November 17, 2018, 06:06:21 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland - Carrier Bag Cup  (Read 18917 times)

September 21, 2017, 02:53:51 AM
Reply #30

MrWhite

Decent feet from DCL there. Still sticking by my belief he'll get double figures this season.

Might have to start listening to you.  :hail:

September 21, 2017, 02:59:38 AM
Reply #31

MrWhite

Pay the electricity bill... Bill

Where's the Electric money Bill?

September 21, 2017, 03:09:59 AM
Reply #32

MrWhite

DCL off though I'd have left him on for his hat trick

Resting him for Saturday?

September 21, 2017, 03:24:31 AM
Reply #33

MrWhite

well there you go. Niasse!

September 21, 2017, 03:36:22 AM
Reply #34

MrWhite

September 21, 2017, 03:41:14 AM
Reply #35

MrWhite

Rhythm is a dancer Niasse is the answer

Not mine like but I think that's proper funny

Rhythm is a dancer
Niasse is the answer
You can feel it everywhere
Lift your hands and voices
Free your mind and join us

Sing this to Koeman next time we're playing shit

September 21, 2017, 03:47:33 AM
Reply #36

MrWhite

Well they're obviously not because they had experienced premier league players there.

Some players people wanted to see given a chance had that chance and took it. Let people enjoy it.

It's also a good bit of light relief after a totally shit couple of weeks.

September 21, 2017, 04:12:06 AM
Reply #37

MrWhite

That's about right. This game we wished we'd been able to watch, but couldn't.

The next game, we'll get to watch it, and wish we hadn't.  :whistle:

September 21, 2017, 04:36:07 AM
Reply #38

MrWhite

Not a fan of this we are out already shite. We can beat Chelsea, we have beaten Chelsea and fuck it we will beat Chelsea.

We're not already out. But getting hopes up on the back of this is just setting ourselves up to be gutted once more. Better to put thoughts of that game to one side, enjoy tonight, and not think about it again until the game comes up. If we do it, great, will feel like Christmas. If not, won't feel foolish for thinking we might beat Chelsea at their place.

September 21, 2017, 06:11:44 AM
Reply #39

MrWhite

September 21, 2017, 07:28:57 PM
Reply #40

MrWhite

Weird to me that people aren't raving about DCL more and instead seem to be fixating on Niasse. We've properly robbed Sheff United getting DCL for 1-1.5m.

I'm not that surprised. It's not a first for DCL to play a key role and score. He's also undoubtedly in the managers mind this season and will get more games, and goals. So while it's great that it's working for the lad, the Niasse thing is the novelty. I suspect there's a fair bit of the ongoing Koeman debate in this apparent 'obsession' with Niasse. No one really expects him to turn our season around or play that much, but then the idea that he would come on in a game and score was equally unlikely a couple of months ago. A lot of people are enjoying it, for a variety of reasons, and deep down I think most doubt we'll see that much of him, so maybe there's a bit of 'enjoy your moment, soon it will be gone' in there too.

I have no doubt whatsoever that shirt sales will show DCL is beloved by the masses. It's not impossible that Niasse starts to get the goals, but I would think his chance will come in this competition as DCL will be playing more in the league and Europe. Niasse's only real chance of becoming a starter would be if someone else gets injured. Which we really cannot afford to have happen.