October 16, 2019, 06:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 66096 times)

October 02, 2017, 12:31:16 AM
Read 66096 times

BlueBeagle

As far as I am aware he doesn't pick the team so on that basis we can have less of a case for him facing the boot than the man whose job it is to motivate the players and send them out in a workable system.

Just on the other side of the coin, the manager would have an easier job if the required players had been brought in for him.

Note: Koeman should be doing better regardless of course.

October 02, 2017, 04:16:16 AM
Reply #1

BlueBeagle

I'm glad we went for the Director of Football approach especially as in the past we've had managers with a very large remit, the problem with the old 'manager does everything' system is you are assuming that the manager will be there for the long term and with the example of Martinez, he seemed to have quite a large say in how Finch Farm was upgraded with extra bedrooms or whatever it was he felt suited his philosophy.

I read the bedroom idea was fucked off as soon as the pillock left

October 30, 2017, 02:39:47 PM
Reply #2

BlueBeagle

There is also the rumour that the only signings that were 100% start to finish from Walsh were Vlasic, Sandro and Onyekuru. Apparently all the rest were from Koemans list.

Could be complete bollocks, but them 3 signings in particular do seem to stand out from all the rest.

Stand out in what way?

November 24, 2017, 04:13:36 AM
Reply #3

BlueBeagle

Didn't I read on here that members of the board (or certainly senior figures within the club) refer to him as "The old woman"?

November 24, 2017, 04:31:39 AM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

To be fair to the bloke, he was a scout who then got offered a blank cheque and a nice fancy title off the back of THE flukiest occurrence in modern football.

The blame lies with those who appointed the useless cunt, not the useless cunt himself.

November 25, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Reply #5

BlueBeagle

DOF doesnt really work. We've seen both Liverpool and Spurs move away from this in recent years.

Erm...

Liverpool are set to appoint technical expert Michael Edwards as their first ever director of football.
But despite the implications of having a supremo in charge of football matters, it is understood manager Jurgen Klopp not only welcomes the decision but encouraged it.

Tottenham Hotspur are actively on the hunt for a director of football, according to a report from the London Evening Standard.
Spurs are looking for a replacement for Paul Mitchell. The head of recruitment handed in his resignation in August and is still serving his notice period at the club

November 25, 2017, 04:56:36 PM
Reply #6

BlueBeagle

I think the fact that Walsh wanted Sam Allardyce says a lot about his level of ambition tbh

November 25, 2017, 05:05:15 PM
Reply #7

BlueBeagle

It’d just emphasis how chaotic, panic stricken and rudderless things are at present if we sacked our DoF just as there’s a transfer window around the corner and we’re in the midst of managerial recruitment crisis.

So it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that articles true.

Sooner get rid of the bloke now if it saves us from another transfer window like the ones he has overseen previously

Edit: Beaten to it by Brap by about 30 seconds!

November 25, 2017, 05:50:39 PM
Reply #8

BlueBeagle

Seemingly almost everyone loves Vlasic and Sandro and rates them, do you think Koeman knew about them and requested them? Or even that lad we’ve parked in Belgium? Same with Lookman as well.

People have said Vlasic looks alright based on what we've seen.
Sandro has been an absolute joke and nobody 'loves' him.
Scoring goals in Belgium means absolutely fuck all, we'll see what he's actually got when he arrives at Everton.
Lookman has done nothing but look out of his depth so far this season. May well blossom in a year or two, could just as easily bomb.

Stopped reading after that 1st paragraph because there was more than enough bollocks to ge getting on with.