more. There is no way Pickford, Keane, Sandro, Sigurdsson and Klaassen aren't much better than they have shown so far for a start.
The upcoming games should get us some points on the board.
We are still in Europe.
We've still got potentially three first teamers to come back at some point.

There's other things but let's not push it. What say you? Is it really that terrible?

deCoubertin

September 18, 2017, 01:01:58 AM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

For me there aren't too many of these but that doesn't mean the situation should be met with panic and chaotic decision making.

Work hard in training and get a win in midweek with hopefully a bit of football sprinkled in. At least we did see tiny bits of passing football today.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 18, 2017, 01:11:02 AM
Reply #2

Cuttyblue

Pretty much all of our signings are capable of more. There is no way Pickford, Keane, Sandro, Sigurdsson and Klaassen aren't much better than they have shown so far for a start.
We are still in Europe.

There's other things but let's not push it. What say you? Is it really that terrible?

Shocking how poor several of the new signings are inc Schneiderlin.

I wouldn't have expected much more than 6 pts so far with these fixtures, but the manner in which we are capitulating... what are we score line wise in the last 5 matches? Guessing 1-14? Shocking.

But it is true that things could quickly recover... how are we going to score against Burnley though?  These guys are a tough nut to crack

September 18, 2017, 01:11:03 AM
Reply #3

eyesalwaysblue

Was really chuffed until Davies went off.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 18, 2017, 01:13:19 AM
Reply #4

KingOfNapaValley

I think this is our bottom for the season.

(If we lose our next one, I will be retroactively erasing this post.) :titanic:

September 18, 2017, 01:15:51 AM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Shocking how poor several of the new signings are inc Schneiderlin.

I wouldn't have expected much more than 6 pts so far with these fixtures, but the manner in which we are capitulating... what are we score line wise in the last 5 matches? Guessing 1-14? Shocking.

But it is true that things could quickly recover... how are we going to score against Burnley though?  These guys are a tough nut to crack

A set piece maybe? When you are struggling you just need that one bit of luck. Schneiderlin has not been a poor signing, he's one of a number to start the season poorly, I thought he looked better today. The signings can't be written off as poor yet and we know Sigurdsson and Keane are definitely capable of more in the Premier League.

September 18, 2017, 01:21:22 AM
Reply #6

charlatan

First 10 minutes aside, thought we were OK today, and should really have been at worst level.  They looked poor, and we looked the more likely until Williams completely fucked us over.

I never want to see that fat useless sideshow bob headed cunt in a blue shirt again

September 18, 2017, 01:22:02 AM
Reply #7

KoemansNumberTens

Didn't watch today so can't comment on the game. The reality is we are probably not very good but there's also 12-13 teams who are varying degrees worse. It's dull. We won't progress towards the 6 above us but nor is the world falling in

I do think koeman and Walsh as a partnership is a massive issue. Clearly something in that relationship doesn't work.

We'll be fine though. We'll continue being Everton. The best of the sides who aren't right good

September 18, 2017, 01:39:15 AM
Reply #8

SANA_DR0

A set piece maybe? When you are struggling you just need that one bit of luck. Schneiderlin has not been a poor signing, he's one of a number to start the season poorly, I thought he looked better today. The signings can't be written off as poor yet and we know Sigurdsson and Keane are definitely capable of more in the Premier League.

They maybe capable of better, but our manager and the formation style he utilises does not do us any favors.

dont know if they can be better when the instructions that Koeman is telling them aren't being followed through, not sure if this is a translation errors or players not caring.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 18, 2017, 01:42:21 AM
Reply #9

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Reasons for optimism?

The shite are still nowhere near a title challenge.

September 18, 2017, 01:46:54 AM
Reply #10

Macca77

We are still in Europe.

Proper mad you, its the worst ever, everyone is shit, booooo Everton! I told you so etc...

September 18, 2017, 01:47:53 AM
Reply #11

Macca77

Reasons for optimism?

Come on mate, your better than that, who cares about them, honestly

September 18, 2017, 01:51:46 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It was our best performance of the season and we lost 4-0. It actually hurts more than if we had not even tried.

I think we will be ok, but individual errors from the players and dumb subs from the manager have to stop. I'm at the point where I'm not bothered if Koeman goes and I always said I'd give until the end of the year before making the call.

I think we need to focus on one of our playmakers to be the core of the side, and it shouldn't be Sig yet. It's clear he is struggling due to having no pre-season, so a line up similar to today where we are at least more solid (I know we still conceded 4). That was until he decided to take off Davies and Gana and we effectively had Shcneiderlin and the back 5 and a gap to the front 6 which I think was the key to the defeat. Sandro, Sig, DCL, and Mirallas in front of the rest meant we were wide open in the middle. That's what cost us.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 18, 2017, 01:57:34 AM
Reply #13

Redartin

I never want to see that fat useless sideshow bob headed cunt in a blue shirt again

Was Koeman wearing a jersey?
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 18, 2017, 01:59:39 AM
Reply #14

Cuttyblue

Reasons for optimism?

Aw come on EC... I wish I had a reason to care about the rs - like we're both fighting for 4th and for champs lge, or we're both in the hat for FA Cup semis.

Miles from them at the moment 😞