December 11, 2018, 11:48:12 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 26928 times)

November 25, 2017, 01:45:27 AM
Read 26928 times

Gash

Global Moderator
Didn't seem to know where he was meant to be playing, either that or he was just trying to impress and ended up here, there and everywhere without actually getting anywhere.

To be fair he did carry Martina around for large parts of the game.

January 22, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
I think when you spend the thick end of 25m on a player you need to give him a bit more than 190 minutes in the Premier League to get him used to it, even the games he started he didn't get more than an hour, proper confidence sapping treatment. Short of taking his locker off him I think it's a bit shite the way he's been treated, especially by Koeman who wanted him then pretty much flung him on the scrapheap without giving him much of a chance.

Ironically the only two games where he was played for 90 minutes we won 3-0.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:20:25 PM by Gash »

January 23, 2018, 03:02:14 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
He's had 6 months to get up to speed and still Sam said he's not showing enough in training to warrant a place in the squad. I suppose he's a Rooney/Sig-lite and if he can't find a place for both of them at once then he's not going to find a slot for Klaassan.

He's not really had 6 months to get up to speed though, you can only do so much in training to try and impress but the only way he's really going to get sharp is playing games. He hasn't even been given a game by Allardyce other than Limassol and Allardyce wasn't even at that one. A total of ten games at an average of 43 minutes per game isn't really getting the chance to learn the league and get any sort of match sharpness.

January 30, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
Napoli apparently interested in Klaassen.

January 31, 2018, 12:26:39 AM
Reply #4

Gash

Global Moderator
Joyce has confirmed this on twitter

I know. That's who I saw posted it. :)

March 11, 2018, 06:24:16 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
He didn't really get much chance to do anything but I still think he looks neat and tidy. He's not the type of player who's going to pick the ball up deep and run with it but you can see he tries to touch and move all the time, one touch and keep the ball moving, try and find space, be an outlet for someone and move the ball on again. Ironically it's that type of quick movement of the ball that we've been rubbish at all season while he's been sitting in the stands.

June 09, 2018, 04:49:30 AM
Reply #6

Gash

Global Moderator
Why would we even deal with them when they fucked us on the yobo fee. We seem to almost enjoy getting fucked over

That was Fenerbahce.