November 23, 2017, 11:48:14 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 2724 times)

October 01, 2017, 05:52:17 AM
Reply #60

cantoffee

Yea he can say what he likes about net spend but the players are his. He put this team together. Sure he doesn't have his target man but that's not our only problem and he made the squad even more unbalanced than when he arrived. Walsh may be in charge of recruitment but Koeman clearly has a lot influence and identified the wrong type of player.

deCoubertin

October 01, 2017, 03:02:26 PM
Reply #61

Faceatthefence

Yea he can say what he likes about net spend but the players are his. He put this team together. Sure he doesn't have his target man but that's not our only problem and he made the squad even more unbalanced than when he arrived. Walsh may be in charge of recruitment but Koeman clearly has a lot influence and identified the wrong type of player.
Koemans public statement that he,s handing over january recruitment to Walsh,is a veiled admission of failure.By saying he,s focusing on the team RK is distancing himself from the next highly important round of buying.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 01, 2017, 03:14:07 PM
Reply #62

Simon Paul

Administrator
Amazed anyone thinks Koeman will get top half this season

October 01, 2017, 03:43:57 PM
Reply #63

eyesalwaysblue

Koemans public statement that he,s handing over january recruitment to Walsh,is a veiled admission of failure.By saying he,s focusing on the team RK is distancing himself from the next highly important round of buying.
Maybe saved his job agreeing to this, not going to solve a lot while he's still in charge of the team, especially if his signings are still failing and he's still picking them in the second half of the season, his selection and tactics with the squad we already have is the biggest problem.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 01, 2017, 03:47:48 PM
Reply #64

eyesalwaysblue

If he dosen't change tack top half will be a surprise and a relief.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 01, 2017, 04:11:01 PM
Reply #65

Bluedylan

Top half and piss poor cup performances is nowhere near good enough anyway.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2017, 04:37:32 PM
Reply #66

Buck76

That's complete bollocks because we could be sat here with the exact same points but having seen the bigger picture, put in some decent performances in & we'd be patient..... But we haven't got a fuckin clue on the pitch never mind a Strategy off it & how we got sucked into a bullshit 3 for 2 deal on No10's is totally beyond me.

I'm not one for sacking managers but the quicker he's gone the better.

Being linked to Carrol has sent me over the edge....  :headbang:.....

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:46:06 PM by Buck76 »

October 01, 2017, 05:19:15 PM
Reply #67

plumber

I remember some people who thought Martinez could get top half in the 15/16 season. Isn't it even more amazing?

October 01, 2017, 06:14:41 PM
Reply #68

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
There's an piece knocking around suggesting Koeman is blaming Steve Walsh for not getting giroud in.

Trying to distance himself from all the blame it seems

October 01, 2017, 07:01:24 PM
Reply #69

kramer0

There's an piece knocking around suggesting Koeman is blaming Steve Walsh for not getting giroud in.

That relationship has never worked and it's probably the thing that bothers me most about the club right now. You don't get an overpriced, imbalanced squad like we have when things are going well behind the scenes. I don't want these two in charge of spending any more of the club's money because they've done a horrible job so far.

Koeman's involvement in transfers should be limited to giving a list of the types of players he wants and confirming that he can get along with the players the scouts return. He has no background in talent evaluation, having worked almost exclusively at clubs with some sort of sporting director, and should have no influence on specific targets.

As for Walsh - I'm starting to wonder if he should have even been hired in the first place. We should be getting a lot more from this sort of appointment. Fair enough if Koeman is vetoing all of his targets but I get the feeling there's more to it than that.

October 01, 2017, 07:17:14 PM
Reply #70

SANA_DR0

Giroud in midweek, seemed so disinterested, his body language was as bad as some of our players V Apollon, He seemed like a spoilt child not wanting to get involved or even be arsed to do anything.

glad we avoided him, couldnt bare spending 40m on another player who is disinterested.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 07:42:47 PM
Reply #71

sirblue57

If that ducking donkey Carroll is on our radar. I want both Walsh and Koeman gone.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 01, 2017, 08:04:17 PM
Reply #72

blob

underperforming players aren't helping.

pull your fingers out lads...

October 01, 2017, 09:03:51 PM
Reply #73

Simon Paul

Administrator
underperforming players aren't helping.

pull your fingers out lads...

not knowing what system they are meant to be playing in doesn't help them

being scared of being the next scapegoat for the manager doesn't help

it's not pressure from fans that is the problem, it's absolutely diabolical management

October 01, 2017, 09:06:41 PM
Reply #74

SANA_DR0

Telegram for Koeman,

Its a lot more negative than you can fathom.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.