November 20, 2018, 04:17:03 AM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 26470 times)

October 17, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Read 26470 times

Waltzer

Another one who is being played out of position. He's not a Number !0 - he's a box to box midfielder.

Not been impressed at all by him so far, but it took Bergkamp a long time to settle, and plenty of others... so not actually that worried about him. Could def still come good.

Wasn't he the actual number 10 for Ajax? And when you look at all his goals hes either right up there with the centre forward or playing just off, so I dont think theres much weight to that argument?

I agree he hasnt looked great so far but it was too much too soon I think, Im not confident that he will get the chance to come good if im honest, the Premiership waits for no man and its about taking your chances and hes slipping further down the pecking order.

October 20, 2017, 02:55:54 PM
Reply #1

Waltzer

We don't play him in the right position but he surely has to offer more as a midfielder. He is just a ghost at the moment. Does absolutely nothing.

Ive seen him play centre mid and as a number 10, where is his best position then, on the wing or as a holding midfielder!!? All this were not playing him in his best position holds little water with me, if I played him centre back I would still expect him to be able to pass and not get blown off the ball like a rag doll in the wind, he needs to adapt to the situation hes in and he isnt at the moment.
Better players than Klasseen have failed and transfers are always a gamble, some work, some dont, all the indications are the latter with this one but there is still time.

December 31, 2017, 04:21:53 AM
Reply #2

Waltzer

It's fucking ridiculous he isn't at least on the bench
Why is it? If he isn't performing in training or doing what's asked of him then what image would that portray to those that are, if he was selected? I think every player should be treated the same and you get what you deserve regardless if you cost 25 million or a free.

December 31, 2017, 04:39:25 AM
Reply #3

Waltzer

Every man and his dog has had their chance now. Why not him?
Ask him, it's like you said, everyone has been given a chance except him so clearly he isn't doing something that others are. I'd say it says more about Klassens character and drive if we've got kids getting a run out or showing more in training that they're taking his place in the squad.

January 31, 2018, 07:13:02 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Hearing it might be off as they didnt realise he'd played in the Europa league and is cup tied?

February 04, 2018, 02:59:03 AM
Reply #5

Waltzer

See no reason not to.
He must be proper bollocks in training not too even get close to this squad, you'd think you'd only need 2 functional feet to get a run out at the moment!

June 10, 2018, 04:09:29 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

One bad season doesn't equate to a drop to 6 million.
He might not have what it takes for the premiership but his value hasn't tumbled that badly elsewhere.
The top 6 constantly spend over 20 million on lots of players who struggle . But they don't give them away for peanuts.

If you look at our transfer dealings over the previous few windows one thing is clear, we massively overspend on a lot of our signings. I dont think one bad season does equate to a 6 million drop. The 6 million drop is more a reflection on what he is/was worth, its not a the perspective buying clubs fault that we got rinsed yet again.

June 11, 2018, 03:53:30 AM
Reply #7

Waltzer

What doesn't help us in all this is everyone knows were keen to offload.  It makes him a prime target to get on the cheap,  why would you spend 20+ million on an unknown quantity outside of Holland,  he's failed to adapt with us so what are the guarantees he'll succeed anywhere else? A loan move is the most logical solution all round if we want to recoup a majority of what we spent, the wages and fee involved will make him far too high a risk outside the premiership to take a punt on.