November 18, 2017, 11:25:59 PM

Author Topic: not an easy question to ask..  (Read 4341 times)

September 25, 2017, 06:46:58 PM
Reply #30

SANA_DR0

I havenít seen any racist abuse at goodison in a long time, although I donít doubt it happens. As has been said people can be dicks. I do know what your saying about the gwladys tho, itís not the most diverse of places. In fact I can only think of one black fella Iíve ever seen in there. The fact he stood out so much doesnít reflect well. I do think itís a combination of the demographic of the area as well as the reputation Everton have had in the past. As opposed to the vast majority not welcoming non white supporters. What bothers me most tho is not just that it happened, but that no one stood up for you told the pricks to shut the fuck up and welcomed you with a warm handshake (or a nod. More likely a knowing nod).

Weíre are you planning on parking on Thursday?

In the past i've just parked in side streets, but i was thinking of parking at Stanley Park,  says its a 25 min walk, but it doesnt look like it on Google,

Toddacelli, fancy comeing along? I can pick you up :d

If I meet people at the game I always take them on a tour and bump into people I know, just so you can gauge the actual level of abuse that people can take hahaha

Lol, i can take abuse, im pretty cheeky too, but i need to stay out of trouble.. To me its more of an issue of being on my own and walking through the area. lol :s
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

deCoubertin

September 25, 2017, 06:49:29 PM
Reply #31

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
:hug:

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said. We're all blue.

September 25, 2017, 06:49:35 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

Would love to bro but I am working until 7pm on Thurs   :(

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 25, 2017, 06:50:25 PM
Reply #33

Redartin

I hate racist and bigoted bastards.

Go and enjoy your game, don't let the bastards win.
He is a Moyes dressed up in Ancelotti clothes.

September 25, 2017, 07:00:44 PM
Reply #34

phillyt

In the past i've just parked in side streets, but i was thinking of parking at Stanley Park,  says its a 25 min walk, but it doesnt look like it on Google,

Toddacelli, fancy comeing along? I can pick you up :d

Lol, i can take abuse, im pretty cheeky too, but i need to stay out of trouble.. To me its more of an issue of being on my own and walking through the area. lol :s

Itís 25 minutes if you walk the wrong way round. Depending on the time there will be plenty of blues walking up so you will be sound. If itís quiet tho walk around the outside. Not because you might encounter racists, just a smack head goblin might crawl out of his bush and harrass you for money which he definitely wonít use for drugs.
Used to love sitting in the paddock. Right on the linesmans shoulder ready to give him an earful last when he made a wrong decision.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 25, 2017, 07:04:21 PM
Reply #35

Marky Mark and the funky

Had to stop liking posts because I could do so for 90% of the posts on this thread.

Never been to Goodison myself, I don't want to detract from the theme of this thread by 'explaning' why, just want to say I hope you go for yourself bro :thumbsup:

p.s. if our ground move ends up having some firm dates you can bet your ass I'll be coming back home, I don't think I could live with us moving before I'd seen a match at "The Grand Old Lady"!

September 25, 2017, 07:05:42 PM
Reply #36

SANA_DR0

Itís 25 minutes if you walk the wrong way round. Depending on the time there will be plenty of blues walking up so you will be sound. If itís quiet tho walk around the outside. Not because you might encounter racists, just a smack head goblin might crawl out of his bush and harrass you for money which he definitely wonít use for drugs.
Used to love sitting in the paddock. Right on the linesmans shoulder ready to give him an earful last when he made a wrong decision.

Very much appreciated Philly! I might take some dried out pea's and offer them to the smackheads saying its a new form of smack..

lol trying to convince my liverpool supporting friend to come with me, which i think he is up for :D
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 25, 2017, 07:11:03 PM
Reply #37

formerKHL

on a different scale racism comes in different guises....I am a scouser living in Yorkshire...there isn't a day goes by when I don't get a "scouse jibe" aimed at me..my wife is Muluccan...so we get it there as well...

I went on  coach once to watch Barnsley at Wembley with some mates, I was meeting a load of my scouse mates there who live in bmouth, on the way down me mates phoned me to ask what time we were due to arrive at the car park...one dickhead on the coach said out loud..." fkkin scousers.. I hate them more than pakis"   (forgive the language)....

I told him I was meeting 20 of me mates at Wembley and they were coming to meet me off the bus so he could tell them that....he shit himself all the way down and never said another word...cowardly mate all of them...

September 25, 2017, 07:16:08 PM
Reply #38

blue1948

Very sad to hear ,sorry I picked up on this thread late .I am sure you will be fine but take no notice anyway if it happens ,I know it is easy for me to say but enjoy the game and threaten them with @bally if they say anything .

September 25, 2017, 07:25:11 PM
Reply #39

eyesalwaysblue

Attitudes must surely have moved on since 2012 mate hopefully anyway, put a big badge on saying "I AM SANDRO" Ronnie might let you in the Dugout..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 25, 2017, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #40

SANA_DR0

on a different scale racism comes in different guises....I am a scouser living in Yorkshire...there isn't a day goes by when I don't get a "scouse jibe" aimed at me..my wife is Muluccan...so we get it there as well...

I went on  coach once to watch Barnsley at Wembley with some mates, I was meeting a load of my scouse mates there who live in bmouth, on the way down me mates phoned me to ask what time we were due to arrive at the car park...one dickhead on the coach said out loud..." fkkin scousers.. I hate them more than pakis"   (forgive the language)....

I told him I was meeting 20 of me mates at Wembley and they were coming to meet me off the bus so he could tell them that....he shit himself all the way down and never said another word...cowardly mate all of them...

:(
Im very sorry to hear that, Wish it doesnt happen as much now.
most racists are cowards and ignorant, they will continue to be racist if they get backing/support off of others, or they will do what the shithead did on the coach..

Very sad to hear ,sorry I picked up on this thread late .I am sure you will be fine but take no notice anyway if it happens ,I know it is easy for me to say but enjoy the game and threaten them with @bally if they say anything .

The Notorious Bally..! might just have to buy him a few pints for name dropping :)

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 25, 2017, 07:41:56 PM
Reply #41

Jamokachi

Proper shitty thing to have to experience. I won't patronise you by claiming to understand what it must be like. Suffice to say I hope things have improved in the time you've been away, and don't let the dickheads in society dictate whether or not you can do the things you love, like going the game. Good luck!

September 25, 2017, 08:00:04 PM
Reply #42

Simon Paul

Administrator
there used to be a lad who helped on here who was (I think) Turkish and a muslim.  He felt the same as you about coming up to the match and was worried he'd be picked out for abuse.

I sat with him a few times.  Once in the Main Stand and the rest of the times in the Paddock, and he never had a word said to him about his colour and as far as I remember (this was ten years ago!) he said he felt comfortable at Goodison.  He brought his younger brother after a few times as well, and he said he felt right at home too.

It's sad that in this day and age people are still made to feel uncomfortable because of the colour of their skin.  As if it matters.  Evertonians used to have a bad reputation for racism, but not anymore. 

I usually park in the Stanley Park car park and it's ten minutes maximum.  Just give yourself a week to get out after the game as it's an absolute nightmare. 

Most of all though, enjoy the game!

September 25, 2017, 08:10:02 PM
Reply #43

SANA_DR0

Proper shitty thing to have to experience. I won't patronise you by claiming to understand what it must be like. Suffice to say I hope things have improved in the time you've been away, and don't let the dickheads in society dictate whether or not you can do the things you love, like going the game. Good luck!

Thank you and respect Jamo.

there used to be a lad who helped on here who was (I think) Turkish and a muslim.  He felt the same as you about coming up to the match and was worried he'd be picked out for abuse.

I sat with him a few times.  Once in the Main Stand and the rest of the times in the Paddock, and he never had a word said to him about his colour and as far as I remember (this was ten years ago!) he said he felt comfortable at Goodison.  He brought his younger brother after a few times as well, and he said he felt right at home too.

It's sad that in this day and age people are still made to feel uncomfortable because of the colour of their skin.  As if it matters.  Evertonians used to have a bad reputation for racism, but not anymore. 

I usually park in the Stanley Park car park and it's ten minutes maximum.  Just give yourself a week to get out after the game as it's an absolute nightmare. 

Most of all though, enjoy the game!

Ive only had issues when i've been with Asians. when ive been with English friends or mixed groups, never any problems..
I was a abit apprehensive as i was going to go on my own, but i dont think that is the case now..

I remember coming back  from the Man utd game., where Vidic scored in the last 10 mins... getting out was ok. the mistake i made was stopping off at Burger King on the motorway.. that took longer than the match!!

Thank you Simon, wish we all enjoy the game. :)

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 25, 2017, 08:56:13 PM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hope you enjoy the game without any issues. Racism at football is absolute hypocrisy, especially this day and age with the multi national teams that clubs put out. I don't think there's anything else to add that hasn't already been covered in this thread. Just enjoy, be yourself and I hope everything goes fine.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney