December 13, 2018, 03:02:17 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 27008 times)

June 10, 2018, 01:06:19 AM
Reply #345

dunkster

Plenty of teams have players on fairly high wages who haven't had much game time. They don't all loan them out for 2 years for £3 million quid total.
And they aren't paying all his wages so that loan fee is wiped.
Martial doesn't get loads of game time at United. Wonder if we can loan him for 2 years at £3 mill?
Anyone who thinks we are doing well by this deal must be crazy.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 01:09:46 AM
Reply #346

School of Science

The set price only helps them not us. Itís a maximum not a minimum. They can renegotiate or even send him back. We canít renegotiate upwards

Brands  has decided we need him off the wage bill, everyone knows Klassen has been a poor buy, not suited to the premier league, so we know the ball is not in our court, we need to lower the wage bill so we can go for our own targets, time is not on our side. You get what you can in these situations. Losses will no doubt happen, this probably won't be the last. Besides that if Klassen does well, then maybe the ball will be in our court at the end of the loan.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

June 10, 2018, 01:12:38 AM
Reply #347

School of Science

Nowhere near the first team?? give it up will ye

Give what up ? He's not, how many first team games has he played since he signed ?

June 10, 2018, 01:54:37 AM
Reply #348

KoemansNumberTens

Brands  has decided we need him off the wage bill, everyone knows Klassen has been a poor buy, not suited to the premier league, so we know the ball is not in our court, we need to lower the wage bill so we can go for our own targets, time is not on our side. You get what you can in these situations. Losses will no doubt happen, this probably won't be the last. Besides that if Klassen does well, then maybe the ball will be in our court at the end of the loan.

If he does well then the fee is already agreed. If he does shit we get him back

I accept we arenít in the strongest position but I dont believe we canít find someone to pay 1.5m for 1 season with either no clause or a higher 1. Itís a really bad deal

June 10, 2018, 01:58:22 AM
Reply #349

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
It is very hard to play well if the fat manager does not give you a game ,don't bother with the "well Koeman never gave him game time " argument because he had just arrived and wasn't ready ,I KNOW that if you play as captain of a side in the final of a European cup then you are better than we saw last season .Give the lad a chance for fuck sake .
Imagine for a moment that he'd been signed by West ham last season and had the same impact he's had here. Then imagine we'd offered to take him on loan, pay wages and a loan fee. The majority on here would think it was absolutely crazy.

He has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he is in any way suitable for premier league football. It's almost delusional to see otherwise.

June 10, 2018, 01:58:42 AM
Reply #350

ajax_andy

We could easily sell him to the Dutch, Italian or Russian league for £10m.  Can't see this deal being true as it makes zero financial sense

June 10, 2018, 01:59:35 AM
Reply #351

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
The set price only helps them not us. It's a maximum not a minimum. They can renegotiate or even send him back. We can't renegotiate upwards
He's only worth about 6-10m, so 20m seems a good price to me.

June 10, 2018, 02:09:00 AM
Reply #352

KoemansNumberTens

Itís not a good price because they get a 2 year look at him before deciding not to pay it if youíre right and heís only worth a fraction of it

We should just do a 1 year deal. See where we are this time next year

June 10, 2018, 02:28:23 AM
Reply #353

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Imo if this happens it stinks of creative bookkeeping. Seems way more to this than meets the eye, this type of deal seems extremely odd. Would it not be easier to fully cut our losses on him now than to get into this weird shit.

June 10, 2018, 03:46:24 AM
Reply #354

blue1948

Give what up ? He's not, how many first team games has he played since he signed ?
There is a difference between not being near and not playing games .If  the previous manager didn't play him until the end of the season then he did ,then he is in the squad and near the first team .It is not rocket science .

June 10, 2018, 06:04:00 AM
Reply #355

School of Science

There is a difference between not being near and not playing games .If  the previous manager didn't play him until the end of the season then he did ,then he is in the squad and near the first team .It is not rocket science .

Okay I bow to your greater knowledge, ( even though the two previous managers hardly bothered with him either ).

June 10, 2018, 02:39:53 PM
Reply #356

dunkster

One bad season doesn't equate to a drop to 6 million.
He might not have what it takes for the premiership but his value hasn't tumbled that badly elsewhere.
The top 6 constantly spend over 20 million on lots of players who struggle . But they don't give them away for peanuts.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 03:41:20 PM
Reply #357

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Need to get him off the wage bill.

Heís not cut out for premier league football and no one is going to buy him and pay his wages.

Expect more of these deals unfortunately.

June 10, 2018, 04:09:29 PM
Reply #358

Waltzer

One bad season doesn't equate to a drop to 6 million.
He might not have what it takes for the premiership but his value hasn't tumbled that badly elsewhere.
The top 6 constantly spend over 20 million on lots of players who struggle . But they don't give them away for peanuts.

If you look at our transfer dealings over the previous few windows one thing is clear, we massively overspend on a lot of our signings. I dont think one bad season does equate to a 6 million drop. The 6 million drop is more a reflection on what he is/was worth, its not a the perspective buying clubs fault that we got rinsed yet again.

June 10, 2018, 04:27:16 PM
Reply #359

Hesmenos

Imo if this happens it stinks of creative bookkeeping. Seems way more to this than meets the eye, this type of deal seems extremely odd. Would it not be easier to fully cut our losses on him now than to get into this weird shit.
I'm sure Besiktas were done for FFP a few years ago and where given some form of transfer limitations as punishment. Maybe due to those sanctions this is the only way that they can structure this deal.
Brands probably knows what Klaassen is capable of better than anyone else at Everton. If he believes that he is not a good fit for Everton and Silva then getting rid quickly is the best thing for us. This will then free up space to bring in a player which is better suited for us.