November 24, 2017, 11:52:42 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9986 times)

October 31, 2017, 03:41:40 AM
Reply #225

KoemansNumberTens

I think it does matter though if the culprit is still there functioning within the club, which in my opinion he is.  I see little to no reason how Koeman could be implicated in any failure to secure a striker, with the exception that his list entailed players that were so far out of reach they weren't realistic, but considering Giroud was our main target and he was in the building I cant see it.

I can't categorically state that it was Walsh's fault either, but whoever it is that does the negotiating and deals with transfers should be fired, regardless of who they are.

I think koeman is a little spoilt he wanted who he wanted and there wasn't much room to deviate from it. I tend to blame koeman directly but then it does lead to the question of is Walsh weak and have the roles of manager and DOF been set out right. Think it's a mess both of individuals and the overall structures making

deCoubertin

October 31, 2017, 03:54:57 AM
Reply #226

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think koeman is a little spoilt he wanted who he wanted and there wasn't much room to deviate from it. I tend to blame koeman directly but then it does lead to the question of is Walsh weak and have the roles of manager and DOF been set out right. Think it's a mess both of individuals and the overall structures making

Which means the real problem is even higher up.

Give you a clue - he smiled and waved at the camera as Sanchez goal hit the back of the fucking net.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 31, 2017, 03:57:46 AM
Reply #227

KoemansNumberTens

Which means the real problem is even higher up.

Give you a clue - he smiled and waved at the camera as Sanchez goal hit the back of the fucking net.

I'd fucked off to the gym by then. Was it moshiri? I tend to think he knows fuck all about football right down to actually not knowing that he knows fuck all about football.
We've gone to being a shambolic business to fixing that and being shambolic in football matters

October 31, 2017, 04:15:49 AM
Reply #228

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd fucked off to the gym by then. Was it moshiri? I tend to think he knows fuck all about football right down to actually not knowing that he knows fuck all about football.
We've gone to being a shambolic business to fixing that and being shambolic in football matters

Shite at both imo
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 02:06:09 AM
Reply #229

kramer0

I would love to hear his thoughts on the make-up of this squad and why we bought who we bought.

This team has no strengths.

November 03, 2017, 02:11:00 AM
Reply #230

School of Science

I would love to hear his thoughts on the make-up of this squad and why we bought who we bought.

This team has no strengths.

Think he'd plead the fifth amendment, he'd have to because there can be no answers to that.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 03, 2017, 02:14:11 AM
Reply #231

Martip

Guilt by association, fuck him off

November 03, 2017, 02:15:40 AM
Reply #232

hill135

Our recruitment policy seems to be 'sign all the Prem's shite team's best players and see how that goes'.

November 03, 2017, 02:16:21 AM
Reply #233

kramer0

Our recruitment policy seems to be 'sign all the Prem's shite team's best players and see how that goes'.

Bonus points if they're old.

November 03, 2017, 02:19:45 AM
Reply #234

Cozzie

Yeah. I have had ample time to think about this and I have come to the conclusion that he is a completely boring dullard of a man who is in way over his head and was appointed on the back of Leicesters freak title win.

Given a job title he completely does not warrant and hasn't a fucking clue what hes doing.

November 03, 2017, 02:20:28 AM
Reply #235

Lxxx

Well Koeman did say more than once he wanted to sign players who had 'good stats' so we bought three players who have good stats, Sig/Sandro/Klaassan without thinking about how we could get them into the team. It's almost as if we bought them on that basis and threw them together and hoped it'd work.

November 03, 2017, 02:22:40 AM
Reply #236

Martip

Well Koeman did say more than once he wanted to sign players who had 'good stats' so we bought three players who have good stats, Sig/Sandro/Klaassan without thinking about how we could get them into the team. It's almost as if we bought them on that basis and threw them together and hoped it'd work.
Its a joke.

I think he has to go as we have surely just had the worst pound for pound transfer window in prem history ?

November 03, 2017, 02:48:34 AM
Reply #237

School of Science

Guilt by association, fuck him off

Should have been sacked with Koeman both were culpable for  A. No striker B. No centre half. C. No right back or Left back. D. Three number tens acquired.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 03, 2017, 02:48:49 AM
Reply #238

GrantyBoy78

Surely the first thing Koeman said to Walsh was ‘find me the next VVD, the next Mane, the next Pelle’? Not easy but I don’t get why we ended up with some of the players we did and why I blame Walsh more than Koeman. RK was left with players that can’t play the way he’s historically set his teams up...which defies logic and is surely indicative of interference from Walsh/Moshiri.

November 03, 2017, 02:59:35 AM
Reply #239

Lxxx

Was it even a necessary appointment in the first place at the time we made it? A new manager and a new DoF at the same time wasn't the greatest move, especially when the more senior appointment is a step up and the manager is a Hollywood name with a strong personality.

I suppose hindsight is a wonderful thing but when you run large businesses you need to be employing the best brains at the top of the tree to spot any potential issues before they arise. Knowing the historic issues that have arisen in English football with this structure it needs to be a very careful appointment.