November 25, 2017, 03:49:18 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 10228 times)

BlueBeagle, KoemansNumberTens and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 02, 2017, 12:16:36 AM
Read 10228 times

GrantyBoy78

I donít see why he should get off the hook, considering the mess we are in so thought Iíd start this.

Apart from bullying a couple of poorer teams out of their well established, better players, what has he achieved since being here?

After the dross Martinez signed and saddled Koeman with, we adopted the DoF approach - to provide more continuity and structure to our recruitment policy. If at any point we decide to change manager (which is looking increasingly likely), the new one should be able to slot in nicely, with a top squad at his disposal. Is this the case?

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 12:18:28 AM
Reply #1

eyesalwaysblue

BOTH THE CUNTS
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 02, 2017, 12:18:35 AM
Reply #2

TheTone

October 02, 2017, 12:19:00 AM
Reply #3

hill135

No.

The signings have been hit-and-miss for sure but none of us actually know the division of responsibility in terms of scouting and recruiting players. We can only speculate as to who is responsible for our shoddy recruitment.

October 02, 2017, 12:19:47 AM
Reply #4

Realist

Don't really see what he brings except confusion
We are the only club stupid enough to employ him because of the "role" he played in Leicester winning the prem.
His role was minimal at best & we make him our director of football, it's pathetic
Yes I'd sack him immediately

October 02, 2017, 12:21:01 AM
Reply #5

Realist

No.

The signings have been hit-and-miss for sure but none of us actually know the division of responsibility in terms of scouting and recruiting players. We can only speculate as to who is responsible for our shoddy recruitment.

Why wouldn't you sack him? Are you suggesting he might not play a role in any of the signings?

October 02, 2017, 12:25:50 AM
Reply #6

TheTone

never been a fan of directors of football

October 02, 2017, 12:27:28 AM
Reply #7

SANA_DR0

Why wouldn't you sack him? Are you suggesting he might not play a role in any of the signings?

the signings are not the issue, its Koemans use of them, Plus Koeman has stated a few times that other players where lined up, but he wasnt happy with them.. so good enough for Walsh(who has a good track record on finding players) but not good enough for Koeman.. who has a shit eye for players.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 02, 2017, 12:28:24 AM
Reply #8

Lxxx

As far as I am aware he doesn't pick the team so on that basis we can have less of a case for him facing the boot than the man whose job it is to motivate the players and send them out in a workable system.

October 02, 2017, 12:31:16 AM
Reply #9

BlueBeagle

As far as I am aware he doesn't pick the team so on that basis we can have less of a case for him facing the boot than the man whose job it is to motivate the players and send them out in a workable system.

Just on the other side of the coin, the manager would have an easier job if the required players had been brought in for him.

Note: Koeman should be doing better regardless of course.

October 02, 2017, 12:32:30 AM
Reply #10

Realist

the signings are not the issue, its Koemans use of them, Plus Koeman has stated a few times that other players where lined up, but he wasnt happy with them.. so good enough for Walsh(who has a good track record on finding players) but not good enough for Koeman.. who has a shit eye for players.

Walsh didn't find Kante or Mahrez, as for the signings not being an issue - I disagree - is Keane worth £30m, Schneiderlin £25m, Sigurdsson £45m?
There's £100m - I could sign better players with that money

October 02, 2017, 12:34:15 AM
Reply #11

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Walsh didn't find Kante or Mahrez, as for the signings not being an issue - I disagree - is Keane worth £30m, Schneiderlin £25m, Sigurdsson £45m?

Could you really? Or are you just being silly now?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 12:34:42 AM
Reply #12

The Analog Kid

Why do you keep bringing that up regarding Kante and Mahrez, even when it isnít even mentioned in the post you quoted?!

Walsh had a great hand in the squad assembled at Leicester regardless of it.

October 02, 2017, 12:35:37 AM
Reply #13

Realist

Why do you keep bringing that up regarding Kante and Mahrez, even when it isnít even mentioned in the post you quoted?!

Walsh had a great hand in the squad assembled at Leicester regardless of it.

Who would you think he means when he says Walsh had a good record of finding players?

October 02, 2017, 12:36:22 AM
Reply #14

SANA_DR0

when i went to the match on Thursday, my mate said that i play better than Evertons players.. lol

i dont care on the value of the players. its all arbitrary.. its the players koeman wanted,
I disagree with the Walsh comments, but over all, Koeman said no to a few signings.. regardless Koeman is the one who works with the players, regardless who buys them.
Even if you bought better players, Koeman needs to fit them into a system that is productive.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.