February 21, 2018, 01:36:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 14339 times)

January 31, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
Reply #225

MmmBlueRamirez

I hope he goes and does brilliantly there, and proves everyone wrong

In Italy......

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 31, 2018, 05:46:36 PM
Reply #226

GrantyBoy78

The warning signs were there; the best players in this league are either strong, quick or both. If youre neither of those and you want to play for a top team then you need to a be a really fucking good footballer. I mean David Silva/Fabregas/Mata good. Hes neither strong and quick and not in the class of the 3 I just mentioned. Which means hes in Morrison/Allen/Britton territory; and players of that level wont improve us.

January 31, 2018, 06:03:47 PM
Reply #227

Lxxx

The warning signs were there; the best players in this league are either strong, quick or both. If you’re neither of those and you want to play for a top team then you need to a be a really fucking good footballer. I mean David Silva/Fabregas/Mata good. He’s neither strong and quick and not in the class of the 3 I just mentioned. Which means he’s in Morrison/Allen/Britton territory; and players of that level won’t improve us.

Not sure I agree with that. If you put a young Silva/Fabregas/Mata in a foreign country and in a team that is struggling for any kind of confidence, that doesn't pass the ball and is losing most weeks then I'm not sure their quality would automatically shine through.
I'm not saying that Klaassan is in their league but he's clearly not as shit as we've seen so far.

January 31, 2018, 06:33:24 PM
Reply #228

Macca77

January 31, 2018, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #229

Waltzer

Hearing it might be off as they didnt realise he'd played in the Europa league and is cup tied?

January 31, 2018, 07:26:01 PM
Reply #230

Macca77

January 31, 2018, 07:31:12 PM
Reply #231

WeimaranerBlues

how the fuck they not check this out before enquiring -

personally need to see more of him hee-

no point Sam saying on talksport he needs game time -  needs to adapt to the prem-  but off loads him to Italy-  to come back next season --pointless
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 07:32:17 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

January 31, 2018, 08:02:54 PM
Reply #232

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hearing it might be off as they didnt realise he'd played in the Europa league and is cup tied?

Lmao how does his keep happening
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 31, 2018, 08:06:27 PM
Reply #233

Macca77

January 31, 2018, 08:12:42 PM
Reply #234

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hes only going to get over the physical issues by playing.

But hes definitely someone that has the other players around do most of the possession work which narrows things down a bit here.

January 31, 2018, 08:16:57 PM
Reply #235

Major Clanger

Not sure I agree with that. If you put a young Silva/Fabregas/Mata in a foreign country and in a team that is struggling for any kind of confidence, that doesn't pass the ball and is losing most weeks then I'm not sure their quality would automatically shine through.

Of course it would, at least in glimpses. For a start, they'd always be looking to get involved and get on the ball rather than making silly "ghost runs".
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 31, 2018, 08:18:58 PM
Reply #236

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

January 31, 2018, 08:21:26 PM
Reply #237

Macca77

Hahahaha

Everton have just been out Evertoned

That was my first thought as well.

For their next trick, they will sign a player on a 4 year deal but only have a 3 year work permit.

January 31, 2018, 08:34:38 PM
Reply #238

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like Napoli have their own Stefano Washetti over there.

Besides, he didn't really play for us in Europa. The game passed him by...
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

January 31, 2018, 08:36:32 PM
Reply #239

Lxxx

Of course it would, at least in glimpses. For a start, they'd always be looking to get involved and get on the ball rather than making silly "ghost runs".

I'm not defending him as I think he's been poor when he's played but I just don't think he's as shite as we've seen so far. The lad has captained Ajax, won titles, is an experienced international and has played and scored in the Champions League for a few years. He's not alone this season as everyone has under-performed but he wouldn't be the first to struggle in his first year moving to this country.