September 24, 2018, 06:08:11 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 49194 times)

March 04, 2018, 03:18:36 PM
Reply #735

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
John Richardson = made up story

Neither club would appoint Arteta. Arsenal will be aiming much higher.

Nice comment of yours in The Guardian B.D  :)

March 04, 2018, 03:36:52 PM
Reply #736

Bluedylan

Nice comment of yours in The Guardian B.D  :)

Probly should have a different username but CBA. Cheers.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2018, 03:41:04 PM
Reply #737

sam of the south

Probly should have a different username but CBA. Cheers.

What did you write, mate?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 04, 2018, 03:42:44 PM
Reply #738

KoemansNumberTens

We have zero exciting players. We are Burnley with a really shit defence. Honestly don't know what they were thinking. Right down to a 45m playmaker who's functional with great set plays. Where's the flair?

March 04, 2018, 03:49:30 PM
Reply #739

Bluedylan

What did you write, mate?

Just slagging Sam off mainly.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

March 04, 2018, 04:43:50 PM
Reply #740

Alanvideo

The usual suspects on Sunday Supp all seem sure that Sam is going in the summer and Walsh should go with him. Good quote from one of them -  ' Sam Allardyce always gets fired for being Sam Allardyce ' - in other words we knew what we were getting when he was appointed.
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 04, 2018, 06:54:59 PM
Reply #741

Ross

The Mirror reporting we have 'finally found our Lukaku replacement' and will go for Jamie Vardy, offering him £150,000pw.

What a coup that would be, replacing a 24yo with a 32yo from our DoF's former club. Wow.

Williams for Stones. Rooney for Barkley.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if this happened given our current state.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 04, 2018, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #742

Ross

The usual suspects on Sunday Supp all seem sure that Sam is going in the summer and Walsh should go with him. Good quote from one of them -  ' Sam Allardyce always gets fired for being Sam Allardyce ' - in other words we knew what we were getting when he was appointed.

So effectively we’ll have paid £13m for the privilege of having Allardyce manage us for 6 months. That’s almost twice what Guardiola is on at City for 6 months work, four times more than what Klopp will earn at the shite.

What a fuckin state we’re in. Awful leadership.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 04, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
Reply #743

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bolasie is decent. Needs time to come back. Next season Is when you should judge him.

Disagree.

Don’t think he’s a bad player but his age, recent injury and low g+a contribution across his prem career goes against him heavily, and ultimately means we can’t bank on him at all.

If we can get rid of him for anywhere near what we bought him for then it would be good business, but if he stuck around the squad for another season as a wildcard squad player for cup games etc. then that would be ok.

I think players of that age should only be banked on if they are guaranteed good prem players - sig, Coleman, Gana.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2018, 08:51:26 PM
Reply #744

KoemansNumberTens

I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

March 04, 2018, 08:53:38 PM
Reply #745

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

I just don’t think there’s any need to even consider it. Even if not finished you can’t rely on him for that much. Very low priority player in the summer, regardless of what happens with him I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 04, 2018, 09:00:40 PM
Reply #746

Evertonian in NC

Depends if we can convince Lookman to give us another shot.  And maybe a little bit on Onyekuru's work permit.  With those two on board, I'm fine selling Bolasie this summer.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 04, 2018, 10:23:31 PM
Reply #747

Lxxx

Yeh, in the best phase of his career he might drop a shoulder and gain half a yard to whip a ball in. Now he doesn't look able, or mentally ready to, attempt to go past a player so all we get is a foot rolled over the ball once or twice before slowing the game down to walking pace.
Unless he surprises us he looks done as a player who will deliver from a wide area like Walcott does so I'd plan for life without him until he's needed for the odd game and he becomes a very expensive squad player.

March 05, 2018, 02:44:35 AM
Reply #748

bluenuck

.....................Just a bit of 'lazy journalism ' isn't it ?  Unlikely to happen ,Walsh won't be here much longer.

God I hope your right

March 05, 2018, 03:20:36 AM
Reply #749

blue slug

Walsh has got to go come end of the season we’d be utterly insane to keep him here