November 18, 2017, 01:39:01 AM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 3805 times)

November 11, 2017, 03:08:52 AM
Reply #90

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not having this "He's 2 steps ahead of the rest of the team".

Think it's absolute bollocks personally.

Think it is aswell. When he plays for Holland that’s Ajax he’s the same. I think he’s a good player but he’s supposed to be a really good, bit part player on the pitch who scores goals.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

November 11, 2017, 04:36:25 AM
Reply #91

ally2

He's played what 5 games for us?  OK he's been off the pace but he's clearly a gifted technical player.

November 11, 2017, 03:10:46 PM
Reply #92

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He's played what 5 games for us?  OK he's been off the pace but he's clearly a gifted technical player.

Haven't seen anything to say he's technically gifted.

If anything he's limited technically and his game seems to be all about arriving in the box and scoring goals

November 11, 2017, 07:25:19 PM
Reply #93

blue1948

Haven't seen anything to say he's technically gifted.

If anything he's limited technically and his game seems to be all about arriving in the box and scoring goals
Compared with let's say Oumar ?

November 11, 2017, 08:20:53 PM
Reply #94

Lxxx

Not sure what observations these are based on like.

November 11, 2017, 08:50:44 PM
Reply #95

KoemansNumberTens

Not sure about technically gifted but I think he's a clever footballer. Passes and moves. Links play sees things apparently scores goals. Like a shit frank lampard

What worries me is that while everyone has been shit some have been completely dropped from the 18 while others continue to keep their places. Id like to see him and sandro get more chances now.

November 11, 2017, 10:00:11 PM
Reply #96

GrantyBoy78

The hope is we regain some sort of form and can start integrating Klassen and Sandro back into the team. They’re both hard workers but they’ve looked so off the pace no one can complain that they’ve been dropped. The frustrating thing is if we were to sell them, you can guarantee they’d pick up where they left off before they joined us and we’d all be wondering what might have been.

November 11, 2017, 10:08:32 PM
Reply #97

everton1952

Not sure about technically gifted but I think he's a clever footballer. Passes and moves. Links play sees things apparently scores goals. Like a shit frank lampard

What worries me is that while everyone has been shit some have been completely dropped from the 18 while others continue to keep their places. Id like to see him and sandro get more chances now.
I would play both in the remaining meaningless European games along with any other reserves we can put out to lessen the strain on the main squad. Otherwise I would not let either near the present squad, we have enough problems without adding to them. Of course if those two wipe the floor with Atalanta and the Cypriots etc then maybe give them a chance next month.

November 11, 2017, 10:38:46 PM
Reply #98

KoemansNumberTens

The hope is we regain some sort of form and can start integrating Klassen and Sandro back into the team. They’re both hard workers but they’ve looked so off the pace no one can complain that they’ve been dropped. The frustrating thing is if we were to sell them, you can guarantee they’d pick up where they left off before they joined us and we’d all be wondering what might have been.

I think it's a bit odd that that don't seem to be able to make any of the 18s now. We aren't blessed with great options or many in form players. Why totally exclude them

November 11, 2017, 10:44:43 PM
Reply #99

BlueBeagle

Why totally exclude them

Because they look even worse than the other options at this moment in time.

November 11, 2017, 11:05:26 PM
Reply #100

KoemansNumberTens

Because they look even worse than the other options at this moment in time.

But surely we'd hope they've room for vast improvement. I can't believe sandro isn't at least as good an option as DCL and niasse if he finds a little form. Just not sure how he can find it when he can't even make a bench now

Same with klassen has he really been that much worse than Sigurdsson. Surely we could give him 20 minutes for Sigurdsson and see if he can play himself into some form.

We are poor. I'd sooner risk these players in worse form who might have higher ceilings

November 11, 2017, 11:37:05 PM
Reply #101

Shogun

Administrator
Some good fixtures coming up for him and Sandro in the next month.

Atalanta at home
West Ham at home
Huddersfield at home
Apollo away

There's been plenty of premier league players who took some time to get going.

I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 11, 2017, 11:39:28 PM
Reply #102

everton1952

A new manager might just try them and we may or may not suffer the consequences. It doesn't look good for them but who knows? Different manager different tactics may be the salvation of one of these two if not both.

November 11, 2017, 11:58:27 PM
Reply #103

SANA_DR0

Some good fixtures coming up for him and Sandro in the next month.

Atalanta at home
West Ham at home
Huddersfield at home
Apollo away

There's been plenty of premier league players who took some time to get going.

i'd actually think they would do better getting to grips with the pace of english football by spending sometime in the premier league b setup, once they get confidence/flowing.. bring them back, but you cant expect them to get any sort of confidence or cohesion with players they wont be playing with week in week out,if they both spend around 6 weeks in the reserves their quality should shine through and bring their confidence up a few levels,
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

November 12, 2017, 12:00:27 AM
Reply #104

Shogun

Administrator
i'd actually think they would do better getting to grips with the pace of english football by spending sometime in the premier league b setup, once they get confidence/flowing.. bring them back, but you cant expect them to get any sort of confidence or cohesion with players they wont be playing with week in week out,if they both spend around 6 weeks in the reserves their quality should shine through and bring their confidence up a few levels,

It's good for them to get minutes under their belt but I'm not sure U23 footy will do anything more to help them get up to pace of the PL.

Probably a better idea for Sandro than Klaassen. He's got plenty of attributes, he just seems rusty and massively lacking in confidence with the first team.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth